Here's mine -
    Heritage
    Sharon

aka JustbnSharon

Comment

• grannywin
      Layout Whiz
      • Sep 2006

Glad to have you designing challenges again, Carena. I always loved your work. Everything got used as requested. I did make a few minor twicks by changing the color of the frame and darkening the print overlay. Thanks to Suecannon for the diamond glass shape she designed a while ago. I really like its effect.

Comment

• Carena
        Digi Sage
        • Jun 2007

Originally posted by grannywin View Post
        Glad to have you designing challenges again, Carena. I always loved your work. Everything got used as requested. I did make a few minor twicks by changing the color of the frame and darkening the print overlay. Thanks to Suecannon for the diamond glass shape she designed a while ago. I really like its effect.
        Oh thank you so much. Beautiful page. Left comment already in gallery. You managed the photo overlay so beautifully - This has the WOW factor - great work.
        Kind wishes from Carena
        Scrapbook Max Digital Designer
        Visit me in the store Here also grab my blinkie if you wish.

Comment

• Carena
          Digi Sage
          • Jun 2007

Shapes Tutorial Ideas and How to use them

Diane has asked me to show her some of my latest pack of shapes in operation so here they are. I have another pack soon to be in store also - I used the lace shape in the top left corner in these examples.
          Now I've used the Use It All Mini kit to demonstrate and if you wish - you can all have a go yourself and see what you can come up with.

Here is my layout

and now here is the layout without all the extras and shows just the layout using the shapes. Thought this might give you a clearer overview of what I've done with the shapes.
          The darker shape top left - I still used the same paper as the green one but darkened it as I wanted it to look a little different.
          Shapes also used in the corners to look like photo corner pieces. Neat trick isn't it?
          Remember to use shadows with your shapes or they will blend into the paper - unless of course you want them to do this - to make a unique looking paper.
          As you can see - I've used just 1 paper shapes page starter and 3 shapes.

My layout at first glance might look very complicated but isn't as complicated as you think. What I like about using shapes with kits is that you can make your layout very unique to yourself.
          The shapes give you a HUGE VARIETY of Options to use and combine with a kit of maybe 8 papers and lets say 40 elements can then turn into a kit that you can use with thousands of possibilities way beyond the 9 papers and 40 elements purchased in the kit or any Scrapbook Max Template purchased.
          Take the time to study these examples - I'm sure you will see the possibilities and a lot of new doors and ideas open up before your very eyes.
          I will see what I can come up to show you the exact same layout but this time using a different kit. Be back with that soon. Hugs

Kind wishes from Carena

Comment

• Carena
            Digi Sage
            • Jun 2007

Ok I'm back with the next one - Same shapes used as above but this time Kit: Loving Rose by Carena's Designs - and yes I cheated a little with this one and used elements from Loving Rose Clusters Packs 1 and 2. WELL - that's what clusters are for - when you are in a hurry and need something quick. LOL

Not bad - done this since my previous post - uploaded to gallery and type all this in How many minutes. This shows you just how quick and easy shapes are to use when you get used to doing it. Hopefully you can see how versatile they are also and how they can give you a totally different look in just minutes.
            I did just edit my previous page and change the papers around - so it wasn't made totally from scratch.
            I also darkened the same light pink paper for the corners - as it wasn't giving me enough of a contrast to the papers in the background.
            Last edited by Carena; 04-06-2011, 05:26 PM.
            Kind wishes from Carena

Comment

• Carena
              Digi Sage
              • Jun 2007

and another one - Kit: New year Resolutions.
              Ok I give up now - here it is 11.35 am my time and as yet not had breakfast and my stomach is growling load enough that you probably can hear it. LOL. Hugs
              Kind wishes from Carena

Comment

• Gotart
                Mad Scrapper
                • Nov 2006

Little Beauty

Here is mine..
                Fun challenge . I made a mask with the elements.. Hope I can load it..
                Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

• ksd_24_f
                  Layout Whiz
                  • Nov 2009

k' seriously cool!!!!! I love what you've done with the shapes! That's amazing, really!! These LO's are sooo stunning girls!! WOW!!

Comment

• obama549
                    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Carena View Post
                    Both wonderful layouts. Totally awesome.
                    Kelly - seems you have mastered the technique already - WOW fast you are. I hope to see it used often in your layouts. And yes - I'd say your layout has the WOW factor.

Mary - Love the quote - really is so special - beautiful job on your page. As for the rules - don't worry they are just a guideline but you've done just fine with them anyway. Lovely lace shape you have used. Super cluster and great job all round . Well done. Thanks for joining in the fun.
                    Kelly you posted while I was typing. My daughter is Caitlyn also - just spelt different. They look to be about the same age. 8 years mine and she keeps me on my toes. LOL.
                    Another wonderful page and great shape used for the photo.

Comment

• TheFreeSpirit
                      Layout Whiz
                      • Jan 2008

No photo overlay on this one.

The double photo frame show my mother on the left and my mother-in-law on the right. Beautiful ladies, wonderful mums.

The quote says:

The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness.
                      -- Honoré de Balzac

Blessings - FS xx
                      Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I will try again tomorrow.

I walk on a rainbow trail
                      I walk on a trail of song
                      And all around me is beauty ~ Navajo Song

Comment

• Carena
                        Digi Sage
                        • Jun 2007

Beautiful layout - Just looking at the photos and already commented about the hair in the gallery but just now also really noticed the beautiful tailored clothes. Love these old photos - so regal and formal - just love them
                        Kind wishes from Carena

Comment

• tin tin
                          Digi Sage
                          • Oct 2010

With just a little extra time I managed to pull something beautiful together. Carena your beautiful pieces definately helped that. Thank you. Great addition to my scraps.

This is my neighbours 2 week old baby boy.
                          Somewhere in all the madness lies the beauty within

Comment

• dillie1
                            Layout Whiz
                            • Aug 2009

Thank you Carena for this awesome kit and wonderful challenge!!

Comment

• tin tin
                              Digi Sage
                              • Oct 2010

Wow Dillie - I love your layout. Gorgeous!!!! Next scrplift challenge...I know where I am going
                              Somewhere in all the madness lies the beauty within

Comment

• dillie1
                                Layout Whiz
                                • Aug 2009

Originally posted by tin tin View Post
                                Wow Dillie - I love your layout. Gorgeous!!!! Next scrplift challenge...I know where I am going
                                Thank you TinTin. I also love your page, the beautiful soft blending and the nice clustering in the corner. Ladies you have all done a spectacular job on this challenge. Awesome pages!!

Comment

Working...
                                X