X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Groove
    started a topic The Groove July 2010 Monthly Freebie Challenge

The Groove July 2010 Monthly Freebie Challenge

Welcome to The Groove's Monthly Freebie Challenge!

Hello from The Groove, Scrapbook MAX!'s *free* monthly newsletter!

Each month, a featured designer offers a great freebie mini-kit and issues a challenge based on that kit.

All you need to do is download the freebie, save it, and double-click on it to import the elements into Scrapbook MAX!. Then, create a layout that steps up to the challenge, upload it to the Groove Newsletter Challenges gallery and post a link to your layout in a reply to this thread!

Details about this month's freebie and challenge are below!

This month, designer Deanne Gow-Smith has shared an adorable freebie kit that she is inviting you to "crop creatively" and make a layout!

The Challenge:

Here's Deanne's challenge:

Experiment with cropping embellishments!

* No embellishment is to be used "Whole"
    * "Crop" your embellishments and use them in a layout in their cropped form.

NOTE: The backgrounds will import to Page >Settings in Scrapbook MAX!. Go there, then click on Background Image and Select to navigate to the freebie background folder. Embellishments will import to Object > Embellishments.

Be sure to check out the July 2010 issue of The Groove. You'll find "musical layouts" made by Scrapbook MAX! community members, a discount coupon code on featured kits, and of course - scrapbook inspiration!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Karin; 07-01-2010, 09:47 AM.

• Moonbeam
    replied
    all entries in the challenge have been soooo good this month.. well done all you little scrap happy chappies

Leave a comment:

• lindaathome
    replied
    I decided to do another one for Ella's 2nd birthday. I used Max Shapes to make the window frame and the paper scrap border. I also used the Challenge Kit preview JPEG as the background paper, tiled, and used it again to make the windowed frame.

Thanks for the fun and wonderful Challenge and kits Moonbeam.
    Last edited by lindaathome; 07-24-2010, 05:59 PM. Reason: Typing corrections

Leave a comment:

• Moonbeam
    replied
    Originally posted by KapiColors View Post
    Hello!

Done.
    See http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/...-hello-21.html

I hope my understanding was correct... I'm French :-) First challenge here.
    Oui, votre raison de votre compréhension. Vous avez fait un travail greay trop. Une belle page.Thank vous pour posting.Hope de vous voir peut-être plus challenges. Deanne ( hope that makes sense)

Leave a comment:

• KapiScrap
    replied
    Hello!

Done.
    See http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/...-hello-21.html

I hope my understanding was correct... I'm French :-) First challenge here.

Leave a comment:

• PixyGirl
    replied

I uploaded the files 3 times - included both file uploads and never could find the background paper, so I used CraftyScraps paper since it was very close to the colors in the kit. My friend is soon to be 40!

Leave a comment:

• Moonbeam
    replied
    thanks Wolvsie,... and Make Eyes up.. that a cool layout girl! well done

Leave a comment:

• Moonbeam
    replied
    Originally posted by jlgarrison5 View Post
    This is adorable, but when I downloaded it, it won't let me open it. What program did you use?
    I used Scrapbook Max.... No one else has had any probs opening it? Not sure WHY you would have that problem sorry.. maybe try again.

Leave a comment:

• wolvsie35
    replied
    Wonderful challenge Moon....and such lovely pages too...Wow, everyone is on a roll...

I love what you said about the kit self destructing if not in use...LOL...too funny...I wish more who download the freebies would get involved too...Hmmmm...We will come up with something...<wink>

Leave a comment:

• lindaathome
    replied
    Adorable Makeyesup. Very creative and cute.

Leave a comment:

• makeyesup
    replied
    Here's mine:

Tongue Tied

Leave a comment:

• jlgarrison5
    replied
    This is adorable, but when I downloaded it, it won't let me open it. What program did you use?

Leave a comment:

• Marion
    replied
    Here is mine. I used only 1 emby cropped over and over again.

Leave a comment:

• makeyesup
    replied
    Such great layouts here, have to get going myself.

Leave a comment:

• Moonbeam
    replied
    Wow they're coming thick and fast now.. thank you all for joining in.. this is fun. Thats is amazing the way you used the little block like that....
    These are all so good!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X