X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Groove
    started a topic The Groove January 2010 Monthly Freebie Challenge

The Groove January 2010 Monthly Freebie Challenge

Welcome to The Groove's Monthly Freebie Challenge!

Hello from The Groove, Scrapbook MAX!'s *free*monthly newsletter, and a very Happy New Year!

Each month, a featured designer offers a great freebie mini-kit and issues a challenge based on that kit.

All you need to do is download the freebie, create a layout that steps up to the challenge, upload it to the Groove Newsletter Challenges gallery and post a link to your layout in a reply to this thread!

Details about this month's freebie and challenge are below!

This month, designer Steve Russell has shared a gorgeous, golden kit for you to play with.

The challenge: Using as many items in this kit as you can, scrap a layout. Your page must include text that has the word "gold" in it (e.g. Like "Searching for a heart of gold"). Let your creativity "shine"!

Be sure to check out the January 2010 issue of The Groove. You'll find layouts made using Scrapbook MAX! 2.0, an overview of the new eraser tool, great kits for holiday scrapping, fun and inspiration, and more!

Happy Scrapping!
    from The Groove
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Karin; 01-01-2010, 02:19 PM.

• dustnicole
    replied
    Christmas Tree!

Here are my babies again! Little sister is eating big brother's creation!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• MeegsBeads
    replied
    i just found this thread before the month is up, been working on this today as it is one of the big "golden" memories of us becoming a family - me, my fiance and our 3 month old (at this time) daughter katie-anne. we used this photograph as our christmas cards for 2007.

Leave a comment:

• lmarmstrong
    replied
    January Challenge Entry

This kit was a perfect match for my daughter all dressed up for her Nutcracker performance. Here's the link to my page.

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=38083

Lucinda

Leave a comment:

• ksd_24_f
    replied
    My third attempt

Here's my third LO for this challenge. Better then the first two I think Scrapbooking takes practice! And I'm loving it.... my husband.... not so much! ha ha
    Last edited by ksd_24_f; 01-21-2010, 08:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• keide04
    replied
    I also am having trouble opening this. It send me to the internet to find the program to associate it to.

Leave a comment:

• O2BNGdHope
    replied
    Ok, Steve! I know how much you hate all that girly frufru! So here's a manly one for you with NO flowers! LOL! This is my uncle in his football uniform! I used the triple frame "scrunched up" to make the page border.

Leave a comment:

• CocoAngel
    replied
    Wow, this is just beautiful, thanks for sharing, Coco

Leave a comment:

• CocoAngel
    replied
    My Doggies name who went to Doggie Rainbow was also named Rocky, and what an Angel he
    was too... He was a Black Retriver mix. I sure miss him...You have a winner here, what you
    did with this challenge is just beautiful. Thanks for sharing. I am pretty new to Scrapbooking
    and I am surely enjoy what all these lovely talented ladies to. Angel hugs, Coco

Leave a comment:

• omajo
    replied
    Love all the layouts you all made, sorry been bit busy lately.
    Credits for this layout in the gallery

Leave a comment:

• makeyesup
    replied
    Thanks Steve, had fun with this one.

Golden Years
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• grannywin
    replied
    Here is my entry into this month's contest. I want to add the two shapes that I altered from Autistic Wonder and Sacannon with their permission. Both shapes were freebies posted by them, but I altered them a little to remove the outside edges. Thanks Russell for all the lovely gold stuff this month. I used your paper and the picture frame.

I am enjoying all the entries this month. Everyone has great ideas for using "GOLD".

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• PixyGirl
    replied

This is a train ride we took in Colorado this year - wonderful, scenic and relaxing. Thank you for the gold kit!
    Last edited by PixyGirl; 01-09-2010, 05:19 AM. Reason: Make larger pic

Leave a comment:

• memphisfran
    replied
    GOT ART! I got it now! Too funny!

MemphisFran aka dina

Originally posted by Gotart View Post
    I never saw it before until Crops pointed it out. So when I had a chance to change the lettering so it wasn't all capitals, I did it.. I can't stand poptarts. LOL.
    It snows like that & more every yr. Sometimes we can't even get up there in the winter..

Thi was in reply to Memphisfans comment. It did not except her comment when I entered this.

Leave a comment:

• ValerieElaine
    replied
    My second layout....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X