X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karin
    started a topic The Groove August 2012 Freebie Challenge

The Groove August 2012 Freebie Challenge

Welcome to The Groove's Monthly Freebie Challenge!

Each month, we feature a great freebie mini-kit and a scrapbooking challenge.

All you need to do is download the freebie to make your challenge pages. Then, create a layout (or layouts) that steps up to the challenge, upload it to the

Groove Newsletter Challenges gallery and post a link to your layout in a reply to this thread.

Details about this month's freebie and challenge by Michelle McCoy below!

The Challenge: Making "Stickers" with Titles!

Instructions:

*Download my freebie kit.

*Use one of the papers in the download on your layout.

*Add a title on your page making it look like a sticker. You can do this by adding a Caption (Object > Caption), and clicking on the Advanced tab in the Caption Properties box. Here you can adjust the outline. By making the outline white and very large (I adjusted the outline size to 30.9) your caption looks like a sticker. Here is a visual aid to help!:

*Bring in another background from the my mini kit into your work space as a Paper Scrap or a Photo.

* Change colors if needed

* Now, change the shape from your shapes folder using these instructions:

*You can use anything else on your page to finish it up.

*Upload your page to the gallery, then here in the post.

* Thank you for playing!!!

- Michelle

NOTE: This month's freebie is bundled up as a .zip file. Simply download and save the .zip file. Then, you can extract the images and easily "drag and drop" them onto your Scrapbook MAX! pages!

Be sure to check out the August 2012 issue of The Groove. Get inspired to join a challenge, and 'meet' a member of our Scrapbook MAX! Design Team!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Karin; 08-03-2012, 12:15 PM.

• Daydreamer
    replied
    WOW MICHELLE!!! You've outdone yourself, what a STUNNING GIFT!! Thanks soo much! I love them!

Leave a comment:

• wolvsie35
    replied
    Well like I have mentioned, you all did a wonderful job with these...Wish I could have seen more, but I know many of you are busy with school starting up again, so I will let it pass this time...lol....But to those of you that did try this challenge, as promised, I will be sending you a large pack of stickers...Enjoy and thanks for joining in....((HUGS))
    Enjoy next month's challenge....Thanks again SBM for allowing me to host in August...

P.S. Flipper-I can't send you the freebie...says your mailbox isn't accepting emails....<wink>
    Last edited by wolvsie35; 08-31-2012, 06:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Daydreamer
    replied
    Thanks Diane!!!

Leave a comment:

• wolvsie35
    replied
    Thanks Sandrine.....Now to see some more cute pages....lol

Leave a comment:

• KapiScrap
    replied
    Beautiful pages!!!!!!!
    Great challenge Michelle!

Leave a comment:

• wolvsie35
    replied
    Cute page fonzzy.....Can't wait to see your page China Doll....

Leave a comment:

• China Doll
    replied
    I've wanted to know how to do this -- thanks for the lesson. Cute little kit too. I hope I post my page correctly!
    Last edited by China Doll; 08-13-2012, 08:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• fonzzy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• wolvsie35
    replied
    Some more great pages....Flipper-glad you got your page uploaded...Now you can join in more challenges...I offer freebies in all mine...<wink> Like your page too....Marion you are welcome...the grand kids are getting so big...

Leave a comment:

• Marion
    replied
    My layout. Cute kit, thanks Michelle!

Leave a comment:

• Letha
    replied
    great job Flipper!

Leave a comment:

• flipper29au
    replied
    3rd time lucky lol

Leave a comment:

• SBM Diane
    replied
    Zaida, I love your layout!!

Leave a comment:

• SBM Diane
    replied
    Hi Flipper29au, welcome to Scrapbook Max!

When posting one of your layouts from your gallery open that image in your gallery and scroll down to the bottom to where it says "linked image", and copy and paste that url in this post. Your image should come up after you save. Then, when anyone sees your post in the future they can click on the layout and it will automatically redirect them to your layout gallery. Hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X