X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Groove
    started a topic The Groove June 2010 Monthly Freebie Challenge

The Groove June 2010 Monthly Freebie Challenge

Welcome to The Groove's Monthly Freebie Challenge!

Hello from The Groove, Scrapbook MAX!'s *free* monthly newsletter!

Each month, a featured designer offers a great freebie mini-kit and issues a challenge based on that kit.

All you need to do is download the freebie, save it, and double-click on it to import the elements into Scrapbook MAX!. Then, create a layout that steps up to the challenge, upload it to the Groove Newsletter Challenges gallery and post a link to your layout in a reply to this thread!

Details about this month's freebie and challenge are below!

This month, designer Monja Wessel has shared a sweet, elegant freebie that she is inviting you to have some fun with!

The Challenge:

This month's freebie includes a stunning background paper and a lovely wreath frame embellishment. Using both of these items, frame something special to you: it can be a person, a place, even a recipe, that part's up to you!.

Be sure to include journal text explaining why the person, place or thing has a special place in your heart. Go ahead and add other embellishments and papers, and re-color if you wish!

NOTE: The background will import to Page >Settings in Scrapbook MAX!. Go there, then click on Background Image and Select to navigate to the freebie background folder. Embellishment will import to Object > Embellishment.

Be sure to check out the June 2010 issue of The Groove. You'll find exciting travel layouts made by Scrapbook MAX! community members, a discount coupon code on featured kits, PLUS all the details about an extended 40% off sale on Last Chance items in the store (ends June 6, 2010 - so please hurry!!)
    Attached Files

• lindaathome
    replied
    Gorgeous LO PixiyGirl Love it.

Leave a comment:

• memphisfran
    replied
    Such a sweetie ... sorry to hear about her Dad. This really special. (I'm a special education teacher!)

Leave a comment:

• memphisfran
    replied
    Where do you live? I want to visit there! Looks just gorgeous! I visited a place like this outside New Orleans in December they have a swamp out back of theirs though. In the warmer weather they say you can see the gators... YIKES!

Leave a comment:

• Daydreamer
    replied
    WOW PixyGirl, your layout is stunning!!! Absolutely beautiful!!

Leave a comment:

• PixyGirl
    replied

Thank you for the pretty background and embellishment kit!

Leave a comment:

• peachsac
    replied
    Love the double frame, very good idea!

Leave a comment:

• Mistica
    replied
    just got a minute to jump in and have a look at all your gorgous layouts!!!! THANKS a lot anyone for participating!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Kimmyann
    replied
    Too Cute Dillie!!!!

Leave a comment:

• dillie1
    replied
    My Liittle Punkin--thank you so much for this beautiful mini kit.

Leave a comment:

• cheesepiece
    replied
    Here is my entry.

Lovely paper and frame. I also used mh51's scroll, the rose pin from nanniebernie's Just Some Pins and the leaves are fom carena's Jan 10 challenge,
    all beautiful and perfect for my page.

The images are Loch Awe and Kilchurn Castle, one of a few Castles on Islands around Loch Awe, the 3rd largest Loch in our beautiful Scotland, also know as The Jewel Of Argyll.

My Father was a Coalminer all his life. Every year for three weeks his escape from the coaldust would be to fish Lochs all over Scotland. This is one of many. He was an avid fisherman and loved this place.

Leave a comment:

• Kimmyann
    replied
    Here is My LO...

[IMG][/IMG]

Leave a comment:

• Daydreamer
    replied
    Kelly . . . I agree, family are true treasures. . . What a stunning pic and Layout!!

Makeyesup, awesome LO too . . . Love how you journalled in your frame . . .

Scrappyaggie48, I love how you played with the frames . . . & Delia looks like she's quite the little charmer!!

Leave a comment:

• makeyesup
    replied
    Here's mine, the 2 special people in my life. Great layouts everyone.

Protect And Guide
    Attached Files
    Last edited by makeyesup; 06-03-2010, 05:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ksd_24_f
    replied
    Here's my entry for the challenge. I 'tweaked' the frame a bit - hope that's o.k
    Thanks for the freebies!

Kelly

Leave a comment:

Working...
X