Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jan - 15 Shadow Challenge

Hello Everyone!!

So I have been working on some other tutorials for people who use SBM to help understand features of the program.

This challenge is all about playing with your shadow settings to get different effects on your page. It will be 2 parts.

Part 1 Make a page - Any theme you would like and make it to your liking. Post your page here.

Part 2
    Change the shadowing to see the different effects you can have for the same page. Maybe change the colors of the shadows. Then post the second page here.

Here are some pages to explain shadowing:

Can't wait to see your pages.
    Hugs!!

Page 1 - I used smaller number and Black and grey shadowing giving more definition to each element.

Page 2 - I used large numbers and brown that I color picked giving more blending / floating illusion

Hugs!!

Comment

Great challenge!
      KapiScrap ScrapbookMAX store

Comment

Great challenge Kimmy! Love your layouts!

Comment

Thanks Diane!!
          Hugs!!

Comment

I hope this is what you meant Kimmyann. As you know I do like to make things up!! For this first page the shadows were made with a large number and with no blur facility.

This second page I changed the direction of the shadow, blurred it to give a softer look and changed the colour

hugs x x x x

Comment

The pages do look different........ right? Good Job!!
              Hugs!!

Comment

I scraplifted your page to show the floating effect too I used color picker on the stem, then darkened it a bit, then used 65, 34, 48 in the boxes of the shadow settings. The flower on the frame and the bottom row of flowers, I used a bit smaller numbers.

Hugs!!

Comment

Thank you for hosting Kimmy. The first layout is my favorite because I prefer soft shadowing on my layouts, especially with a white background. On the second layout I made darker shadows and did something with my shadowing that I have never done before. Since I was creating an artsy layout I decided to use dark gray shadowing with pink shadowing behind the pink leaves. I have never used two colors of shadows on one layout. It seems to work with this type of designing.

Comment

It's getting a bit like 'spot the difference'. Love the layouts... I think it is certainly a part of SBM that needs investigating further. X x xhugs x x x

Comment

Great Layouts Diane!! I like both the layouts and the two tone shadows do add a spark to the page.

The differences are mild Stella, but can make a difference.

The point of a challenge is to get people out of comfort zone and experiment Diane stated " On the second layout I made darker shadows and did something with my shadowing that I have never done before." Perfect!! And I feel she really liked the outcome, now in the future when she looks at her page, she will have this little idea come to mind.

HAHAHAHA - Scrapping is like cooking!!! Keep adding different things (Playing with shadowing) until your happy with it!!!

Hugs Everyone!! I Love the Pages you Ladies are Making!!!
                      Hugs!!

Comment

Here is my 2 pages... made with So Happy Together.

Version 1:

Version 2:

Of course, version 2 is the better one The way the shadows are set gives a better effect (volume).

A Kimmyann knows, I like very much playing with shadows.

Personally I always set my shadows with the black color, and then I play with transparency.

Advice: Be careful with your shadows and be sure that they aren't too dark. The best way to check the proper settings is to print your page. You often see better the details on a printed copy. And I like the details as they make all the difference.

With Scrapbook MAX, you can set a default shadow, and you can apply shadows with different settings on a same page. Keep in mind that some embies shouldn't "float" on your page, like staples, brads... You will then set a shadow whose distance value is low, whereas for other embies you will set a higher distance.
                        Last edited by KapiScrap; 01-04-2015, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Awesome!!! Great Pages!! Thanks for Joining in!!
                          Hugs!!

Comment

You're very welcome!!!

Great challenge!

Comment

I was looking at the TIPS and Tutorials section... and I've seen this discussion TIP: Shadows... And please don't laugh! I was sure that Kimmyann wrote it for this challenge... But as I was reading it, I thought that I would have written this TIP in the same manner...

Where is my head????!!! I need to sleep!

Comment

Working...
                              X