X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wolvsie35
    started a topic Scrappin' Challenge 46

Scrappin' Challenge 46

Sorry I am a little late...But Monday isn't over yet (for me anyways...lol), so here is this week's challenge...We are going to make our layouts based on a certain color scheme...

Here is the palette you are allowed to use...

But that's not all...You need to download these shapes, and use at least two of these shapes in your layout as well....

At the end of this post is a download for the .png files or the SBM file....

So here is what you need to do....
    *Make a layout only using the colors of the swatch (right click it and save as)
    *Download the shape file and use AT LEAST 2 of the shapes in your layout...
    *Only use items from this community, either purchased or free.
    *Upload your layout to the Deisgner's Challenge catagory in our gallery then upload it here...

At the end of the month, I will be handing out my new shapes kit to everyone who participates...Another set of 100 misc shapes....Can never have enough shapes....can't wait to see what you all come up with...((HUGS))
    Attached Files

• Letha
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ValerieElaine
    replied
    I know that i am too late with this but I had to try the challenge.

Leave a comment:

• wolvsie35
    replied
    Pretty page Edina....Lovely colors...

Leave a comment:

• Edina
    replied
    Great shapes to work with Michelle! Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• dillie1
    replied
    Got 'em, thanks again Michelle...Thank you so much for all you do!!!

Leave a comment:

• wolvsie35
    replied
    There has been a shape correction on numbers, 16, 61 and 62....in the free set I set to all you participants....if you go back to the link I gave you, they will be in there as individual files...ok...sorry for the problem...

Leave a comment:

• wolvsie35
    replied
    All I can say is WOWIE! You guys have rocked this challenge....Your layouts are stunning! Loved the layering, etc...Well done ladies! and Dillie, there is no such thing as "taking away" from my challenge....Helping others learn how to do more things, or finding an easier way to do something is what thesee challenges are all about anyways....and just FYI, I do the same thing for the different colors for one embie...
    I will be sending out prizes and flairs pretty soon...Just waiting to make sure all the shapes in the set work with SBM...
    and the mother's shape is attached here, and is fixed to use...Just so you know, it is in the free 100 shapes set you will be receiving...I apologize for the mishap...I do make mistakes from time to time...lol...((HUGS)) and thanks for joining in...

Remember, there is no new challenge tomorrow because the Groove Challenge opens today...Which by the way, I am hosting...<wink> and trust me, you will want to get in it...I switched things around some...lol...You know me...hehe...
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• makeyesup
    replied
    Had fun being a little crazy with the colors.

Red, white, tan, striped, and purple papers used for background, butterfiles, alphas and flower scroll made by myself. From Michelle McCoys kits, Cat, doodle, color filled, ribbon from 201101 Challenge, flower from Mother Son kit, Bubbles from SummerChirp kit and button from Zoo Babies kit.

Giggle Giggle

Leave a comment:

• dillie1
    replied
    Thanks Kel--this one I discovered by accident. But to tell you the truth I never used the eraser, I will have to try that.
    Sorry Michelle, hope this isn't taking away from your challenge

1) I use the photo insert from page 2 of the Garden Path, but any insert that has a soft edge will do.
    2) Copy and paste the insert to the page your are working on and bring in your photo
    3) Now you might have to open the crop and readjust your photo
    4) I then use the transparency bar to adjust the photo--it's how you want it to look
    5) You will see lines around your edges of the photo you are working, if you don't want them, just save this as a PNG file to your desk top or wherever you want to save it.
    6) Go to your change picture and bring in your PNG. This will erase the lines that you may have and give you a nice clean look around the photo
    7) That's it, happy scrapping. Let me know if you have any questions.

As always, I may take the long way around, so if anyone has a different way of blending, let us know.

Leave a comment:

• ksd_24_f
    replied
    I do it the same way Dillie! Don't think there's a short cut.
    My God, you've got your blending down to a fine art!!! How do you get such soft edges around the outter picture like that? Is it the Transparency bar that you play with on the eraser tool or the softness bar? When I'm blending, I put my eraser to a circle shape, put it to it's softest and then somewhere in the middle for transparency, but it never comes out as good as this... maybe it's the shape of the photo you used?? Again.. like Tina said 'please share your secrets' LOL

Leave a comment:

• dillie1
    replied
    Originally posted by tin tin View Post
    Hey Dillie - as usual, one of my favs.....here is my question though - How do you get different colour in one embie...when I use the dropper, it colours the whole thing. Share your secrets!!!
    Thanks TinTin!!

Now I probably do it the long way, so if some else has any ideas please share. But what I do:
    1) make two copies of the same embie
    2) then color both with different colors
    3) overlay each of the embies
    4) click on the top embie and erase what you don't want, for example in the butterfly I erased half of the butterfly
    5) Make sure everything is lined up so I don't see any color from the bottom element, if I do, I just
    erase the opposite side of the bottom embie.
    7) Sometimes if you use shadows, then I might turn off the top layer shadow, like I did in the butterflies. However the flower I kept the shadow on both layers.
    6) line them up and you have a two toned element.

I hope I explained it OK, if not please ask.

Thanks again Tin Tin! Have a great weekend!
    Last edited by dillie1; 04-29-2011, 04:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• tin tin
    replied
    Hey Dillie - as usual, one of my favs.....here is my question though - How do you get different colour in one embie...when I use the dropper, it colours the whole thing. Share your secrets!!!

Leave a comment:

• dillie1
    replied
    Fantastic and fabulous pages everyone!!! Thanks Michelle for this wonderful challenge. Credits are in the gallery!

Leave a comment:

• lindaathome
    replied
    Here's mine. I think I kept this one pretty simple.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X