Now for Something Different...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now for Something Different...

My name is Lee. My wife and I are the Southwest US distributors for Scrapbook MAX!. We live in north San Diego County with our geriatric cat, Alf (Alien Life Form).

On June 16 & 17, we are introducing SB MAX! at Scrapbook Expo at the SD Convention Center. 5000+ crazed scrappers are expected to attend. We want to print some of your templates from the Templates & Layouts Forum as examples of the creativity of the SB MAX! community. Of course, photos of any identifiable persons will be replaced with our own photos for which we have releases.

The purpose of this post is to introduce ourselves and give you a "heads up" so you don't suspect some sort of scam when we contact you for permission to use your template. The templates will NOT be sold, just printed on our wide format printers and displayed at our booth and in our Digital Photography Workshops.

Thanks for reading.

Lee, Mary & Alf
    www.thedigitalphotoguy.com
    Lee Otsubo
    The Digital Photo Guy

30,000+ Satisfied Students since 2001

Welcome Lee, Mary and ALF too!
    That sounds great!
    There are some lovely, talented people here that are very generous.

~Tammy

Comment

Hello & Welcome

Wow, wonderful, cool, awsome! Glad to know you will be in the US. Good luck at the show too. I have been to many in the past and your right, they are all really into it!
      sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
      !

nie

Comment

What a great cat!

Welcome!
        Good luck with the show.
        And what a great cat!
        I can picture a thought bubble saying, "Step away from the tuna!" Marnie
        Marnie

Comment

Hi Tammy & OnieRN

Hi Tammy & OnieRN,
          Couldn't tell where OnieRN is from but I see Tammy is from Texas. I lived in the Big D for 7 years and graduated from UTD.

Something I forgot to mention in my first post are the free Webcast classes we're developing for SBM. We're distributors so we sell to retail stores who don't want responsibility for support or training. We plan to offer free 30-minute classes via the Internet. Webcasting allows us to conduct live classes over the Internet. If you have suggestions for topics that should be covered in a "newbie" SBM class, please let me know.

With Webcasting, students sitting at their PC can see my PC screen, hear my voice and ask questions in "real-time". If I turn on my video camera, they can even see me but I rarely do that since they'd see that I'm wearing jammies at the office. ;-)

We also conduct other paid photography related webcasts including Digital Photography in 3 Hours and, coming soon to a PC near you, Digital SLR for New dSLR Owners. If anyone is interested in a free Webcast demo, you can sign up for a demo at my site. I generally conduct demos on Wednesday at 9AM or 7PM. Thanks for reading.

Lee
          Lee Otsubo
          The Digital Photo Guy

Comment

Lee, Mary Alf,

Good luck at the show! and thanks for thinking of us! There is excellent talent and many great layouts to showcase your products!

Let us all know how it goes!

Steve Russell
            sigpic
            Visit my aisle in the SBM store!
            My buddies are Granny, Moonbeam and Wolvsie35!

Comment

Hello Lee

I am in El Paso TX. I would love to be involved in a web class. I do not know what the time difference would be for the classes.

I love this program but still have questions from time to time! I was real excited because I finally was able to post on the gallery but right behind my postings came a bunch more, so my gallery postings were pushed on through and are no longer there. I was real disappointed because I had such a hard time getting them there, then was hoping to get a response from anyone, that they saw my LO's and how what other's thought of it. I had even told my sister in Arizona that I had posted on the gallery but she was unable to see them because they were already gone. My postings were posted about one hour.

I still have not been able to post to share my templets. I tried but just couldn't figure it out! I know it was the operator (me). I hear others speak of shrinking the size of the files and even changing colors of emblishments but I still have not figured any of that. I am however, having a blast with what I am doing!!!!
              sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
              !

nie

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by Marnie
                And what a great cat!
                I can picture a thought bubble saying, "Step away from the tuna!" Marnie
                Tuna! This cat (she prefers to think of herself as a short person in a fur coat) would turn up her nose at tuna. She only eats line caught, flash frozen, Atlantic salmon. In a pinch, she'll consider swordfish but only if it's grilled, not Cajun blackened. Thanks.

Lee
                Lee Otsubo
                The Digital Photo Guy

Comment

Thanks Steve,

After SD, we have a break til October when we're in Ontario, CA in October and Sacramento in Nov.

We're also considering a show in Austin, TX in Aug but, having lived in TX, Austin in August doesn't sound like fun. We're actually more interested in Photokina (bi-annual photography show) in Cologne,Germany in Sep. Choices, choices...

Lee
                  Lee Otsubo
                  The Digital Photo Guy

Comment

Hi OnieRN,
                    Another Texan! I haven't been to El Paso in a gazzillion years. In fact, I can't even remember why I was in El Paso except that it was probably something related to UTEP.

TX is 2 hours difference from CA so my 9AM demos would be 11AM and my 7PM demos would be 9PM. All you need is a PC connected to the Internet and a headset (headphone/microphone combo, about $20). You can use the speakers on most PC with a separate mic but it's better with a headset. Drop me a line anytime you want to demo the system. A demo will tell you if everything is working on your PC.

Lee
                    Lee Otsubo
                    The Digital Photo Guy

Comment

Stand corrected....

Originally posted by Lee
                      Tuna! This cat (she prefers to think of herself as a short person in a fur coat) would turn up her nose at tuna. She only eats line caught, flash frozen, Atlantic salmon. In a pinch, she'll consider swordfish but only if it's grilled, not Cajun blackened. Thanks.

Lee

Well then, I stand corrected. I can see a thought bubble saying, "Step away from the line caught, flash frozen, Atlantic salmon lady - it's all mine!!"

Marnie
                      Marnie

Comment

Good to see you on the forums, Lee. Just so everyone knows, Lee is indeed an approved reseller/distributor of Scrapbook MAX! I have talked to him many times and he is a neat guy. BTW, he is a digital photography expert so I am sure he would not mind fielding some of your photography related questions here on the forums.
                        Brett Kapilik
                        Indigo Rose Corporation

Comment

Gallery

Originally posted by OnieRN
                          I am in El Paso TX. I would love to be involved in a web class. I do not know what the time difference would be for the classes.

I love this program but still have questions from time to time! I was real excited because I finally was able to post on the gallery but right behind my postings came a bunch more, so my gallery postings were pushed on through and are no longer there. I was real disappointed because I had such a hard time getting them there, then was hoping to get a response from anyone, that they saw my LO's and how what other's thought of it. I had even told my sister in Arizona that I had posted on the gallery but she was unable to see them because they were already gone. My postings were posted about one hour.

I still have not been able to post to share my templets. I tried but just couldn't figure it out! I know it was the operator (me). I hear others speak of shrinking the size of the files and even changing colors of emblishments but I still have not figured any of that. I am however, having a blast with what I am doing!!!!
                          OnieRN - Your lay outs are still posted on the gallery. You just have to hit the "next" button above the pictures. You can also go to the members link and find it under the "O's" Your gallery. Any lay out posted there will stay in there.

Your layouts were very lovely and I did post a comment last night!

Hope this helps!

Marion

Comment

OnieRN - Here is the link to your very own personal gallery, so you'll always be able to find your scrapbook layouts online!

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/...500&ppuser=716
                            Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 is here!. It's simply better digital scrapbooking software!

Comment

Hi Lee, Mary and Alf and good luck with your show.
                              Love Bee
                              XXX

Comment

Working...
                              X