June 2015 Out Of Bounds Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June 2015 Out Of Bounds Challenge

I would like everyone to create a layout showing part of their photo out-of-bounds. There are several tutorials out there that give techniques to achieve this, but for Scrapbook Max I extracted the butterfly from the photo then placed it on top of the original photo, overlapping the frame to give it this effect. Then I added a shadow. Here is my layout.

wow that is a nice layout Diane. I love it. I love how the color blends in together. The butterfly is amazing how to pop outs from the original photo.

Comment

Here's my entry I hope i did it right ^_^... I have to install my Adobe Photoshop Elements 13 here in my laptop coz I don't have any scrapbookmax in our pc.

Comment

Thank you Liway. Beautiful layout!! Thank you for joining in the challenge.

You can download the trial version of Scrapbook Max to make the layout if you want to submit another one for fun. You will need to use the eraser tool because they have no filters for this effect. If you want to learn more about this technique check out PSE 13. I believe they have a filter built in for another type of out-of-bounds image effect. I do not know if Elements uses actions or not. If you need a tutorial just search online for PSE out-of-bounds (OOB) tutorials.

Comment

Beautiful work ladies.
          Kind wishes from Carena
          Scrapbook Max Digital Designer
          Visit me in the store Here also grab my blinkie if you wish.

Comment

Originally posted by SBM Diane View Post

You can download the trial version of Scrapbook Max to make the layout if you want to submit another one for fun. You will need to use the eraser tool because they have no filters for this effect. If you want to learn more about this technique check out PSE 13. I believe they have a filter built in for another type of out-of-bounds image effect. I do not know if Elements uses actions or not. If you need a tutorial just search online for PSE out-of-bounds (OOB) tutorials.
            I actually have PSE 13 and was able to see the tutorial. Thanks for this challenge ^_^

Comment

Hello ladies, this all looks great, but I don't have a clue what you are all talking about. But will have a go anyway..... Another learning curve x x xhugs x x

Comment

Originally posted by Stellanne View Post
                Hello ladies, this all looks great, but I don't have a clue what you are all talking about. But will have a go anyway..... Another learning curve x x xhugs x x
                Stellanne if you have a trial version of any photo editing software use it for this challenge. I was just lucky enough that i own a photo editing software and was able to do this challenge

Comment

Originally posted by SBM Diane View Post

Here's my 2nd try of this challenge

Last edited by Liwayway; 06-06-2015, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Great work. Well done Liway
                    Kind wishes from Carena

Comment

Here is mine.
                      Kit: Sabrina by Carena's Designs

Kind wishes from Carena

Comment

Originally posted by Stellanne View Post
                        Stella, I am so sorry that I could not respond sooner. I was gone for the weekend camping with my family.

I should have explained myself a little more for this challenge.

Find a photo that you can easily extract an image from the photo, such as a butterfly or flower. Make a duplicate of your original photo and save it. Take the duplicate photo and extract the item from the photo and save it as a PNG. In Scrapbook Max 2.0 you will need to use the eraser tool for the extraction. Once you have the saved image extracted from the photo set it aside. Take your original photo and make a layout with it, and place a frame around the original photo. Once you have the original photo framed, take your extracted image and place it on top of the original photo covering that image in the photo. Then give it some shadowing to make it stand out. Place it so part of the image is on top of the frame to give it a 3D look on your layout. See my layout in the first post. Adjust the shadowing until you like the effect. Then you are ready to upload to the challenge.

Comment

Awesome Carena!! This is a beautiful example of the out-of-bounds effect! I love it! Thank you for joining the challenge.
                          Last edited by SBM Diane; 06-08-2015, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Awesome 2nd layout Liway!! Great example!

Comment

Originally posted by Carena View Post
                              Great work. Well done Liway
                              Thank you Carena

Comment

Working...
                              X