X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karin
    started a topic The Groove April 2010 Monthly Freebie Challenge

The Groove April 2010 Monthly Freebie Challenge

Welcome to The Groove's Monthly Freebie Challenge!

Hello from The Groove, Scrapbook MAX!'s *free* monthly newsletter!

Each month, a featured designer offers a great freebie mini-kit and issues a challenge based on that kit.

All you need to do is download the freebie, save it, and double-click on it to import the elements into Scrapbook MAX!. Then, create a layout that steps up to the challenge, upload it to the Groove Newsletter Challenges gallery and post a link to your layout in a reply to this thread!

Details about this month's freebie and challenge are below!

This month, designer Deanne Gow-Smith has shared an elegant freebie that she is inviting you to have some "color fun" with!

Deanne’s Challenge:
    • Take the items in this kit and change the colours of everything (double-click on your item in the Scrapbook MAX! design space, click on the Advanced tab and use the adjust colour / hue settings in Scrapbook MAX! 2.0)
    • Make a color co-ordinated layout (with your new "colour scheme")
    • Be sure to re-colour your background image. Here's how:
    Import a background paper from this kit into the design space as a "Background". Double-click on the Background to call up its Settings. On the Settings dialog, keep Background Image selected, but at the same time choose a colour from the color selector. Then, use the transparency slider. Your chosen hue will shine through your background image! (click on the images attached to post #2 in this thread - the very next post - for a step-by-step tutorial)
    • Add text, making sure to use the colour blend or image/pattern buttons.

Be sure to check out the April 2010 issue of The Groove. You'll find heritage layouts made by Scrapbook MAX! community members, a discount coupon code on featured kits, **free Scrapbook MAX! banners and blinkies**, and learn all about the all-new Family Heritage Mega Expansion Pack for Scrapbook MAX! 2.0.

Happy Scrapping!
    from The Groove
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Karin; 04-01-2010, 05:25 PM.

• Moonbeam
    replied
    Faud, makeEyesup, and Lindaathome .... thanks for posting and joining in... and I love all the old photos too

Leave a comment:

• lindaathome
    replied
    Here's another using more elements from the full kit. Thanks Moonbeam for the kit. It is great.

My grandparents, with my Dad as a young baby and his three sisters. 1924.

Leave a comment:

• Daydreamer
    replied
    Fuad

Loved your colours makeyesup . . .
    Tanni love the way your pic fits between the 2 torn paper . . .

Here's another of our family oldies. . .

Leave a comment:

• MarthaT
    replied
    Super Cute!

Leave a comment:

• makeyesup
    replied
    Here's mine; This was fun, tried to use everything in the challenge kit.

Chicago Cousins 1940s

Leave a comment:

• Moonbeam
    replied
    LOve what you did with it Tanni!

and now!!!! I am posting a link to your reward evryone...............
    thanks for what youve done so far...
    The link here will allow you to download the full kit ( its a 42Mb kit)
    The kit is yours to keep.. but I am posting it early in the hopes that you might like to make something else from the full kit and post it here for the last week of the challenge.

click here to down load the KIT

Leave a comment:

• tanni
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MarthaT
    replied
    Love the cheesepiece story!

Leave a comment:

• Daydreamer
    replied
    Love all the new posts, and the cheesepiece story, too sweet . . .

Leave a comment:

• Moonbeam
    replied
    Absolutely and ditto... Love the wee story.
    My husband's parents were both from Scotland, but Ive never heard the "piece"expression... thank you for sharing that interesting bit of "culture"LOl
    and go ahead and do as many pages as you like.
    I am amazed at the way you stretched to Tag shape so wide and made it look like a poocket for the photo's - Great use of imagination.

Leave a comment:

• lindaathome
    replied
    Cheesepiece, Love the story about the meaning behind your name, love your page, and not to speak for Moonbeam or anyone else, but the more the merrier, keep em coming. We love as many as we can get. It's great to see all of the different ideas everyone has.

blessings

Leave a comment:

• cheesepiece
    replied

In Scotland we call sandwiches PIECES e.g. Am gonae have a piece oan Jam,Sausages,Tuna etc. Well... this is my Grandaughter Elise and she loves a piece on cheese, so we call her The Wee Cheesepiece. This is her in the pics at the park and on her bike...Isn't she a wee darling?

By the way I hope a second page is acceptale, and to Moonbeam..thats the story behind the name.
    Last edited by cheesepiece; 04-19-2010, 04:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Moonbeam
    replied
    Originally posted by mh51 View Post
    Hey Deanne (whisper)... Pelle is a fella!!! from Norway.

Ooops!!! so sorry Pelle... a thousand apologies...
    I get that alot ..my Name is Deanne the male version is Dean and often online people think I'm a guy.

So now I say... it's Great mate! ( hows that for an Australian term)

Leave a comment:

• mh51
    replied
    Originally posted by Moonbeam View Post
    Delete??? No way - it's a stunner girl .. lovely bright colour combo there!!
    Hey Deanne (whisper)... Pelle is a fella!!! from Norway.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X