Designer Monthly Challenge - June 2012 - Hosted by Carena

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ksd_24_f View Post
    Holy Moly, this was hard!! Amazing though, Loved it!! Love the result.. I'm gonna do another one. I used mostly Carena's kit Autumn Equinox (if you don't already have this kit, I highly recommend buying it, it's jam packed full of goodies!)
    lots of erasing and duplicating for this LO.
    Awesome work - Well I did say it was a "Challenge" but you have done amazing work with an awesome result.

I was just thinking that maybe it was TOO hard a challenge as so far I've had few people try it out. Really you don't have to tuck things under - you can just go with placing under or on top but for those who can manage the tucking, then it adds the extra challenge to it. Once you get used to doing it - it becomes really easy.

Again if you aren't sure on how to do it - Check the tutorial out that I've linked to in my first post which shows you how to do it. Hugs.
    Kind wishes from Carena
    Scrapbook Max Digital Designer
    Visit me in the store Here also grab my blinkie if you wish.

Comment

I think it's my new favorite embie! so much fun to work with.. I tried it again using Michelle's kit "If I could" - after I processed it to images, I realized it was missing some greenery or something.. to "matchy matchy" - but it was fun anyways.. I followed your link Carena.. soo cool. I linked the ribon and the ring of the heart around the triangle metal clasp and it totally looks like it's actualy tied around it.. normally I would have jut plopped the riboon on top.. ha ha.. Thanks for the tip!

Thanks for the comments on my first LO guys!!

Comment

Here is mine. It is a real challenge but so much fun.

Comment

Wendy, I had to go to the gallery to see your LO, for some reason it didn't post in the thread, but it's sooooo nice!!! I really love it. What kit did you use? Great job on getting the elements over and under. I also like how you only put brads on some of the crosses.. it WAS fun though eh??

Comment

Beautiful layouts Kelly!

Comment

I'll try again. Most of things i used is from Carena's Sweet Love of Spring. One butterfly from her Pink Gerbra. The leaves I got from CourtneysDigiscrappin- Vintage Boy. I do not remember where i took the white flowers from. I have got everything on a sepparate hard drive. Al the scrapbooking things in one big folder and when do not want to spend hours thinking of witch kit to use i just do a search in the big folder. Say if I want to use flowers I just type flowers and I will get a whole bunch of them. The one problem I have found with doing it this way is sometimes like now I would like to use something again but just can not find it because it might just be named in a specific kit as element 3.

Comment

Isaac's graduation from Preschool.

Comment

Thanks Diane
                  Marion and Wendy, these are awesome!! I swear I'm in love with this "pin board" look. My daughter has a real one in her room that we tuck photo's and horse ribbons in all the time.. I just think it's soo cool.

Comment

I agree, it was real fun working with it. Everyone did such a great job!

Comment

Hey Ya'll!!!
                      I been Missing All of You. I had to Play with this Board, its So Neat Loving Everyone's Layouts

I used items from:
                      DGO- On The Farm - Black Leather - Everlasting Memories
                      Knzus - Even Romance
                      Creek - Heritage

[IMG][/IMG]
                      Last edited by Kimmyann; 06-08-2012, 06:26 PM. Reason: Layout Oooppsss
                      Hugs!!

Comment

OH wonderful - you guys are amazing. And yes the erasing technique can be used not just for tucking things under these ribbons but also for linking stuff together. EG. ribbons with a padlock or chain, taking a safety pin and pinning onto a paper so part of it is missing and appearing as if it's under the paper - same for paper clips It's a really cool technique to use. Sure it takes extra time to make the layout but WOW - just look at those results. Well worth the extra time to make I think.
                        So glad everyone is enjoying this challenge so much.
                        Kind wishes from Carena
                        Scrapbook Max Digital Designer
                        Visit me in the store Here also grab my blinkie if you wish.

Comment

Wendy,
                          When I want to use something again on the same layout, I click the item, hold control, click C, then click V. It copies and paste right there on your layout. Then you move it where u want it to go. Now for another layout if in the same book, just another page do the same as above, but click the V on the page u want the item to be on. Hope this helps someone
                          Hugs!!

Comment

Had to Play with this again.

All from SBM Gallery version #1

[IMG][/IMG]
                            Hugs!!

Comment

This Layout was made using Sweet Springtime.

Tweety

Comment

Tweety I can't find yours you'll have to put it up again. Thanks Kimmyann. I knew I could use the c and v but not on different pages. I need to make a folder to copy and paste my favourite things I like to use. Great pages Ladies.!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X