Weekly Challenge 56 ~ Hosted by Sacannon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekly Challenge 56 ~ Hosted by Sacannon

this weeks challenge is being run by Sue (Sacannon)

She has a gorgeous kit for you and a great challenge lined up .....take it away Sue

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
    , Check out my store
    Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Hi everyone,

Yep, you are stuck with me this week! Hope you enjoy the challenge.

My second hobby is Genealogy. It is actually my first by I got side tracked with scrapping LOL! Genealogy requires a lot of research, but it can be fun. So my challenge this week is to have everyone do a little research of their own. think of some one that you would like to know a little more about and do some research and scrap that person. This should be some one (in history) that is famous for something. (Samples: Artist, composer, Inventor, Scientist, King, Queen, President...It could be someone "Infamous" as well, but please keep it clean...LOL!

My Rules for the challenge are:

1. Do a layout on a Historic Person. This must be someone in history prior to 1900.

2. Download my kit and use at least 4 items from this kit. You may alter my items as necessary to match other items you choose to use.

3. You must Journalize at least two facts about this person but may use as many as you like.

4. If possible, try to use at least one photo or sketch of the person. If you can not find a usable (not copy righted) photo, try finding a photo of something they are famous for.

5. Post your layout to the gallery and to this thread.

Anyone willing to do this challenge will recieve another kit after the challenge is over.

Please remember to give credit to other items you use.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by sacannon; 02-16-2009, 09:56 AM.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

I have to do a little running today, but will be back later to check in.
      [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

Here is what I did with it. I also used Donna's (Autistic Wonders" Bent and folded Kit)
        https://www.scrapbookmax.com/digital...ed-SHAPES.html

Last edited by sacannon; 02-16-2009, 10:06 AM.
        [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

Oh boy! I LOVE genealogy but haven't had much time for it lately. So sad. I'll try to get something together for this.
          Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

Comment

wow looking forward to this, genealogy is one of my favourite pass time's....although I also have been side tracked by scrapping lol

My buddies are Angelwithin, omajo, babylicious36, all my memories. and Angle

Comment

Ohhh I know at least two I want to do, one I did my college research paper on but finding a photo will be impossible. I will still do the layout of this person and you will see why a picture is impossible. Getting to work right away!
              Thanks Sue!!

My buddies are Crops2Dawn and AutisticWonder

Comment

Thanks Sue it sounds like a lot of fun
                My Buddies are: Angelwithin, O2BNGdhope, Moonlight Pearl, Marion, , pkdoll, Smile, Eye, Oceania

Comment

You are welcome! Can't wait to see the layouts!
                  [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

My ancestors

Had fun doing this.Thank you so much for the Kit.Wow it is wicked.Just noticed the glow around her body.I see that sometimes on living people.Almost a feeling that her spirit has been caught.

Last edited by eye; 02-16-2009, 05:56 PM.
                    sigpic
                    My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Comment

Here is mine. I have always been fascinated with Jack the Ripper. All the experts have their own theories, with substantial ideas, but I think there just aren't enough pieces to the puzzle to ever come to a 100% conclusion as to who the cold blooded killer really was.

I did have to do a little editing to some of the embellishments I used, this kit was too pretty for the likes of Jack the Ripper, lol.

My buddies are Crops2Dawn and AutisticWonder

Comment

These are wonderful, and no problem Pick, maybe I should have just left the top of the newspaper blank. I can see why you wouldn't have a picture LOL!
                        [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by pickngrin View Post
                          Here is mine. I have always been fascinated with Jack the Ripper. All the experts have their own theories, with substantial ideas, but I think there just aren't enough pieces to the puzzle to ever come to a 100% conclusion as to who the cold blooded killer really was.

I did have to do a little editing to some of the embellishments I used, this kit was too pretty for the likes of Jack the Ripper, lol.

Oh this is so neat
                          sigpic
                          My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Comment

yay I got one done....this is Ned Kelly the leader of the notorious bushranges (Kelly Gang)...he is an Australian folk hero even though he robbed and murdered....go figure

My buddies are Angelwithin, omajo, babylicious36, all my memories. and Angle

Comment

Hi Sue I suppose this LO is fitting after nanwu's Ned Kelly aye

My Buddies are: Angelwithin, O2BNGdhope, Moonlight Pearl, Marion, , pkdoll, Smile, Eye, Oceania

Comment

Working...
                              X