November 2014 Art Journal Style Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• November 2014 Art Journal Style Challenge

Wow, it is November already! I thought I would get the challenges started for November with some creative art journaling. For those of you new to this form of digital scrapbooking it is simply using shapes, masks, and embellishments to decorate your layout. Combine this with WA. Photos are optional. Use any theme for this challenge. It is simply creating art on your canvas.

Look through your scrapbooking stash to see what shapes you have collected to fit the theme you are trying to express. If you have only solid black shapes that is okay. That is the beauty of Scrapbook Max 2.0 software. You can use the opacity tool to lighten the shape, the color tool, and the eraser tool to soften the edges. Use any embellishments you find to fit your theme. They can remain in their original format, or change their color to fit the layout.

Have fun with this! There is no wrong or right way to do art journaling. It is simply an expression of what you are feeling, or what you want your theme to be. Please be sure to credit the designers in the gallery.

Here are two layouts I created for the challenge. The first layout is with Scrapbook Max products, purchased and freebies. Click on the image to see the credits in the gallery. The use of Scrapbook Max products is not required for the challenge, but I know the designers would appreciate the use of their products.

I used masks and shapes with the papers from Michelle's kit to create art on the layout along with embellishments from the kit.

Last edited by SBM Diane; 11-01-2014, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Comment

Great Challenge Diane!!
        Hugs!!

Comment

Awesome layout fonzzy!

Comment

Great challenge!
            KapiScrap ScrapbookMAX store

Comment

Here is Mine.... Hope it is what your looking for

Hugs!!

Comment

Awesome! Great job Kimmy!
                KapiScrap ScrapbookMAX store

Comment

Adorable layout Kimmy! Love it!

Comment

Thanks Ladies!! After reading your Directions again, I think I owe you another page I used some shapes, but I don't think it was quite what you was talking about! I will get another one done this weekend!
                    Hugs!!

Comment

I made this from glitter sheets and shapes.
                      hugs x x x x

Comment

Awesome Sparkle Stella!! Great page Design and Cute Little Girl!!
                        Hugs!!

Comment

Kimmy, it is not necessary to complete another layout, especially if you are busy. Many of us are new to the art of digital art journaling. I just recently became very intrigued with this form of art.

What is digital art journaling? Of course this can be a hybrid craft project as well.

Art journaling is simply expressing your thoughts, feelings, memories, goals, an expression of yourself or someone else, through the use of art. Photos are optional. You can use art to express what you are feeling on your design (as in my "I'm Feeling Good" layout) with embellishments and words. Quotes are a great way to say what you are feeling, or what you want to express.

You can use the papers and embellishments that you currently own and turn them into an art piece to add to your layout by simply changing the color, desaturating, turning the item into a shape, combining papers together to give them a more artsy look to convey what you want on your design, or putting embellishments together to form art before adding them to your design.

Even though we are doing this digitally, imagine yourself sitting at your desk with a journal that you purchased. Gather pieces of paper, ephemera (embellishments), and photos if you want them on the page, and place them in an artsy design on your page to get the look and feeling you are trying to convey and then glue them into place. Glue words on top to express what you are feeling, or words to describe the individual you are scrapping about. This is why I love digital scrapbooking, because anything I make I can use over and over again.

Here is another layout I did just recently describing something that I am feeling.

Comment

Pretty layout Stella! Love it!

Comment

Here's my entry: I am not too sure if I get directions correctly. Let me know if I got it wrong ok?

Comment

Working...
                              X