This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My First Attempt

This is my first attempt at a layout, I have been lurking in the shadows for
    a while now. Finally brave enough to submit. I have made most of this layout, but not the torn paper scrap, I just recolored. It's too big to post, but I am working on that. I would appreciate any suggestions, I want to make more. I am attaching the preview until I figure out the size situation.
    Thanks, by the way you all are wonderful, I enjoy this community very much.
    Attached Files
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by makeyesup View Post
      Look below and see what I finally did to resize mine #134. It originally came up at 15.8 MB. Wondering now if the program keeps thing in memory and it is not an accurate size. All I did was import the page into an empty scrapbook and then exported the template. All of a sudden, it was under 2 MB??????

Always make sure that I empty the images folder on my working projects scrapbooks before I do this.
      After several retries, I had to do the same thing. I started with a blank page and imported each item individually and the it was small enough.

Marion

Comment

• Angle's Embellishments

Well, I haven't figured out how to resize the page yet, so I am attaching
        most of what I used for the page, hopefully this will work.
        Attached Files
        sigpic

Comment

• Marion,
          Thank you so much for the advice, I am still working on it.. It may seem like a silly question, but how did you import them indivually? Copy and paste, or completely rebuild the page. So close.......yet so far. Mine is over 11 megs.
          sigpic

Comment

• Minimize your scrapbook max program, so you can still see it. I started with a blank template, I opened the folder containing the January items and minimized it and then one at a time dragged the the items onto the page I was working on. I did resize several items in paintshop pro. It took a lot of trial and error, but after the first page, the rest went a lot faster.

Marion

Comment

• My thought on this is if everyone has to resize everything, and people don't have the program to do that, how will they ever be able to share??? Maybe by the end of the month everyone will have Paintshop Pro or Adobephoto shop!!!! to resize everything!!! I am not trying to be smart but I just find this impossible to resize and as I see it sooo many others have that problem too.

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Comment

• Marion,
                Thanks a million, I wanted to say thank you before posting my template.
                It worked like a charm.. : )
                sigpic

Comment

• Angle's Jan Challenge Page 1

Ok, wish me luck. I am so excited... I probably will hit the wrong keys.
                  HaHa... I hope you like it. I changed a couple of things when resizing.
                  Attached Files
                  sigpic

Comment

• Glad it worked for you angle! This challenge was a tricky one!
                    Crops don't give up! You can do it!

Marion

Comment

• Here is my second page....

Here is the link to the gallery....

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/...o=6326&cat=500

I used the basic kit I downloaded from the first page of the challenge. I colored one of the frame corners a grey color to match my text. This has been fun. I am going to go thru and download everyone's templates and try another page using all the new embellishments...

Thanks for all of your hard work! We should have an awesome kit by the end of the month!

Terry
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Had some fun thinking of a BUSY page to represent Jean's BUSY life but very fulfilled life. How we think of her is often different from how she looks at herself. I think all 3 of us perceive her pretty well!! Today, I worked on trying to send a message with pictures, embellishments, words, and paper choices..So much to coordinate.. So much to learn...but having fun!!

They SHAPE for halfpage is enclosed because we didn't have one in SBM. The black and white PNG is to go to your SHAPES folder for you newbies out there.

LOVING everyone's GORGEOUS papers, embellishments and templates!! It tickles me how excited we all are!! Thanks to Angelwithins' added embellishment of cute flowers.

To download the black and white image simply right click>SAVE TARGET AS> SAVE it to SCRAPBOOK MAX>GALLERY>IMAGES>SHAPES...basic shapes is where I would put it.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by autisticwonder; 01-07-2007, 05:08 PM. Reason: Need to remember to zip file for easier download...Dah

Comment

• Hopefully here it is!!!!! I loved doing the LO! If it does not show up, I give up!
                          p://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/sho...0&limit=recent

I guess it worked! Thanks to a friend in high places!!!!
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by crops2dawn; 01-07-2007, 06:34 PM.

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Comment

• Carol, it came through with one exception. You must have left the box checked that says remove pictures. Go back Delete it out of your templets, re-submit it, but uncheck the box. Then you should have it.
                            [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• January Challenge

Here are some elements I made to accompany this month's challenge kit.
                              ~Arlene
                              Attached Files
                              Graphic Designer

Comment

Working...
                              X