Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Groove Newsletter Contest July 2007: Wonderfully Whimsical (FREEBIES HERE!)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Groove Newsletter Contest July 2007: Wonderfully Whimsical (FREEBIES HERE!)

Celebrate "Whimsy" with The Groove!

The July 2007 issue of The Groove is here, and we're celebrating whimsy! "Whimsy" is a playful way of seeing the world. We're encouraging you to take a whimsical approach to scrapbooking this month - use unusual patters, fun colors, silly photos...get creative!

To download the July 2007 issue of The Groove (pdf), click here. Or, if you would rather read it online, visit scrapbookgroove.com.

CONTEST DETAILS
    This month's contest is called "Wonderfully Whimsical". Submit your best "whimsical" layouts, and have fun doing it! We're looking for playfulness, creativity, silliness, fun, imagination - whatever "whimsy" means to you! We will be honoring 3 winning layouts. The 1st place winner of the "Wonderfully Whimsical" contest will receive a $20 gift certificate to the Scrapbook MAX! Booster Pack Store. Two runners-up will each receive an official Scrapbook MAX! mousepad.

To enter, publish your layout as a JPEG image at High Quality and Web/Email size, and upload it to the contest page. The deadline is Friday, July 27, 2007, Midnight (CST).

We encourage you to reply to this thread after you enter the contest. Post a link to your entry and tell us a bit about it so we can all get in on the fun!

MONTHLY FREEBIE
    And now for everyone's favorite THE MONTHLY FREEBIE, generously supplied by our "very own" Fiona Storey!

Fiona creates beautiful kits for the Scrapbook MAX! Booster Pack Store . Here's what she says about her work: "My designing style has a lot to do with whatever I'm learning in paintshop pro at the time,... if I see something I like or I think may look great in a kit, I will sit for hours trying out different ways to make it until I perfect an image that gives me the look I want...I love to figure out how things are made. Yes, I was the child who took the alarm clock apart just to see how it worked! ''

The lovely, subtle toned freebies come from Fiona's "Barely There" Booster Pack #690 - you can buy the complete kit for only $3.95!

Click here to view more of Fiona's kits in the store!

Happy Scrappin' from The Groove!

Karin and Marnie

P.S. Not yet signed up for The Groove? Click here to subscribe.
    Attached Files

• The Groove
    replied
    Hi!

The freebie is attached to the first post of this thread - go up to the first post by The Groove in this thread and look at the bottom of the post for "Attached Files"; you'll see an attachment there called "thegroove-july-2007.smb" - these are the freebies! (The current Groove freebie is always available in the "sticky" post at the top of the Challenges and Contests forum.That's why the link in The Groove sends you to this forum.)

You need to click on the attachment and choose "Open"; it will automatically download into your Scrapbook MAX! program under Embellishments (Look for a little "icon" under Embellishments named The Groove July 2007). Hope that helps!

Karin
    for The Groove

Leave a comment:

• curlyberli
    replied
    curlyberli

OK, I spoke to soon. I redownloaded the newsletter , rereadit. Found the link that says get your freebie here. Clicked on it and it sent me right back to and it sent me right back to the forum I started at. HELLPPPP!!! (Please)Thank you

Leave a comment:

• curlyberli
    replied
    Yea!!! I did it. I was right clicking instead of left!! Its ok I learned something new!!! Thank you for helping me. Your the greatest! This site really does have nice people!! Thanks again

Leave a comment:

• Karin
    replied
    There is no limit on the number of entries...just have fun!

Karin

Leave a comment:

• wolvsie35
    replied
    Well, I'm awake Karin....lol

I even made another page for the contest...Didn't know if there was a limit on entries, but I'm trying to win....hehehehe...
    I had a blast making this page, and everything used was made by EYE!!!!! My good buddy....Thanks goes out to her...

The photos were taken in our front yard a couple days ago...I think he had too much sugar or something, cause he was so silly that day and had me laughing...Cutie, isn't he? Pinchable cheeks...Gotta love 'em!!!!!!
    http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/...14453&cat=1846
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Karin
    replied
    Thanks, wolvsie! I changed the info in the post so that it correctly lists the prizes for the "Wonderfully Whimsical" contest (not "Dear Dad", which was indeed June's contest!)

Would you believe us if we said were just testing to see if you all were awake?

By the way, great entries so far everyone! Glad you're all having fun!

Karin

Leave a comment:

• wolvsie35
    replied
    Dear Groove

I was reading your info on this contest, and didn't know if you were aware fo the misprint in the details...When it was written I think you were still stuck on the June challange...<wink>

Copied...
    CONTEST DETAILS
    This month's contest is called "Wonderfully Whimsical". Submit your best "whimsical" layouts, and have fun doing it! We're looking for playfulness, creativity, silliness, fun, imagination - whatever "whimsy" means to you! We will be honoring 3 winning layouts. The 1st place winner of the "Dear Dad" contest will receive a $20 gift certificate to the Scrapbook MAX! Booster Pack Store. Two runners-up will each receive an official Scrapbook MAX! mousepad.

Leave a comment:

• *eng*
    replied
    Love that freebie

Leave a comment:

• AmeliasMuma
    replied
    Dream a little Dream.

I just couldn't resist using this photo. This is the only position Amy would sleep in when younger. She would wake up in the mornings just like this, her knees red. Here she had just been changed and before we knew it she was asleep.

Dream a little dream

Leave a comment:

• AmeliasMuma
    replied
    Cherish

Here is my 1st attempt at this challenge .. I decided to try something different with this one. I've never really used any feathering techniques and thought this page would look good with a little dreamy effect.

Amy had been walking tall and running wild in our back yard as if she owned the place and I managed to catch this photo of her just as that "I'm up to no good" smirk started.

Hope you enjoy

Cherish

Leave a comment:

• vnginger
    replied
    Originally posted by sacannon View Post
    Here is my try at this.
    what a riot! cute

Leave a comment:

• Marion
    replied
    My whimsical entry!

Leave a comment:

• sacannon
    replied
    Here is my try at this.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• wolvsie35
    replied
    Whimsical for sure...

This page was made for my dear friend Eye....Thought it was full of colors and whimsical enough to enter it in the contest...
    http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/...14203&cat=1846
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X