May 2016 Font/Shape Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May 2016 Font/Shape Challenge

Making a Fat Font shape is really Fun. I have used just the font as a collage frame and I have used a font to spell out something with a background and made a collage under the background.
    Here are Some Examples:

I used Mom's as a Book Front Cover

I used Life as the Back Cover

Due to my shape obsession, I found I could use the SBM Title tool and make shapes using my fonts.

The challenge this month will be make a shape using a Fat or Thick Font. Then make a page with your new shape(s).

Remember: White will be your shape and black will be your transparent in SBM.

Can't wait to see what you all come up with!!
    Last edited by Kimmyann; 05-08-2016, 08:55 AM.
    Hugs!!

This is awesome! Now how did you do that? Have to play a bit to see if I can figure it out. Thanks for inspiring a new technique!

Comment

These instructions are just to make your shape:
      First I opened a Blank page and made it 6 x 6 size,
      Next I set the background color to BLACK.
      Next click on Caption Text (T in tool bar) Find the Font you want to use. (Freebie Fonts are out there too) - Set Text color to White (white part will be your shape) Or set Font color to Black (black will leave that font shape blank) Size it as large as you can with the black background)
      Click on the page tab and "Save As Image" - Name and browse to your shape folder size - JPG - 100 - 600 x 600 ok
      Congrats!!! You now have completed using a Font to make a new shape to play with.
      Hugs!!

Comment

Kimmyann you are a FAB challenger!!! I am going to have a go at this because, as you know, I too love shapes. X x x hugs x x x

Comment

Can't wait to see what you come up with Stella!!
          Hugs!!

Comment

this is really cool! Can't wait to have a try!
            Somewhere in all the madness lies the beauty within

Comment

I got there in the end.......... Fab challenge Kimmyann x x x hugs x x x

Comment

Kimmyann, how did you put the edging around the K in Khloe? I have retried and tried to get that effect and can't do it?? X x x xhugs x x x

Comment

Awesome Page!! It turned out Very Well!!
                  Hugs!!

Comment

I used the Title Out Line effect on the font to make the shape, then used a paper
                    Hugs!!

Comment

Here is How to do it:

Make Background Black - Pick a Fat Font, then Make Out line White setting 35 wide, turn font Black - Save as to your font file

Then on your page your making , Click Photo tab, browse to Background paper of your choice, click shape - browse to your shape - add shadow. Fill with pictures.
                      Hugs!!

Comment

Here is a New Page I used Sandrine's School Rules Kit

Hugs!!

Comment

Working...
                        X