X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• juliehclark
    started a topic Challenge Oct 1, 2006

Challenge Oct 1, 2006

Ok fellow scrap addicts! Here's a new challenge! It's a *BLANK* template that you use to create your own layouts.

This one requires you to USE THE ELEMENTS THAT YOU HAVE BEEN COLLECTING either by purchasing them or your freebie sites. (You can of course also use SBM elements within your program.)

This will be particularly fun for those of you who have reorganized all of your folders into categories like "frames" "photo corners" "ribbon" "stitching" etc.

Here's what I have done.

I have taken a layout that I did and turned it into a template with "generic" images that you simply double click and add your own elements to.

This may take some getting used to on your part and maybe some re-sizing of elements but once you get the hang of it, you'll love it!

Also - This sample layout that I created was done with Alma Townsend's "Sweet" Kit (I am on her creative team over at www.TheScrapHabit.com) and the gift for this week will be a Quick Page created by Alma!

Here's the link to the template:

http://lamazenashville.com/TEMPLATES/week5template.smt

*In order to use, you must right click and "save target as" or "save link as" and then save it to the location of your choice - I always save mine to the desktop so I can find them easily. You may have to change the extension from .zip to .smt!!

When you create your layout, post your link to this thread!! You have until Midnite CST on October 8th to comeplete your layout and recieve your gift!

Ready, Set, GO!
    Attached Files

• GrannyScraps
    replied
    It's been pretty hectic around here, so I haven't had much time to either DO the challenges or see what everybody else has been doing, but I did want to take just a minute and tell everybody just how impressed with the work I've seen here..... fantastic challenges.... great template on this one...... I just LOVE the totally different looks everyone has achieved using the template.... all these layouts are just beautiful..... Thanks for sharing all your efforts!!!

Leave a comment:

• juliehclark
    replied
    right click the link
    choose "save target as" or "save link as"
    when the save box comes up, cange the ".zip" extension to ".smt"

save as usual (I usually save to desktop)

go to desktop and double click - this should install it

open sbm
    choose "create new project"

should be there!

Leave a comment:

• OnieRN
    replied
    Found the link but....

the dang thing is a zip file. In trying to unzip it, I got about 8 different icons/folders. I tried to open those and it asked me to open with Adobe etc.

I can not figure this out! Is there a reason this templete could be saved like the others? I really feel totally stupid because I have been trying for a couple of days then finally asked for help!

Well it's after midnight here, so I'm going to go to bed!

nie

Leave a comment:

• OnieRN
    replied
    No Link Available

I had no link appear, but the snapshot so that was what I was trying to use! Maybe the link needs to be resent!

nie

Leave a comment:

• Winnie49
    replied
    I can't resist to do another one!
    It was so easy and funny

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/...o=3535&cat=500
    ciao
    wendy

Leave a comment:

• Marion
    replied
    Onie, Are you clicking on the link or the screenshot????

Marion

Leave a comment:

• OnieRN
    replied
    Okay I don't get it!!!!

I really didn't want to sound like a dummy here but I have tried and tried multiple times to download this templete! Is there a reason that this doesn't have the link to download like other templetes? Here is what I've done!

I right click on the icon
    Select save as
    Save to the templet file
    It is a JPeg formate
    Do I need to rename it or add something to the end?

I find nothing in the templetes when I open the program to select the file!

nie

Leave a comment:

• Marion
    replied
    Originally posted by rachnmaddie View Post
    Ok, this is my first week trying this out. Fingers are crossed that I did the right thing !

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/...php?photo=3530
    I just looked at your layout and you don't need to worry, you did wonderful!

Marion

Leave a comment:

• rachnmaddie
    replied
    fingers crossed that this works

Ok, this is my first week trying this out. Fingers are crossed that I did the right thing !

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/...php?photo=3530

Leave a comment:

• *eng*
    replied
    Thanks Terry thats done the trick x

Leave a comment:

• twx
    replied
    I think if you go up to edit and unlock you will be able to change that piece. I hope that helps. I had the same problem.

Terry

Leave a comment:

• *eng*
    replied
    I am trying hard to do this! I have managed to have a play and be clever like all you others. I'm at the bottom of the class still though!No matter how I try and select one area to add or change it keeps selecting the background. There are no handles (is that the right word?) on anything else but the blue lines appear around items above below or the background.
    Hope you undertand my gobbledy gook.
    I am sulking now.

Leave a comment:

• LESLIE EMERY
    replied
    Template challenge

Hi Julie, thank you so much for the template, it is wonderful. I thought it was going to be a breeze then 6+ hours later I am finished.
    Thanks again for the fun challenge. I really enjoyed it : >

Leslie

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/...3518&nocache=1

Leave a comment:

• Kazr
    replied
    ok,finally have an entry,we visited the Sydney Wildlife World today.
    http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/...o=3489&cat=500

Leave a comment:

Working...
X