X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karin
    started a topic The Groove January 2011 Freebie Challenge

The Groove January 2011 Freebie Challenge

Welcome to The Groove's Monthly Freebie Challenge!

Happy New Year from The Groove, Scrapbook MAX!'s *free* monthly newsletter!

Each month, a featured designer offers a great freebie mini-kit and issues a challenge based on that kit.

All you need to do is download the freebie to make your challenge pages. Then, create a layout (or layouts) that steps up to the challenge, upload it to the Groove Newsletter Challenges gallery and post a link to your layout in a reply to this thread.

Details about this month's freebie and challenge are below.

This month, designer Fiona Storey has shared a breathtakingly elegant Victorian-themed mini-kit for you to scrap with. Simply click on the file named Victorian-Rose-Mini-Kit-by-Fiona-Storey.smb - you'll find it below under Attached Files. Download and save, then double-click on the saved file to import it into Scrapbook MAX!. You'll find the kit's items under Object> Embellishment, Object> Paper Scrap, and under Page> Settings by choosing Background Image and Select Background.

The Challenge:

Using at least three (3) items from the freebie kit, make a page that honours a friend or person you admire.

Be sure to check out the January 2011 issue of The Groove. You'll find layouts that reflect on Christmas (just) past, and a fabulous discount on the all-new Christmas Wishes Expansion Pack for Scrapbook MAX! 2.0!
    Attached Files

• angelwithin
    replied
    great page Edina

well done everyone your pages were wonderful and a credit to your talents

Leave a comment:

• Edina
    replied
    Here's mine!
    This is for my Mum. She's pictured here with my daugher Addie. I'm not big on adding text - but I think the photo shows the love that's inside my Mum!

I really enjoyed everyones layouts. And thanks for the great mini-kit!

Leave a comment:

• angelwithin
    replied
    beautiful page pixigirl

Leave a comment:

• PixyGirl
    replied

Thank you for the beautiful kit! This is a picture of my Great Grandmother and I. Unfortunately, I never knew her.

Leave a comment:

• lindaathome
    replied
    WOW these pages are ALL just so awesome. It is great to see some new names in here as well. Welcome. Fiona, you have put together a special kit here. It is loveley.

Leave a comment:

• angelwithin
    replied
    wonderful page Nic, hope you, your family & friends are safe and away from harm xxx

Leave a comment:

• Nic3
    replied
    January Challenge

It is flooding here in St George, Qld, Australia and trying to keep our spirits high with scrapbooking!!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Daydreamer
    replied
    Thanks Guys . . . Really love your layouts and journalling Dawn & Lemonade!! Very touching!

Leave a comment:

• angelwithin
    replied
    great pages lemonade & dawn, love the different ways all these pages are laid out

Leave a comment:

• dawn1565
    replied
    January Challenge

I chose my Grandparents as my inspiration. They couldn't have children so they opened up their home to many foster children and adopted 6. In the early 1950s a farm couple, they adopted multiracial children and those no one wanted. They taught me about love and acceptance. They both passed away a year and a day apart from each other. Just short of their 55th anniversary.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Karin
    replied
    What absolutely beautiful entries this month! And a great kit to scrap with, too - (thanks, Fiona!). I love checking in to see what has been added, and the journal entries are all so moving. Wonderful!

Karin

Leave a comment:

• lemonade6363
    replied
    Jan 11 Groove

Here is my contribution to this month's challenge. The kit is beautiful and I always love seeing all the awesome ways that one small kit can look so different.

Last edited by lemonade6363; 01-11-2011, 02:11 PM. Reason: wrong code

Leave a comment:

• angelwithin
    replied
    Brlliant page tin tin

Leave a comment:

• angelwithin
    replied
    beautiful page daydreamer

Leave a comment:

Working...
X