Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Question For All Designers - - -

Hey designers -

I have a friend who has her own business for graphic design, and of course she has been using a mac for YEARS. She has a pretty great new job opportunity involving her church - they will GIVE her the programs she needs to do the job, but they are PC based. Since she does not want to spend the $$$$$$ to buy the programs for mac, she's contemplating switching her whole work station to PC - but as most mac users are, she's skeptical of PC. I've assured her that pc's have come a long way in the past 20 years, but I'd also like to give her some extra input.

So I'm just curious, how many of you work on a MAC and how many work on a PC??

Thanks for your input!

Kristy

I have PC,, I have never tried a Mac. so I cannot compare,,But I LOVe My Pc

Comment

PC.
      My daughters music teacher uses a Mac because he says they are better for business, that's his only reason.
      My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

I've always had a PC and always had one at work. I think I worked briefly on a Mac years ago. People in graphics always say that Macs are best for graphics.
        Julie

Comment

I do all my work on pcs. I use it not only for graphics but also for accounting and many other things. Although Macs have always been known for better graphics, I think most people, including designers, can do quite well with pcs.

I would definetely make the switch.
          sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

I've been using a PC since 1987...tried a Mac once, ummm, I'll keep it to myself, LOL! Have had my own home-based web development business since 1996 -- always been on a PC, always will be on a PC. My current PC is a HP Compaq Presario, excellent machine, works well with all my graphics and other web development programs/software. Never any problems. I do ALL my web development work, my household work, and my play stuff on this PC and I love it. And it's working out excellently with my Scrapbook Max software.

Tell her to come on over to our side -- the grass is green over here, too!
            Diana

Be good to your favorite designer (I used to be one!) by LETTING THEM KNOW how much you appreciate their work!

Comment

Used both for many years, but I'm partial to a PC, just for cost reasons. Hardware cost less, more processing power , more software available, largest market share for development (you would not believe what a pain it is, used to be to develop an app to work on both!)

Luke... You can't imagine the power of the dark side... I am your father.
              Last edited by srussell; 01-13-2007, 09:35 PM.
              sigpic
              Visit my aisle in the SBM store!
              My buddies are Granny, Moonbeam and Wolvsie35!

Comment

Originally posted by srussell View Post
                I am your father.
                My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

Thanks for all of the great input, my friends! Keep it coming!

Comment

Working...
                  X