Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

March '08 Designer Challenge: Featuring AutisticWonder! (aka Donna) :o)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By JUPITER you all are getting it!!

This is something DIFFERENT from what you all are used to!! These are bigger shapes to keep them from blurring as you enlarge to full page size..You can make them at 4x4 size at 300 dpi and get the same results..but it's easier to make on 8x8 so you see your template creation easier..

KPierce gave me a great idea to use a screen capture tutorial..but I forgot my husband gave my camtasia..So I'll see if I can come up with better visual representations for you..

You are FANTASTIC at quick learning!! Whatever helps you learn it POST..

As for uploading your new one step templates..simply

1) Go to REPLY of this thread
    2) Go down the screen and click on MANAGE ATTACHMENTS or click on paper clip on top of message screen
    3) Hit the BROWSE button...NOT UPLOAD at top of Upload screen
    4) Find your image by hunting through the drives to My Documents>ScrapbookMax>Published Files> your folder> click on your shape
    5) Then press the UPLOAD button.
    6) If it is too big..MAX will kick it out..
    7) REPUBLISH to a smaller more convenient High Quality Medium size..

SO VERY IMPRESSED with all your designs folks!!

WHEEE , I was beginning to worry!!!!

Keep the questions coming!! and PLAY!! BEst way to learn is PLAYING!! Talk to your program..It listens!!LOL

Comment

Explain to me what "flatten" is, please.
      Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

Comment

flattened = a single solid page jpeg, no moving parts

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
        , Check out my store
        Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

LOL MY my Fiona - you suddenly got younger looking. What's your beauty secret - is a magical cream and where can I buy it.

Donna - you poor poor girl - you must be just about going grey overnight with all this but I think we are all seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I must admit folks - I cheated and am learning along with you all as when I did my page - I did it with Photoshop CS2 (BIG BUCK$ program)- which I'm very familair with. LOL so my secret has been exposed.

I must admit that I'm having lots of fun with ScrapbookMax once I get the hang of it.
          Kind wishes from Carena
          Scrapbook Max Digital Designer
          Visit me in the store Here also grab my blinkie if you wish.

Comment

Originally posted by Carena View Post
            LOL MY my Fiona - you suddenly got younger looking. What's your beauty secret - is a magical cream and where can I buy it.

shh the magic beauty secret...use old photos rofl

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
            , Check out my store
            Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

Originally posted by pkdoll View Post
              WOW! I can't wait to experiment with this challenge. Both Marion and Carena your LO's are beautiful I know how to kind of do basic shape stuff-but Crena I love how your second one turned out. What a beautiful idea!! Putting on my learning cap and kick starting brain to try and get lots of kowledge in working with shapes!!!
              I agree Paula.

Donna, I have made some shapes in the past. But Paula made a good point. Maybe you could make your explanations in steps like this:

1:
              2:
              3:

With the directions being so long, I think separating the steps may help. And maybe like Granny stated at one point, explain like you are telling a 2 year old (like me (not granny)) I love your work and this is an excellent challenge for everyone.
              [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

oops, just noticed you did it on the last one, sorry!
                [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

Omg...Bless your Big heart Donna.. this is one heck of a challenge.... I'm just sitting here reading and my head is spinning....LOL I'll just let you pros figure this one out...
                  Cool work peeps!

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Comment

I'm with you crops. I read it over and over and I just don't understand where I'm supposed to start. Do I just make a layout with nothing but grayscale papers? How do I know which block should be white, black or gray? Or does it matter? Am I really as dumb as I sound to myself?
                    Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

Comment

This is what happens when you allow an intellectual giant to host a challange. They forget the they are regular Einsteins, and we are just mere peons!!!!!

But that's ok, when I grow up, I want to be brillian like AutisticWonder!!

sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

I must have done it wrong too. I read and reread and then still didn't get it, so as usual I did it my own way
                        This is how I did it.
                        The way I changed it into a SBM template is:
                        Since the template we downloaded is in psd format,
                        1. I first opened it as a Psd file,
                        2. then I save each layer individual layer as a png file.
                        3. I bring each layer into SBM
                        4. turn each layer into a shape (white on black background"
                        5. and export as a jpg.
                        6. Put into shapes folder.
                        7. Bring everything back to SMB.
                        8. From there you can recolor or change picture. This may be the long way around, but it is the only way I know how to do it with SBM. I hope the explanation is not to complicated. It is one thing to do it, but another thing to explain how you did it.

Marion

Comment

I have been playing with shapes a lot since this challenge started and creating some really ugly pages in the process but I am learning. Trying to recognize/remember which shade of paper will give which shade/depth of color when added to a piece of paper. Here is one of my shape pages I have been playing with. It does show the various shades of gray and how they translate on the paper nicely but not sure how really usefull it would be to anyone. I think you might be trying to make it too hard. Donna has mentioned various stages coming up but I am focusing on only using other shapes to create my own shapes and quick pages for now.
                          challenge-009-Page-10.jpgchallenge-010-Page-11.jpgchallenge-006-Page-7.jpg challenge-008-Page-9.jpg
                          My buddy is GrannyWin.
                          My sister, my friend, Laurie016. My daughter, mortonmomof2.

Comment

KPierce - this I think is the result on just one paper over your shapes in multiply shades of grey - the final idea is to use your shapes to layer in lots of different papers which gives a template effect which you can use over and over again with different kits and papers and each time giving a different layout each time as per mine and Marions examples. Same template but different looks. This might be the next step in Donna's grand plan I think - looking forward to this step with everyone else Donna.

I hope I've explained this OK. Like I say I'm used to PSD templates in Photoshop but Scrapbook Max will produce the same sort of thing only goes about it a little differently and the price difference in programs is HUGE. Well done ScrapbookMax. The more you learn about your program the more inpowered you are to produce some fabulous layouts and also the more fun you can have. Just takes time and patience and a little persistance but it will all pay off in the end.
                            Kind regards from Carena
                            Kind wishes from Carena
                            Scrapbook Max Digital Designer
                            Visit me in the store Here also grab my blinkie if you wish.

Comment

ok, here is my attempt. I don't know if I did it the way it was suppose to be done or not. It is actually more of a quick page. The whole page is one shape, you pick your paper and you drop in the picture. I added a brad/button that I made in each of the diamond shapes after I added my picture, and added the wording. I hope the link works for the template.

The picture is from my trip this past week to pick up my mom. We did a side trip the the Sky Line Drive and Blue Ridge Mountains.
                              Attached Files
                              [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

Question for Marion

Originally posted by Marion View Post
                                I must have done it wrong too. I read and reread and then still didn't get it, so as usual I did it my own way
                                This is how I did it.
                                The way I changed it into a SBM template is:
                                Since the template we downloaded is in psd format,
                                1. I first opened it as a Psd file,
                                2. then I save each layer individual layer as a png file.
                                3. I bring each layer into SBM
                                4. turn each layer into a shape (white on black background"
                                5. and export as a jpg.
                                6. Put into shapes folder.
                                7. Bring everything back to SMB.
                                8. From there you can recolor or change picture. This may be the long way around, but it is the only way I know how to do it with SBM. I hope the explanation is not to complicated. It is one thing to do it, but another thing to explain how you did it.

Marion
                                Marion, my question are;
                                * in step 1 & 2, did you open it in PS ?
                                * in step 3,4,5,6 , did you do that for every layer. So you have to repeat this step several times, depending on the quantity of layers ?
                                * step 7 has to be repeated too ?
                                Is this what you mean, or am I wrong?
                                Thanks so much, I'm very eager to know about this shapes business

My buddies: Nanwu, Moonlightpearl

Comment

Working...
                                X