X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karin
    started a topic The Groove March 2010 Monthly Freebie Challenge

The Groove March 2010 Monthly Freebie Challenge

Welcome to The Groove's Monthly Freebie Challenge!

Hello from The Groove, Scrapbook MAX!'s *free* monthly newsletter!

Each month, a featured designer offers a great freebie mini-kit and issues a challenge based on that kit.

All you need to do is download the freebie, save it, and double-click on it to import the elements into Scrapbook MAX!. Then, create a layout that steps up to the challenge, upload it to the Groove Newsletter Challenges gallery and post a link to your layout in a reply to this thread!

Details about this month's freebie and challenge are below!

This month, designer Fiona Storey has shared a fresh, spring-y kit with lovely colors and very pretty embellishments.

Fiona's challenge:

Using at least 4 items from this kit (one item MUST be a butterfly or dragonfly) scrap a 'spring' layout. You may add other items from other kits but remember to give credit.

Your page must include text that has one of the following words on it: "Spring" ''Dragonfly'' or ''Butterfly'' (e.g. Like "Butterfly Dance" "Spring at Last" ). Let your creativity spring into life!

Be sure to check out the March 2010 issue of The Groove. You'll find layouts made by Scrapbook MAX! community members, a discount coupon code on featured kits, creative kits that use the "greens of March", and more!

Happy Scrapping!
    from The Groove
    Attached Files

• ValerieElaine
    replied
    Another layout for the challenge

Leave a comment:

• angelwithin
    replied
    wow linda great page, love the re-colouring

Leave a comment:

• lindaathome
    replied
    Spring Bouquet

I made this completely with the fabulous March Groove Kit. I tried to have a little fun with this one. I hope you all enjoy.

Leave a comment:

• angelwithin
    replied
    fabulous page linda

Leave a comment:

• lindaathome
    replied
    The Springtime of Their Youth

This is my latest entry in this wonderful Challenge.

I also used a frame from Austisticwonders Manly Frames Shapes kit. I had so much fun playing around with all of the new things I am learning. The dragonfly trails are from the Careree kit.

Leave a comment:

• angelwithin
    replied
    beautiful pages ladies

Leave a comment:

• dillie1
    replied
    Here is another layout I did with this beautiful mini Spring Kit and also added embies from Fiona's Eternally Spring Kit. Thanks again Fiona for this beautiful kit and challenge. Great Job on all the layouts, love how each and everyone turned out.

Leave a comment:

• snienow
    replied

WOW! This is too much fun! I also used the Country Rose Template and added the striped paper from Scrappin Challenge 12 to make the background.

Leave a comment:

• angelwithin
    replied
    wonderful pages everyone

Leave a comment:

• snienow
    replied
    Ok here is the thumbnail of my previous post. Thanks coloradomellis!
    Last edited by snienow; 03-20-2010, 08:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• coloradomellis
    replied
    snienow: go to the gallery and click on your photo, then copy the thumbnail link and post it in your message...then the thumbnail should appear here.

Leave a comment:

• coloradomellis
    replied
    Butterfly Wishes

This is my first time doing a page for the contest. Had a lot of fun! Created the background paper in Photoshop Elements 8; the rest is from the challenge kit.
    Last edited by coloradomellis; 03-19-2010, 10:11 PM. Reason: credits

Leave a comment:

• snienow
    replied
    http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/u26591-snienow.html

I hope I have posted this correctly. If not, can someone please help me? This is my first challenge. I had a lot of fun!
    Last edited by snienow; 03-19-2010, 09:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• makeyesup
    replied
    Can't believe that i got this month's done. There are so many awesome layouts, I felt guilty not doing one. Great job everyone.

Signs Of Spring
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X