• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Groove
    started a topic The Groove January 2009 Freebie Challenge

The Groove January 2009 Freebie Challenge

**Happy New Year!**

Welcome to The Groove's Monthly Freebie Challenge!

Hello from The Groove, Scrapbook MAX!'s *free* monthly newsletter.

Each month, a featured designer will offer a great freebie mini-kit and issue a challenge based on that kit.

All you need to do is download the freebie, create a layout that steps up to the challenge, upload it to your gallery, and post a link to your layout in a reply to this thread!

Details about this month's freebie and challenge are below!

The “Freebie” Part!

Carena Scott has provided a beautiful set of freebies that is sure to add grace and elegance to your layouts!

Find the freebies, attached below!
    * Please note that the freebies are attached as a .zip file. They will not automatically import into Scrapbook MAX!. To use them, simply choose Save when downloading. Then, extract the files from the saved .zip file as you would do with any .zip file. Then, drag and drop the images into the Scrapbook MAX! design space to use.

The “Challenge” Part!

Here's the fun challenge:

Do a multi photo layout using most of the elements and 1 paper and have a play changing the opacity of one element. Shapes are fine to use for either 2nd paper or photos. Mostly, enjoy exploring.

Be sure to check out the January 2009 issue of The Groove. You'll find stunning black and white layouts that are sure to inspire, a 10% off coupon for this month's featured Booster Pack Store kits,an awesome scrapper profile, and more!

Happy Scrapping, and all the best in 2009!

from The Groove

Not yet signed up for The Groove? Click here!
    Attached Files

• PixyGirl
    replied

Thank you for your very pretty freebies! An August wedding in Tennessee.

Leave a comment:

• VickiLynn
    replied
    I hope it's ok for me to join in, I am new to this. here is my attempt

Leave a comment:

• sylvia esther
    replied
    Oldtimers

Thank you Carena for the truly beautiful kit, and a great challenge. These are my great great grandparents.

Leave a comment:

• memphisfran
    replied
    Just looking through the 2009 challenges. This is fantastic! They all are of course but this really caught my eye!

Leave a comment:

• Carena
    replied
    Oh WOW - beautiful layouts by everyone - I won't comment here on them all but have left a comment on everyones posts in the gallery.

You have all excelled with excellent work and remember its not to late for anyone who hasn't got round to do one yet. We'd all love to see more. So glad everyone has found the freebie so useful. Totally awesome - you guy all rock.

Leave a comment:

• makeyesup
    replied
    Well finally got back to do one of these challenges. Loved the sunrise photos I was able to get and Carena's kit fit perfect.

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/...hp?photo=31379

Leave a comment:

• mandy1985
    replied
    freebie jan 2009

this is my layout, it took me long enough but i actually got it. all about trail and error. thanks everyone who tried to help me!!

Leave a comment:

• nanwu
    replied
    wow the layouts posted so far are awesome, what a great kit, so versatile

Leave a comment:

• tackettup
    replied
    This is my first post on this site. I had a lot of fun showing off my daughter with this mini kit. Thanks, Carena! [/IMG]
    Last edited by tackettup; 01-19-2009, 09:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bluevelvet
    replied
    Had to play along on this one...I love your designs Carena! This is my daughter Caryn and her family...They love doing these pictures together...I changed the opacity on the photos and the swirls. I used shapes for the photos also.
    Here is my layout

Leave a comment:

• Leslie S
    replied
    Thanks for the freebie, Carena!

Leave a comment:

• ronnalouise
    replied
    Mom and Dad heritage

Heritage photo of mom and dad c1941
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Carena
    replied
    jmh407 - first layout for challenge and gallery - isnt it awesome

You copy the ubb code and then post here in forum by clickking instert image box above (looks like yellow square with hill) - back space over the http bit and then past the code into pop up area.

I've done for you this time - thanks for joining challenge - hope to see many more layouts in our gallery.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Leave a comment:

• jmh407
    replied
    Need a little help please

I'd like to post my version of the challange. Would someone please give me some directions? Thanks.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X