No announcement yet.

Weekly Challenge 16

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still working on mine! I have the basic layout done but I still need a pic.......lol I guess I need to get the scanner up and going again.

I find it amazing at the names my students come in with. The hispanic culture has guidelines on taking last names. I get some kids in that have 3 or more last names, because they have Moms. Dads. and who ever else. That gets difficult when you have to figure out how to file their charts or emergency cards.......lol The winner is a boy at school. His parents didn't give him a first name at birth, so his legal name is "BOY" although he goes by Daniel. I do not understand why the parents never got around to re-naming him on his birth certificate!
    sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
    !

nie

Comment

A little fact about my name

My given name was Marion Margaretha Jose. Plus my last name.
      In the Netherlands where I was born, most people have more then one middle name. All legal forms in the USA only have room for one. So when I moved to the USA, I had to give up one of my names and I now go by Marion M.

Layout is made with a freebie Kit: DOUCE FRAICHEUR by Nanine

Comment

Crystal Clear ice Sunrise Goddess! LOL!

Ok. My Mom named my brother's after former partners and were "A", and "B" names. So My Father named me after girlfriends and following the pattern I was due for a "C" name so he came up with Crystal Dawn.

Then in my senior year my Spanish teacher Mr. Pehler translated that to Clara Aurora.

I looked it up in an on-line name dictionary at http://www.behindthename.com/

this is what I came up with ROTF! hee hee.

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/...nt] click here

Last edited by CrystalInMinn; 02-12-2008, 11:46 PM.
        sigpic

aka Crystal Jozlin- CJozzy- Crystal's Creations

Comment

So I cheated and did my daughters name instead
          I am VERY impressed with the other pages and feel kind of plain but thats the mood I'm in tonight

Comment

Thanks for plus this chance Fiona!

Congrats, fabulous idea,
            In this page, I used a Freebie of FIONA, thanks sharing my friend!

Comment

hey girls

these are fabulous - best i get into gear and make my page up lol

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
              , Check out my store
              Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

here's my page

, Check out my store
                Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

Wow, these are all awesome stories. Mine is more average. Hopefully I will get to it.

I have to take my mom to the store, but I don't feel like it because I am sick. I think it is either Sinusitis or Alergic Rhinitis (spelling). From past experience. But it was brought on because I stopped taking my Alergy pills because of another medicine I was taking said not to take decongestants. Then my nose started dripping like a faucet and here I am now! But the good news is I called the doctor and he said I could go ahead and take the alergy meds. But I don't know how long it will take to kick in. We are taking my mom Saturday down to Tennesee to meet my sister who is coming up from Florida. They are taking her back with them for two weeks. Then we have to go throuh the exchange again in a couple of weeks. She won't fly by her self because she has a hard time getting around and it makes her too nervous.

So anyway, I will try and get to this.
                  [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

Attempting to join.

Let's see if I can do this. I do not yet know the "etiquette" on this site. I uploaded my page to my own album... and now I should add it here? Let's see, I'll just do that...

Please, be kind to me as I am learning - but, please, DO tell me if I did this all wrong!!

-PetRaP-

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/...20751&cat=2186
                    Last edited by PetRaP; 02-13-2008, 10:26 AM.

Comment

PetRa,

Just Copy the img code link from your album page of this Layout and copy it into the thread.

Here is your LO PetRa!

sigpic

aka Crystal Jozlin- CJozzy- Crystal's Creations

Comment

Here is Mine

This was an awesome challenge since I learned so much about the meaning of my name...I have to agree that my parents picked the right one to fit who I am...Great pages so far...Hope you like mine...((HUGS))

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/...00&ppuser=5259
                        I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

Comment

here's a freaky thing for ya michelle...whenever im emailing you i end up singing that song!!!!

, Check out my store
                          Here

Comment

Here's my name page!

I used Spring Fling background paper and butterfly embellishment from ScrapyCrafts by Wolvsie35 and blue tags from Webdesignz by Kristie Elements.

Last edited by fourfoxes; 02-13-2008, 01:15 PM.

Debby
                            My buddies are Granny, Wolvsie35, angelwithin, twpclerk, moonlightpearl, Vanessa, Wickel, Smile, Eye and Pink Lollipop

Comment

Here's mine for the challenge, decided to show who I was named after. Since she is a famous Irish person, Michelle's new kit called Paddy Green was perfect for it.

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/...00&ppuser=1185

Maureen O'Hara
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by makeyesup; 02-13-2008, 01:15 PM.

My Buddies - pkdoll, Marion and CraftyScraps

&

Comment

Oh, I LOVE Maureen O'Hara, too. She was such a striking beauty and always played such strong women in her movies with John Wayne. What a wonderful person to be named after.
                                Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

Comment

Working...
                                X