No announcement yet.

June 08 Designer Challenge Featuring - Granny

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is stunning Vanessa. Love how you tilted the paper. Thanks for the freebies too.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

Melanie Love that trellis under the pic, nice accent! Nanwu, that is a gorgeous sunset!, Mommabird, I like the papers you used under your pics which are also wonderful. Great jobs everyone!
      [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

I love your layout, Vanessa. And I want everything since you offered. LOL!

Can you explain plugins to me? I've seen this term elsewhere but not sure what they do. I know brushes and actions but plugins I don't understand.
        Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

Comment

Plugins are usually 3rd party add-in that can be accessed by many different programs. The "calling" program hands over the image to the "receiving" plugin, and it performs one or more functions, applies it to the image, and when closed, returns the image to the original program that initiated the plugin. Some plugins are free and some can get fairly expensive. You can google "Photoshop plugins" and see what comes up. Plugins were written in the early years to be compatible with Adobe Photoshop because it was the industry standard at that time. Now most graphic programs can utilize plugins. Hope this makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanessa View Post
            I could not resist your challenge Estee, especially as I had just had my wedding negatives transferred to digital. Here is a little something I did using your tiles - recoloured the background tile to try to bring it to a close match for the gold in my bodice. If there are any bits and pieces that anyone would like from this, let me know and I will gladly put them up.

Beautiful layout for a beautiful couple! I always love your stuff -- you have such a creative eye!

Comment

Plugins

With most Graphics Editing Programmes you have the ability to add what are known as filter plugins to the programme. They are basically additional bits of programming that enable you to use filter effects that are not normally available in your graphics programme. For example, most Graphics programmes will have the ability to perform a page curl. However the page curl I used in my picture came from a plugin called AV Bros Page Curl 2.0 (Unfortunately not a free plugin), but Mura's Copies is a free plugin filter and allows me to numerous things that I cannot do in PSP such as replicate exact copies at the exact same spacing across the page. Whereas I mentioned Kaleidoscope - this is also a filter effect, but an inbuilt one that can be used to create many different effects, but the one I use it for most often is turning lace sections into lace frames.

I hope this is not as clear a mud for you.

Comment

Frame and Envelope

This is the frame that I made - you are more than welcome to use it. Because it has an inner gold pattern, you may need to layer it over your photo for it to work for you.

I have had to upload the envelope flap as a Gif, because the file size was massive, but it should work ok. Just layer the two pieces to get one envelope. I do my envelopes this way because I tend to put things inside them.
                Attached Files

Comment

More freebies

The rings, bow and the little gold puff I put on top of it.

I can't put the wine glasses up because I don't know which tut or site I downloaded them from and therefore cannot check whether I can share them or not. Sorry
                  Attached Files

Comment

Wow, ladies, your work blows me away! Just gorgeous stuff! KPierce, I'm so glad you're learning to love tiles. Specially since I have so many in my site now that you can use. RD can do the paste inside and can duplicate just about all the stuff you did Vanessa. It does not use external plugins, but there is usually a way to duplicate the effects. And of course, I use PSP and PSE also. The more programs, the better! LOL.

Melanie, once I get the site going soon again, please drop me a note mentioning some of these techniques that you would like to learn in RD.

Vanessa, lovely picture of your wedding. I love the dress. You look really lovely!

Again, ladies, you are all doing a wonderful job!!! I may have to pull out one of my own wedding pictures before this is over and make a layout!

sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

Thanks, Vanessa for all the goodies. They're just beautiful!
                      Thanks, Granny. Can't wait to see the new site.
                      Thanks, ladies for the info on plugins.........but I still don't get it. A plugin is just a filter? I have Photoshop Elements 5. I guess I'll have to go get a freebie and try it out so I can understand what it does. Then I'll be back to ask questions again until Granny can get us all back up and running on RDP.
                      Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

Comment

You're very welcome Mel. Plugins, yes they are just glorified filters. Mostly I use plugin filters when there is something I want to do that I cannot do easily in PSP. Sometimes you can have too many bits and bobs to think about when the KISS method still works best.

Comment

Originally posted by O2BNGdHope View Post
                          Thanks, Vanessa for all the goodies. They're just beautiful!
                          Thanks, Granny. Can't wait to see the new site.
                          Thanks, ladies for the info on plugins.........but I still don't get it. A plugin is just a filter? I have Photoshop Elements 5. I guess I'll have to go get a freebie and try it out so I can understand what it does. Then I'll be back to ask questions again until Granny can get us all back up and running on RDP.
                          There is a folder called Plug-Ins under the PSE directory. That is where you would put any free plugins you get. This just extends the filters or effects that are built into the program. Like Vanessa said, AV Page Curl is a purchased filter as is alien skin Eye Candy. But there are plenty of free plugin filters available. Be sure you take note of which version they are compatible with, as some earlier plugins can cause your system to hang up. I wouldn't be without my addins!

Like they say, try it, you'll like it!

Comment

Vanessa, your layout is beautiful and thank you for sharing all your wonderful pieces to it. You are one very talented lady!!
                            Happy Scrappin'! Susie

My Buddies are
                            *eng*, EclecticDiva, fourfoxes, LindaPete, O2BNGdHope,
                            Pink Lollipop, Tiffanys Scraps, Autistic Wonder,
                            OnieRN, Moonlightpearl, LindaPete

Comment

Sorry ladies we have gremlins in the system again

My envelope bottom has turned to a JPG - Don't know how.

I have tried several times and it keeps on converting my PNG to a JPG - I think it has something to do with it being just over the file upload size.

Anyway I have converted the envelope flap into a png too and both files are in the zipped file.

Thanks for the heads up Mommabird
                              Attached Files

Comment

Granny thank you for the lovely comments on my work and especially my dress. It was a labour of love, especially dying and sewing all the alencon lace motifs onto my bodice. I have never had a proper wedding dress and I was determined this was the last time I was doing this so it was going to be right.

In the Layout forum you made a comment about wishing you had half my talent. Well Granny don't sell yourself short. Anyone who can master 3 Graphics programmes (PSE, PSP and RD) and teach one of them has a very special talent indeed. Not to mention Web Design and graphics manipulation, your own MAX store, restructuring the garden, building a new kitchen - need I go on. You are also very creative granny, you just don't realise how much.

Comment

Working...
                                X