• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saviscrap
    started a topic Kaye's April Opposites challenge

Kaye's April Opposites challenge

I have a new challenge for you....yaay

Ok I want two LO's for this challenge and I think it's going to be very difficulat! In fact I think you should do it more than once, because I would say you will learn from the first one and improve on the second one. But i can't guarantee you will get it right.

I am not entirelyy happy with the one I have and I want to improve drastically. I would love to show you how I want it to end up properly, but the LO I have seen is on another site and I guess I can't put a link to it in here, but never mind I think you will understand what I mean.

The first LO is the easy one, I am not sure you know what white space is, but have a look at the 2 examples I have created below

See the white space, obviously it isn't white, but it is blank space and lot's of it. In each example I have 1 photo, a rose from my garden and in the other a baby, they can be framed, in mine I used a mask for the flower and the baby is extracted, and then minimal elements.

Ok now look at the next Lo you need to produce, this is the hard one...well I find it hard anyway

The page is FULL! In my eyes you need to use the right kit for this type of LO, not every kit would have the right type of elements, obviously you can combine kits, I used predominantly one, but used some embies from another one.

Another thing you need to get right is the shadowing, sharp and very small, you all know how I love to do floaty ones lol, well not in this case it wouldn't look right.

So happy scrapping and I just can't wait to see how you do on this one.

And I think this one deserves a special freebie at the end of it because it requires a fair bit of work, not sure what yet but I will come up with something! lol

This will carry on into next month too to give every one plenty of time.

• Kimmyann
    replied
    Great LOs Wendy!! Been missing seeing you, but we understand life gets in the way of our scrapping time.

Leave a comment:

• Wendy M
    replied
    Thanks Diane. Every one has done a fantastic job!

Leave a comment:

• SBM Diane
    replied
    Awesome layouts Wendy!

Leave a comment:

• Wendy M
    replied
    Yes almost a year ago from Sydney to the Beautiful Port Stephens but with al this downturn stuff going on with mining we sadly have to go back.

Leave a comment:

• Saviscrap
    replied
    Great job wendy, I will send you some alpha!

Moving.....did you move not long ago? Not that I can talk lol

Leave a comment:

• Wendy M
    replied
    Here are some I have made. It just been so busy here lately I cant find the time to scrap. We are moving back to Sydney again.

Leave a comment:

• Saviscrap
    replied
    Diane, now that I can see your "busy page" full screen, that would make an awesome quilting project, it is beautiful!

Alpha on its way

Leave a comment:

• SBM Diane
    replied
    You are more than welcome Kaye!! Thank you Kaye and Kimmyann!

Leave a comment:

• Kimmyann
    replied
    Great LOs Diane!!

Leave a comment:

• Saviscrap
    replied
    Beautiful Job . Diane, my kit looks beautiful in that lo, thank you, I will send the alpha your way later, I am at work, but bludging hehe, working with rick that is so I'm allowed to.

Leave a comment:

• SBM Diane
    replied
    Sorry I'm late Kaye. Thank you for hosting the challenge.

Leave a comment:

• SBM Diane
    replied
    Awesome layouts everyone!!!

Leave a comment:

• cheesepiece
    replied
    Yeah LOL. Sooner or later someone will get it right. I'd love to see that happen.

Leave a comment:

• Saviscrap
    replied
    Well Donna you know what they say....practice makes perfect

Perhaps I should leave this challenge open all year lol

Leave a comment:

Working...
X