Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever fry their Motherboard before?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Anyone ever fry their Motherboard before?

    I sure did! I may have to get a new computer but at least I didn't lose my HD. I am going to go buy a lottery ticket. I KNOW I am gonna win. Bad luck comes in 3's right? My stove died, My car crapped the bed and now my computer ..yup...gonna win that lottery. Mark bought me a new car last week and we are picking up my new stove tomorrow...computer is gonna have to wait till after Christmas. I'm using my old one right now and WOW is it slow hehehe.


    My Bud's 'R' Marion, Verleen and Jormanoy
    Love is not blind. It sees more not less and because it sees more, it's willing to see less.

  • #2
    Whow Wiz consider yourself lucky..........When our car went on the blink my husband bought me new running shoes, when our stove gave up he bought me a new electric frying pan, when my washer went on the blink he bought a new cart so that I could lug my closes to the laundry matt, although I shouldn't complain too much he does give me the change for the washing machines there. Now the toilet seems to be in trouble and that really scares me because I have seen him looking at buckets in the hardware store............I think I will go on your advice and buy myself a ticket..........xoxoxo
    sigpic....

    Comment


    • #3
      I had a motherboard fry on me in a wind storm.Not fun at all.Best of luck to you.
      sigpic
      My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst



      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Smile View Post
        Whow Wiz consider yourself lucky..........When our car went on the blink my husband bought me new running shoes, when our stove gave up he bought me a new electric frying pan, when my washer went on the blink he bought a new cart so that I could lug my closes to the laundry matt, although I shouldn't complain too much he does give me the change for the washing machines there. Now the toilet seems to be in trouble and that really scares me because I have seen him looking at buckets in the hardware store............I think I will go on your advice and buy myself a ticket..........xoxoxo
        Just too dang funny for this early in the day!

        Comment


        • #5
          Oh, my word, when I first saw the heading I thought it said, "Have you ever fried your mother"!!! I mean, ok, I know parents get really cantanquerous when they get old, but frying them? Come on!!!

          I have fried so many computers, I can't even remember. It all started with Herby Hector the first. That is why I started a new dynesty with Frida Frijoles. She fried too! I'm on the second one now.

          sigpic

          Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

          Please visit my Max Store

          Comment


          • #6
            Yeah, I used to be on the board of mothers and been fried... all the tasks a mother has to go through each day...

            Oh, wait... that's not what yer askin'...

            Um, yeah... these confounded computers sure don't live up to all the technology they put in 'em, huh! Write to Santa, Liz!!

            Hey, Eye, I have a portable commode in the shed if you need it! LOL!
            Diana


            Be good to your favorite designer (I used to be one!) by LETTING THEM KNOW how much you appreciate their work!

            Comment


            • #7
              Sorry to hear of your misfortunes, but I have to ask...what was the car doing in the bed in the first place?!
              -=poppabob=-
              If I slip and fall please get a hold of crops2dawn or OnieRN to pick me back up!

              Comment


              • #8
                We had it happen once when it was lightening out, thankfully Dell replaced it under warranty
                Be Happy

                Comment


                • #9
                  My lappy gets very hot these days, but in techie land she's an old gal and her age is telling, is very slow, her memory is poor and she struggles to do things that were easy for her when she was young! She's not got long before she leaves this world

                  Windows 7 will be coming home soon
                  My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Confounded, Eng... How many times do I have to ask you not to talk about me in the forum? I thought we were pals. You letting every one know every thing I tell you!!!

                    sigpic

                    Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

                    Please visit my Max Store

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Granny View Post
                      Confounded, Eng... How many times do I have to ask you not to talk about me in the forum? I thought we were pals. You letting every one know every thing I tell you!!!

                      Confounded, Eng... How many times do I have to ask you not to talk about me in the forum? I thought we were pals. You letting every one know every thing I tell you!!!
                      ____________________
                      Comparatif mutuelle sante complémentaire | Deviscomplémentaire comparatif mutuelle sante

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I build my own computers (as in buy the parts and put them together). I have had more go out than I care to count in hte last 15 years. Usually though it is the power supply not the motherboard that goes out.

                        I keep 3 going around here. Last time my own motherboard went out I couldn't afford to get a new one cause would have had to buy all new other parts as they keep coming up with new standards that don't match the old parts so went to a junk shop and got a used one. It is slow but works and that is what really counts.

                        Keyboards is my big "I fried it" They tend to drown a lot

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by KeeKee View Post
                          I build my own computers (as in buy the parts and put them together). I have had more go out than I care to count in hte last 15 years. Usually though it is the power supply not the motherboard that goes out.

                          I keep 3 going around here. Last time my own motherboard went out I couldn't afford to get a new one cause would have had to buy all new other parts as they keep coming up with new standards that don't match the old parts so went to a junk shop and got a used one. It is slow but works and that is what really counts.

                          Keyboards is my big "I fried it" They tend to drown a lot
                          HAHAHA..Funny you should mention this. I have been putting computers together since I bought my first at radio Shack back in 89(?) I have 3 computers in the house...and not a single one of them can I mix parts in! I was ticked! Oh well...I will tell you this....if you have more than 2 XTHD's hooked up make sure you buy a bigger fan! I have never had a board fry. It has always been a HD or something else. I too am hard on Keyboards. I decided to buy more memory for Mikki's computer and just wait till I get my new one configured and shipped


                          My Bud's 'R' Marion, Verleen and Jormanoy
                          Love is not blind. It sees more not less and because it sees more, it's willing to see less.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X