A WARM Hello from Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A WARM Hello from Florida

Hello to everybody.... My name is Angela and I live in Panama City, Florda. I am so glad I found this download..... I really didnt lhave time to scrap before i found this really easy and fun way to do it. I have so many other crafty things that I do, I really dont have the space to add anything else to the craft closet. So this is perfect...... any way I am a mother of 4 and wife of 11 years . I stay at home and take care of the kids, the house and my 86 year old Grandmother. I love to stay busy, hence all the craft things around the house...I guess my favorite craft at the present time is the scrapbook I am making for a 40year wedding anniversary gift. I am hoping to use this program to make some of the pages and/or embelishments for this gift. I have already checked out some of the threads here and everyone seems to be very helpful. Looking forward to talking with you all!!!!!

God Bless!!
    Angela
    Just keep swimming...swimming...swimming

Welcome the forums Angela, nice to have you join us.
    Scrapbook MAX! is the fun and easy digital scrapbooking software for Windows. Download a free trial version at .

Comment

Angela, Angela, crafty Angela.... you have found the right place! If you like being creative and making beautiful gifts, you've certainly found the right craft, program, family, forum, avenue, genre, etc. Glad you've joined us. Hope to see you around some more!
      Marnie

Comment

Thank you Thank you Thank you for the warm welcome........ I feel right at home.

Looking for some religious layouts....something with Jesus, soft looking any help would be great!!!!!! Thanks in advance.....

God Bless!!
        AngelaK
        Last edited by AngelaK; 07-04-2006, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Hi Angela,
          Well, let's see, there are certain shapes in the paper scrap shape gallery that might help. For example, there's a cross, fish, dove, and a book (to be used as a bible). I could also see you including some of the special words with definitions from the Inkster ABC embellishments. For example, believe, joy, love, and miracle, among others.
          I sure hope that helps!
          Marnie

Comment

Hi Angela - busy Angela - and welcome! The great thing about Scrapbook MAX is that you WILL find time for it because it's so fast and easy - really!! AND it's addictive.

As far as religious/Christian themed layouts, Marnie's suggestions above are excellent, and I could imagine you doing a lot of different things with those shapes. Check out the Inkster ABC kit (under Embelllishments in SBM) - it contains written out"definitions", some of which could be used in a religious album (e.g. "Abundance", "Transcend", etc.). Consider also using the journal text option to add in meaningful bible verses - I've done this for a wedding album. I chose a very fancy font, wrote out "The Greatest Of These Is Love", and then Faith, Hope, and Love in different sizes and fonts all over the page and applied it OVER the picture, like an overlay, and thought it looked really nice!

Also, though I would describe them as popular holiday albums rather than particularly religious ones, there are Easter and Christmas themed templates in SBM.

My other suggestion is to check on these forums in the Template Sharing Zone where people post templates they've made themselves for you to download and use. I don't recall seeing an alblum such as you've described, but maybe you could post a request for one there (people are VERY willing to share.) Or who knows? Maybe soon you'll be making your own favorite templates to share...

Template sharing is at:

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3

All the best - we'll be keeping our eyes out for the themes you've asked for and let you know what we see!

Karin
            Attached Files

Comment

very beautiful page you created karin, although I am creative in most things I do Im finding this a little intimidating. Im such a newbie to all of this, the most complex program I have ever used is the paint program in windows. I need some major help with confidence. I have only d/l the trial version of this program but really interested in buying the full version soon. ( have to buy school clothes first...lol 4 kids and they all need special colors thanks to the bay county school board....go public school!!!!! at least they wont have a problem with what to wear today.....ohhhh ya the same as yesterday...lol)
              Anyway I will keep plugging away and doing the trial and error thing til I get the hang of this. Thanks to all for all the input, this really is a great community.

Angela

Comment

I googled religious scrapbooking and found many sites, including:

http://www.christianbook.com/Christi...4542&p=1018818
                http://scrapbookingsuppliesrus.com/i...Path=57_94_101
                http://www.mypagesintime.com/shop/sc...oks/page1.html

Hope that gets you started!

Comment

An Important "policy"

And by the way Angela, we have a very strict "there is no such thing as a silly question" policy here! So if you do run into snags, no matter how much you "THINK" the answer might be obvious, just post the question. There is ALWAYS someone here to help. Chances are that your question is on at least a handful of other people's minds!! Happy scrapping....and check out those sites Sandy suggested!!
                  Marnie

Comment

Thank you both for all the help. I will check out the sites you suggested Sandy. and Marnie I am one lady full of questions. Next time I wont feel foolish about asking...Thanks again.....

HUGS and God Bless
                    AngelaK

Comment

Working...
                    X