X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• obama549
    replied
    Originally posted by Carena View Post
    Both wonderful layouts. Totally awesome.
    Kelly - seems you have mastered the technique already - WOW fast you are. I hope to see it used often in your layouts. And yes - I'd say your layout has the WOW factor.

Mary - Love the quote - really is so special - beautiful job on your page. As for the rules - don't worry they are just a guideline but you've done just fine with them anyway. Lovely lace shape you have used. Super cluster and great job all round . Well done. Thanks for joining in the fun.
    Kelly you posted while I was typing. My daughter is Caitlyn also - just spelt different. They look to be about the same age. 8 years mine and she keeps me on my toes. LOL.
    Another wonderful page and great shape used for the photo.

Leave a comment:

• ksd_24_f
    replied
    k' seriously cool!!!!! I love what you've done with the shapes! That's amazing, really!! These LO's are sooo stunning girls!! WOW!!

Leave a comment:

• Gotart
    replied
    Little Beauty

Here is mine..
    Fun challenge . I made a mask with the elements.. Hope I can load it..
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Carena
    replied
    and another one - Kit: New year Resolutions.
    Ok I give up now - here it is 11.35 am my time and as yet not had breakfast and my stomach is growling load enough that you probably can hear it. LOL. Hugs

Leave a comment:

• Carena
    replied
    Ok I'm back with the next one - Same shapes used as above but this time Kit: Loving Rose by Carena's Designs - and yes I cheated a little with this one and used elements from Loving Rose Clusters Packs 1 and 2. WELL - that's what clusters are for - when you are in a hurry and need something quick. LOL

Not bad - done this since my previous post - uploaded to gallery and type all this in How many minutes. This shows you just how quick and easy shapes are to use when you get used to doing it. Hopefully you can see how versatile they are also and how they can give you a totally different look in just minutes.
    I did just edit my previous page and change the papers around - so it wasn't made totally from scratch.
    I also darkened the same light pink paper for the corners - as it wasn't giving me enough of a contrast to the papers in the background.
    Last edited by Carena; 04-06-2011, 05:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Carena
    replied
    Shapes Tutorial Ideas and How to use them

Diane has asked me to show her some of my latest pack of shapes in operation so here they are. I have another pack soon to be in store also - I used the lace shape in the top left corner in these examples.
    Now I've used the Use It All Mini kit to demonstrate and if you wish - you can all have a go yourself and see what you can come up with.

Here is my layout

and now here is the layout without all the extras and shows just the layout using the shapes. Thought this might give you a clearer overview of what I've done with the shapes.
    The darker shape top left - I still used the same paper as the green one but darkened it as I wanted it to look a little different.
    Shapes also used in the corners to look like photo corner pieces. Neat trick isn't it?
    Remember to use shadows with your shapes or they will blend into the paper - unless of course you want them to do this - to make a unique looking paper.
    As you can see - I've used just 1 paper shapes page starter and 3 shapes.

My layout at first glance might look very complicated but isn't as complicated as you think. What I like about using shapes with kits is that you can make your layout very unique to yourself.
    The shapes give you a HUGE VARIETY of Options to use and combine with a kit of maybe 8 papers and lets say 40 elements can then turn into a kit that you can use with thousands of possibilities way beyond the 9 papers and 40 elements purchased in the kit or any Scrapbook Max Template purchased.
    Take the time to study these examples - I'm sure you will see the possibilities and a lot of new doors and ideas open up before your very eyes.
    I will see what I can come up to show you the exact same layout but this time using a different kit. Be back with that soon. Hugs

Leave a comment:

• Carena
    replied
    Originally posted by grannywin View Post
    Glad to have you designing challenges again, Carena. I always loved your work. Everything got used as requested. I did make a few minor twicks by changing the color of the frame and darkening the print overlay. Thanks to Suecannon for the diamond glass shape she designed a while ago. I really like its effect.
    Oh thank you so much. Beautiful page. Left comment already in gallery. You managed the photo overlay so beautifully - This has the WOW factor - great work.

Leave a comment:

• grannywin
    replied

Glad to have you designing challenges again, Carena. I always loved your work. Everything got used as requested. I did make a few minor twicks by changing the color of the frame and darkening the print overlay. Thanks to Suecannon for the diamond glass shape she designed a while ago. I really like its effect.

Leave a comment:

• JustBnSharon
    replied
    Here's mine -
    Heritage

Leave a comment:

• Carena
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFreeSpirit View Post
    Hi guys
    This is the first challenge I've done for ages, but it really helped me to take my mind off stuff (tell y'all later, bad stuff going on).
    What a gorgeous mini kit this is, and isn't the photo overlay fun?
    I used all the items in the kit and the rose I used twice.
    Carena I know you said not to try a photo overlay on the darker background but I thought I'd give it a try and I really love it!
    I filled my alphabet shapes with the other paper.
    I distressed the top rose with the eraser (I love using that tool!) and made it transparent to merge it in with the background.
    Blessings - FS xx
    Actually - I really love the photo overlay on the darker paper on this. It really works well - Sometimes it just depends on the tones of the photo. Beautiful layout. Sorry to hear things in life aren't generally going OK for you. Hope it sorts itself out soon for you, but scrapping can be great therapy and a place to escape.

Diane - beautiful page. Re: you question on my layout - Will do example of page starters and general shapes together sometime today hopefully. I know you've been studying layouts closely lately to see how things are done. Hugs

Leave a comment:

• SBM Diane
    replied
    Beautiful mini Carena and Monja and beautiful layouts everyone! Here is mine.

Leave a comment:

• TheFreeSpirit
    replied
    Hi guys

This is the first challenge I've done for ages, but it really helped me to take my mind off stuff (tell y'all later, bad stuff going on).

What a gorgeous mini kit this is, and isn't the photo overlay fun?

Here's my attempt:

I used all the items in the kit and the rose I used twice.

Carena I know you said not to try a photo overlay on the darker background but I thought I'd give it a try and I really love it!

I filled my alphabet shapes with the other paper.

I distressed the top rose with the eraser (I love using that tool!) and made it transparent to merge it in with the background.

Blessings - FS xx
    Last edited by TheFreeSpirit; 04-06-2011, 07:28 AM. Reason: Trouble with upload

Leave a comment:

• charliesnana
    replied
    Here is mine ... Lexi

Leave a comment:

• TheFreeSpirit
    replied
    My only complaint about doing it this way, is that when I want to change an element, say erase part of it or make it into a different shape, then I have to click on either the paper icon or the photo icon and use the browse button to find it in C:/my documents etc...
    I usually keep explorer open on the folders I am working with so that I can just drag elements on and off my layout. I am using two monitors which makes it super easy, but even when I am working on my netbook, I keep the necessary explorer folders open and just click on the tab at the bottom of the page when I need to access a file.

Blessings - FS xx
    Last edited by TheFreeSpirit; 04-06-2011, 04:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

• nanwu
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X