Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEWBIE with a question

Hi.
    I've just arrived in the newbie ranks following several weeks of 'trialing and erroring' (I know that's not a word but you'll get the drift I'm sure) various Scrapbook programmes - no prizes for guessing which package got my 'bucks' (and so few of them were required).

I already have a question - to 'research' various scrapbook programmes (that's the way we spell it in Australia) I designed and completed a page in each to experience ease of use, versatility etc. and I would like to upload my SBM page however; even with the registered copy now resident on my computer, the 'trial version' disclaimer is still present.

I would very sincerely appreciate any hints to get rid of the banner in order to upload my page to the site. I did follow the download instructions and uninstalled SBM trial version before installing the registered version. The page that I have created was filed seperately on the hard drive (to ensure it didn't vanish) and WAS NOT within the SBM trial version file location.

I am keen to develop my skills in this exciting digital art form and uploading projects for the consideration and comment of my scrapbooking peers and, for the invaluable guidance of the highly talented senior members and designers is important to me in achieving the best results possible BUT...

...that darn banner!

With kind regards and advanced thanks!

Terry.
    My buddies are:
    Too many to list - too valuable not to. They are... Diamonds in my Life!

Chocolate Wisdom of Life
    Life is like a box of chocolates - No matter what you end up with - they all start out sweet!

Previous Chocolate Wisdom of Life -
    Some of them are hard.
    It never seems to last long enough.
    No one wants the cruddy ones.

First of all a big welcome to SBM ... you choose the best

About the page with the banner on it. If I remember correctly I had to open the scrapbook and save it again. Then the banner was gone [I saved under the same name].... yeh ha. I know its possible cos I have both versions of my 1st page in my gallery.

You will love it here with all the fun n stuff that goes on.
    Sue xx

sigpic Makeyesup and Marion are my Buddies

Relax, take it easy and enjoy.

Comment

Dear AmeliasMuma,

Thank you for your welcome AND your help with the banner issue.

Both appreciated greatly.

When you have a chance (or interest) please feel free to take a look at the image you have helped to upload - 'SNUGGLES' - that's the image name not my tag

With kind regards,
      Terry.
      Last edited by TerryW; 04-07-2007, 08:53 PM. Reason: Salutation - 'Dear'
      My buddies are:

Chocolate Wisdom of Life
      Life is like a box of chocolates - No matter what you end up with - they all start out sweet!

Some of them are hard.

Comment

Very glad I could help ... off to look n see what you uploaded .... all excited
        Sue xx

sigpic Makeyesup and Marion are my Buddies

Relax, take it easy and enjoy.

Comment

Welcome Terry

Glad to have you with us! We will be looking forward to seeing your layouts here. Your going to love it here. It's easy to get addicted to the software and the people in the forum.

Onie
          sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
          !

nie

Comment

Yep! I'm addicted.

I've only recently discovered this type of graphics work/hobby and am really enjoying it.

PLEASE, PLEASE, if I get too carried away with forum post's, L/O comments etc (again) PLEASE let me know - I tend to get a little carried away at times due a little issue outside my control but I absolutely mean this - I will not be offended in the least.

Thanks for the welcome,
            Terry.
            My buddies are:

Chocolate Wisdom of Life

Some of them are hard.

Comment

Welcome Terry!
              Don't worry about getting carried away with posts. There are lots of chatters here. We don't mind one bit.
              My post are usually very short (I am usually a person of few words) but there are lots of them!

Comment

Another Terry

I think there are several Terrys posting. My username is TWX, but I usually sign my post as Terry.....Actually, I am also a Terry W......
                Nice to have you on the forum. I don't post a lot, but I like to read and am learning to scrapbook....

Terry

Comment

Originally posted by twx View Post
                  I think there are several Terrys posting. My username is TWX, but I usually sign my post as Terry.....Actually, I am also a Terry W......
                  Nice to have you on the forum. I don't post a lot, but I like to read and am learning to scrapbook....

Terry
                  Hi Terry,

You must be a very nice person.

I'm in as TerryW but just sign everything Terry as well - if I get myself into trouble here I will sign as TWX and will accept any glory as TerryW - perfect !!!!!!

Thank you for your welcome, regards,
                  Terry.
                  My buddies are:

Chocolate Wisdom of Life

Some of them are hard.

Comment

Hey Terry, Welcome Aboard! You sure are funny, I like that about signing your name Twx! very good! You'll fit in here perfectly! Lots of gabber jaws in here including myself! So just enjoy your new addiction... its a long one, trust me..I took a test this morning to see if I am addicted and guess what! I AM! YIKESSSS! LOL Have fun Scrappin!

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Comment

Welcome Terry and Terry. Delighted to have you both with us. And when we put you throught the initiation rites, we will be sure to put your both throught the gaunlet twice, to make sure we are getting the right person. We would not want to put Terry on the rack twice, and not put Terry on it at all. Specially the section with the feather.... Ohhhhh... I shutter just to think about poor Terry getting Terry's part of it.

So gang, as we walk them to the dungeon for the ceremony, please make sure we got them both and give them fair and equal treatment. I hope their scream sound different, because we are already confused enough.

Oh, and then of course, there is the question of employment in Scrapsville. Do they have the same S.S. number? Do they look alike? Are the nuts?

Stay tune for more announcements from Granny the Announcer!

sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

Not sure if your original issue was addressed or not. You could try uninstalling all copies of SBMAX from your system and then install using the commercial version. That would be a good starting point, post back if this does not solve the issue.

Adam Kapilik

Comment

C2D,
                          Thank you for your welcome and a nice compliment . I read somewhere that women 'need' to express around 8,000 words a day and men around 3,000 - if that's true I think I may be gender-confused.
                          I'm really glad you did so well in your test today - congratulations C2D. You obviously studied very hard !!!!!!!

Granny,
                          I've heard about 'Scrapsville' - crazy little town that it is! Onie has mentioned it to me and invited me to consider citizenship, I mentioned it to my wife and she said, "They must need a village idiot!" - I think she was just trying to make sure she used up all of her words for the day!

As for the rack Granny, I'm more concerned about your matress but I won't go further with that, those that know nothing at all about 'Scrapsville' may misunderstand the meaning behind it - stinky thing it is!!!

Thank you for the warm welcome, I'm sure I'll fit in here just fine.

Adam,
                          Thanks for 'StOT' - yes, my original question was answered - I certainly appreciate you following up - more evidence of a supportive community.

I don't know how long to leave the thread open and, I didn't know if this 'Introduction' forum was controlled by a moderator (closing threads etc.). Does anyone know how it works, do I just close it when I feel welcome enough??

Kindest regards,
                          TerryW TerryW TerryW TerryW TerryW TerryW
                          Last edited by TerryW; 04-10-2007, 10:16 AM. Reason: Tag error - C2C replaced with C2D
                          My buddies are:

Chocolate Wisdom of Life

Some of them are hard.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryW View Post
                            C2D,
                            Thank you for your welcome and a nice compliment . I read somewhere that women 'need' to express around 8,000 words a day and men around 3,000 - if that's true I think I may be gender-confused.
                            I'm really glad you did so well in your test today - congratulations C2D. You obviously studied very hard !!!!!!!

Granny,
                            I've heard about 'Scrapsville' - crazy little town that it is! Onie has mentioned it to me and invited me to consider citizenship, I mentioned it to my wife and she said, "They must need a village idiot!" - I think she was just trying to make sure she used up all of her words for the day!

As for the rack Granny, I'm more concerned about your matress but I won't go further with that, those that know nothing at all about 'Scrapsville' may misunderstand the meaning behind it - stinky thing it is!!!

Thank you for the warm welcome, I'm sure I'll fit in here just fine.

Adam,
                            Thanks for 'StOT' - yes, my original question was answered - I certainly appreciate you following up - more evidence of a supportive community.

I don't know how long to leave the thread open and, I didn't know if this 'Introduction' forum was controlled by a moderator (closing threads etc.). Does anyone know how it works, do I just close it when I feel welcome enough??

Kindest regards,
                            That is ok Terry, my husband and I have our roles reversed too, He can talk your ear off. I am the person of few words in our family.

As far as a village idiot, don't worry about that, we don't need one, we blame everything on the apes!

Granny's mattress problem is under control. She pays me (Dr Marion, aka the duckter who is not a quack) lots of money for inkblob therapy. The old mattress is long gone, she just doesn't know it yet. So sssshhhhhhhh

Welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by TerryW View Post

Kindest regards,
                              Terry dont worry about closing the thread, they just stay open forever around here! One can never be welcomed enough! hehehe
                              Sooo you have heard about our Granny! Oh yes! You will fit in PERFECTLY!!

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Comment

Working...
                              X