No announcement yet.

October '09 Designer Challenge hosted by Donna Thomas/autisticwonder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since I am a fan of Halloween--LOVE IT. Great Job. Thank you!

Comment

• I'm BLOWN away by the work on this template!! You all did FANTASTIC jobs witht the templates!! Michelle..WILD girl..lOvE those spiders and how creative with the blood drop leaves!! and the notes on the pictures!! Oh..WOW!! Thanks SWEETIE!!

and NAnwu...WHEEEE HOO!! Love the bloody edge work and all the trees for brackets..Oh..I've got FUN GOOSEBUMPS!! LOVE it GIRL!! THanks so much!!

Sacannon....WOW..the picture is PERFECT with it!! Gives that EERIE but BEAUTIFUL effect!! Sooooo GLAD to have you back!!

Keep em coming..

Hint for the name of the RANDOM drawing winner..

It's a female! and has a country ring to her name...and has common chinese american name in her part of her name!! Any guesses??

Comment

• Week 3 Winners ANNOUNCED!!

Note from Max..
        Sounds good! - you can let them know that I will contact them within the next couple of days in their private message inboxes with instructions.

Drum roll..... ........ .........

Top Producer of the WEEK... No surprise but REALLY HaPpY for her.....

Nannybernie!!!!!

and our Random Drawing winner..that no one had time to guess at...

KimmyAnn!!!!!!!

Patience ladies..Look to your inboxes for instructions in the next few days!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Welcome to our HALL of FAME!!

Comment

• Whooohoooo!!! Thanks so very much

thanks so much. Well done to you donna for making such a great challenge, can't wait for the next one, October has been a fantastic month with the various challenges, keep 'em coming. Hint, I am getting all my Christmas lights prepared to do my yard again this year. Jingle Bells is fast approaching, should be interesting next couple of months to see what fantastic layouts and embies people will come up with. What an amazing group of people you all are, your diversity and creativity blows me away and inspires me to try different things. I love this community it is so encouraging and brings the very best out in people.
          All the best from Nanny Bernie.
          Friends with Wolvsie35, Carena, TheFreeSpirit, Omajo & Sylvia Esther

sigpic

Comment

• CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!

WOW, this challenge is FUN! I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with for the templates...I could get a HUGE set by the end of this week...
            *doing the happy dance*
            I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

Comment

• Nannybernie!! You worked hard to get what you got!! YOU are overall TOP producer right now!! That was hard to do!! Pat yourself on the back for contributing so much to that challenge!! Folks like you that make it work!!

Keep em comin!! Only one week left!!

Comment

• I used paper scrap and shape for tombstones. I am at my daughter's this week while they are in Vegas and only have the basic SBM v1 to work with. I have vista at home and it is taking me awhile to get used to windows again. I could load v2 since they have problems sometime putting programs on. I sure miss v2, especially when it comes making embellishments and fancy WA.

My friends are Smile, Kimmyann ,Marshalynn, wolvsie35 and Nicole

Comment

• I am sooo loving all these goodies, everyone! Wish I had my pictures downloaded onto the computer but (keep your fingers crossed) my daughter SHOULD be off this weekend so I won't have to watch all the grandkids and might find time to play! Wouldn't that be great?! LOL! If only I could do scrapbooking from work, then I'd have it made. But they don't look too kindly on that.....so I'm lost in Facebook land until the weekend. And Yes, Donna! I manage to pop in here once in a while but I hope to actually get a layout done soon! LOL!
                  Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

Comment

• OH..ValerieElaine!! You tickle my funny bone!! LOVE your cemetery!! It ROCKS!! and OB!! miss you!! but we have made progress with the GALLERies for ya!! LOL

Keep em comin...Love to see you Poppabob..show your thing..we have lots of newbies who don't know you and what great stuff you can do!! LOL..

HUGS all!!
                    donna

Comment

• Thanks Donna!!!! Love this Challenge!!! Congrats Nannybernie!!!!
                      Hugs!!

Comment

• Tip: Making a reflection using word art

OK folks, I think you're going to like this.

Say you've made some text and you decide you'd like to give it a reflection. So of course, you can do a copy, save it as a PNG then flip it. Job done. Only then its no longer editable as text. Try this:
                        • Open Caption properties, write your text, select font, colours or image etc and place on page.
                        • Resize if necessary.
                        • Bend and shape it however you wish.
                        • When you think its ready, click on it and copy (CTRL + C)
                        • Paste onto the page (CTRL + V)

Here's the fun part.
                        • With the copy selected, move it so that it is roughly under the first text leaving a gap between the bottom of one and the top of the other.
                        • Grab top left point (node) and drag down until it crosses the bottom left point.
                        • Grab top right point and drag down until it crosses the bottom right point..
                        • Grab top middle point and drag down until it crosses the bottom middle point.
                        • Now you have a reflection ready to shape.
                        • Remember that reflections are often distorted, so you can have some fun pulling it into exaggerated shapes, don't forget you can add extra points (CTRL + right click)
                        • You can also double click on it to change the density, I set transparency at 50 to get a nice watery effect. You could play about with the colours if you wanted to. I put a nice blurry shadow on mine to increase the watery effect (don't forget to de-select global before you say OK to your shadow).
                        • Remeber too that your text is still editable, just make sure that if you change the font of one, to do the other in the same font.

Now, wasn't that fun? sorry, I tend to get really excited when I find something interesting to share.
                        Attached Files
                        Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I will try again tomorrow.

I walk on a rainbow trail
                        I walk on a trail of song
                        And all around me is beauty ~ Navajo Song

Comment

• TheFreeSpirit: When you're in bendable mode you can also drag the top or bottom curve, if you left click and drag on the line itself. So you can move all three points down (for example) without having to drag them individually.

Once you have them arranged nicely, remember that in 2.0.2.0 or later you can select both objects and hold the shift key to resize them without changing their individual shapes.
                          Lorne ( )
                          Scrapbook MAX! Software Developer

Comment

• TheFreeSpirit: When you're in bendable mode you can also drag the top or bottom curve, if you left click and drag on the line itself. So you can move all three points down (for example) without having to drag them individually.
                            Oh how cool is that! Thank you thank you! I didn't know you could do that.

FS xx
                            Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I will try again tomorrow.

I walk on a rainbow trail
                            I walk on a trail of song
                            And all around me is beauty ~ Navajo Song

Comment

• GREAT tip FreeSpirt and Lorne!! We LOVE them!! Maximizes our MAX program!!

HAving internet difficulties today and have birthday to celebrate..hubby..so I'm not going to be back on till evening!!

Have a GREAT day..Keep those goodies, tips and tricks comin!!

AND DON't forget to comment in the Gallery for greater chances to WIN this week in participation Random Drawing!!

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/...y.php/cat/2770

Happy TGIF!!!

Comment

• Happy Birthday to your hubby, we are celebrating my Mother-in-laws birthday tonight as well!
                                [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

Working...
                                X