• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saviscrap
    started a topic May Shadows challenge

May Shadows challenge

Lets play with some shadows!!

I want to see some deep and dark shadows, and some light and delicate shadows. So you guessed it 2 page LO's

here I have a Lo with darker shadows, i thought the page really lent itself to dark. When there are a lot of dark elemnets I think that a dark shadow can really make the page pop

And here is a page with delicate shadowing/ When the embies are delicate it kind of lends to delicate shadowing

But this is not the case always!!

Have a play with these 2 shadowing styles and if you get a chance to do these 2, then if you want you can switch it around and make a page stunning by using dark shadows on delicate embies and light shadow on darker embies!! Just be careful though, we don't want to make the page look gaudy, so it might take a bit of fiddling, but also getting the right kit for the job.

• Saviscrap
    replied
    All challenges with may in the title go for the whole month, we will have June challenges up hopefully by June 1st and they will go the entire month too, so hope to see you ere as well.

Thank you they are lovely Leo's scrapbook max is definetley worth the small amount of money, its the best scrapping software I have used!

Leave a comment:

• Liwayway
    replied
    My late entry

Here's my late entry:
    First LO is my Dark shadow and the Second LO is my light one. I feel kind of rusty to do scrapbooking again May-shadow-Challenge-000-Page-1.jpgMay-shadow-Challenge-001-Page-2.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Liwayway
    replied
    Is it too late to put my entry? I wasn't sure if it's ok ^_^ anyway I will still post it if it's too late.

Leave a comment:

• Carena
    replied
    Beautiful work everyone.

Leave a comment:

• Saviscrap
    replied
    They look wonderful Tina, your light shadowing is exceptional and soft and a great LO for that look!

Leave a comment:

• tin tin
    replied
    I did my two layouts, and although I kept the transparency the same throughout the layout, I played with the distance and blurr.
    My light shadows:

and my dark shadows:

Leave a comment:

• Saviscrap
    replied
    Great job !!

Leave a comment:

• lindaathome
    replied
    Great pages so far! Here is my entry for the deep shadows. I used Moonbeam's Airborne Kit.

Here is my lighter Shadows page. I used Moonbeam's Miss Frilly Kit.

Last edited by lindaathome; 05-07-2014, 06:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• tin tin
    replied
    Great job so far ladies.....I love the difference shadowing can make, and fonzzy, I love your dark shadow being so drastic! It is great!

Leave a comment:

• SBM Diane
    replied
    Beautiful layouts Fonzzy!! Thank you ladies!

Leave a comment:

• fonzzy
    replied
    Yep I will try that next time Kaye thanks for the advise Hugs

Leave a comment:

• Saviscrap
    replied
    lovely LO's Fonnzy...may I sugest with the darker shadowed LO than you move the blur settings along the bar a bit then it might make the shadow less defined.....would you give that a try for me, excellent pages!!

Leave a comment:

• Kimmyann
    replied
    Great Pages Fonzzy!!

Leave a comment:

• fonzzy
    replied
    Light Shadows

Leave a comment:

Working...
X