X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Moonbeam
    • Mar 2006

Moonbeam's Mid Month Challenge -MARCH 2012

Hi all, this months challenge is 1 day early starting... but I will have to finish it a wee bit early too because I wont be here at the very end of the month - so around the 28th - in 2 weeks time it will finish...
    Thanks in advance to all who join in!

DOWNLOAD THE ZIP FILE AND SAVE IT SOMEWHERE THAT YOU KNOW WHERE TO FIND IT -so you can import your texture choice INTO MAX.
    Download the embellishment shape kit (which will auto install into Max software)

The Challenge for march is an easy and a fun one.
    There may be some new ones that don't realize you can do this.
    I KNOW some of you have done this before - I saw some recent posts where you did this but let's see how inventive you can get with this.
    Sandrine had a recent Challenge about using shapes for photos so this is an extension of the photo shape feature BUT using it ONLY on embellishments for this challenge

THE CHALLENGE IS:
    1. MAKE/SHAPE YOUR OWN EMBELLISHMENTS
    2. MAKE YOUR OWN "BACKGROUND PAPER"
    FIRST:
    • DO NOT use a BG Paper!
    • Start with just choosing just a plain color for your BG
    • then add as many or few of the shapes from my kit as you choose- this time using the embellishment button
    • Recolor them to slightly different shades and transparencies to make it all look like a BG paper
    .................................................. .................................................. ........................................

NEXT!!!
    • For the embellishment You will use the add a photo to the page button
      DO NOT bring in a photo though.. Instead IMPORT a file /image like a Background texture you have or one from the zip file you saved... Bring it in via the photo button ( not via the usual embellishment button)
      ***You can navigate OUT of Scrapbook Max Program to the folder where you saved my textures or use any of your own.

1. WHY use the photo button??? Because then you can use the custom shape which appears for photo shapes only and select a shape for your paper that you bring in
    +++++USE the shaped embie in your layout ... Use more than 1 if you want.

Also experiment with the invert shape button

*******The exercise is to learn that you can import other images via the photo button and therefore use the fancy shapes as embellishments and INVERT them to get a different shape.

NOTE*******Although you will access the shapes in this kit via PHOTO button ( Custom shapes)Most of the shapes in the kit I have created are not really suitable for PHOTO's as shapes but great for embellishments.
    If you wish you can use any photo shapes you already have .

RULES:
    Import something (e.g.Background texture) you can use as an embellishment via the add PHOTO to page button
    Shape it using the custom Shapes
    Use also the invert shape button as well
    Decorate your page
    Use the Background you have created
    DO NOT use shapes on PHOTOS -Square or rectangle photos only for this challenge

I will upload a zip file kit with textures in it for you to use and a kit to install in max full of all sorts of shapes for you...please note! the smb kit that will instal automatically into your software has the shapes in BOTH the embellishment section and the photo hsape section so you can use them via embellishment button for doing the shapes on your background and also import them via the photo buttton for making embellishments withn textures.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Moonbeam; 03-13-2012, 10:23 PM.
  • Moonbeam
    • Mar 2006

Comment

• Moonbeam
      • Mar 2006

Last edited by Moonbeam; 03-13-2012, 10:53 PM.

Comment

• lindadb
        • Nov 2011

Challenges

This was a fun challenge. Thanks for helping me to expand my creativity.

Linda

http://

Comment

• Saviscrap
          • Nov 2011

Nice job Linda

Okay, i think I got it all right.

I made a bg paper using shapes.
          I used the paper scraps and made a some embies. I used some of Moonbeams and some of my own, all the flowers and leafy things are shapes, even the wording is a shape.

Good challenge Dee it was fun!

Comment

• Moonbeam
            • Mar 2006

great job both of you.. I can see the shapes you used to make your BG "paper"... you both got it right... I thought my explanation it self was a challenge lol

Comment

• fonzzy
              Layout Whiz
              • Feb 2011

Comment

• Saviscrap
                • Nov 2011

And another one

Comment

• Wendy M
                  Mad Scrapper
                  • Feb 2012

Comment

• Moonbeam
                    • Mar 2006

excellent... both of the new ones... Can you guys see how you could use this technique ANY time to make your own embies and background match what youre working with.

Comment

• Wendy M
                      Mad Scrapper
                      • Feb 2012

D I am still learning allot everyday. This one was fun. A weak ago I wondered where all the shapes come from but have now seen how easy it is to make your own.

Comment

• Moonbeam
                        • Mar 2006

I am so glad you enjoyed it and learnt something in the process

Comment

• lindadb
                          • Nov 2011

Awesome, I love what you did!

Linda

Comment

• fonzzy
                            Layout Whiz
                            • Feb 2011

Comment

• grannywin
                              Layout Whiz
                              • Sep 2006

I hope I did this correctly, Moonbeam. I did change the color on the background texture. Today is St. Patty's Day and I had to think GREEN today.

Comment

Working...
                              X