Have A MaJoR Problem with my program!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have A MaJoR Problem with my program!

It is freezing up or for lack of better understanding it just stops working. It is usually when I am using the embellishment mode. I have a huge hard drive, Norton anti virus soft ware and I am very frustrated as I am on a deadline to complete an album for a client and I hate to lose my work and start over again after doing it already twice before.
    Please help!

Sounds A Little Familar

Keepsakes, I have experienced the same thing but mine closes out rather than freezing. I too have lost my work. Word of suggestion is to save every few minutes. I have McAfee running, and I have plenty of hard space too. It is weird, but I still love my program. I'm sure it is related to something in my computer rather than software..... This is such a wonderful program!

Hope you figure it out.

nie
    sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
    !

nie

Comment

Try to drag and drop your files. I have been using the program that way and it is just soooo much faster and easier then trying to access anything from within the program. I don't have the patience to wait each time, so for me that has been proven to work much faster and easier. I put a short cut to the folders right on my desktop and use Scrapbook max in a smaller screen. It also shows better what colors and backgrounds go better, because both screens are open.
      See if that doesn't work for you. Let me know.

Marion

Comment

I am having the same problem with this program freezing up. When I import a picture it shows the box come up and when I hit ok the picture goes in but the box won't go away. Sometimes if I reduce the program at the top and then maximize it - Its ok and then it does it again when I'm putting in an embellishment- If i reduce and maximize again- I see my desktop and I don't have anything there. I'm very frustrated with this. I'm wondering if it could be that I only have 128 RAM. I'm thinking it must be this because I have plenty of memory left on this computer. Maybe its time to get another computer. Hmmm. I really like this program but I'd hate to get a new computer and still have this problem. Any suggestions?
        Lisa

Comment

128 MB of RAM is really not enough for working on high-resolution images. Especially if you have an anti-virus program running in the background, which can use up a big chunk of memory and slow everything down even on a fast computer. (Norton in particular is one of the most inefficient virus programs out there, it's a huge resource hog.)

Having lots of hard drive space doesn't affect your computer's speed, it just gives you more room to store stuff.

Even on a slow computer, Scrapbook MAX will work, if you wait long enough, but you'll need to be very patient.

I would recommend upgrading to 1 GB if you can, or at the very least 512 MB.

Alternatively, you can try reducing the size and/or resolution of your pages -- the bigger the page, and the higher the resolution (DPI), the more room you need in your computer's RAM.

You might also want to adjust the performance settings in Scrapbook MAX. Choose Edit > Preferences, and click on the Performance category. Setting scaling and rotation to "Favor speed over quality" will speed things up if you have a slow CPU. Setting the Page cache size to 1 will speed things up if you don't have much RAM.
          Lorne ( )
          Scrapbook MAX! Software Developer

Comment

Lorne,
            Thank you. I did both of the above. I switched the resolution from 200 to 100. It seems to be working alot better. Atleast I can still play until I get more speed. Again - Thank so much.
            Lisa

Comment

Glad to hear it helped.

Just keep in mind that reducing the resolution will reduce the print quality. How noticeable it is depends on a lot of factors, though, such as the quality of your printer...

If you're making scrapbooks to display online, or to show on a TV, etc. then the lower resolution won't matter. (In fact you could probably reduce the page size even further by using one of the "screen" size presets, which are optimized for on-screen viewing.)
              Lorne ( )
              Scrapbook MAX! Software Developer

Comment

I will try the drag and drop method today. I have a 1 GB computer and I am printing out my images with an epson 1800 large format printer so I do need to keep the dpi up somewhat.
                I also LOVE this program and I think that is why I am so frustrated. i want it to keep working for me!
                Question?
                if I drag and drop say a paper embellishment can I then use the SBM program to change the shape etc?Do you think it will work correctly for me then? you see that is when the program starts to go wacky on me and stops working. when I am switching back and forth between the different types of uses.

Comment

OK, well, I made sure I saved after every change today thank goodness! and I dragged and dropped when I could. I wanted to use the butterfly kit in the SBM program though and sure enough as soon as I clicked on embellishments and clicked the the butterfly file everything froze. It just stopped responding! I couldn't turn off the program save anything nothing. I had absolutely nothing else open on my computer.
                  Are we sure there isn't a glitch in the software that could be fixed with a patch or something?

Help. otherwise I am going to have to go buy a new program and learn how to use it and I don't want to do that. I like this one too much. I have been singing it's praise all over the Internet! =)

Comment

You can still drag and drop. Shrink your scrapbook max program and go to: My computer/program files/scrapbookmax/gallery/images. That is where the entire contents is stored. Click and open the folder you wish to use and drag and drop from there. Same content, just coming in through the back door.
                    It is the only way I use the program. In fact you can shorten the entire procedure by putting a shortcut to the Gallery on your desk top.

Let me know if it works.

Marion

Comment

Originally posted by Keepsakes
                      I am very frustrated as I am on a deadline to complete an album for a client
                      I am interested to hear about your business. Tell us more!

Please visit my SBM store!

Comment

Thanks so much Marion! it takes a little more time but I get the job done.

by the way the new update downloaded without a problem / Norton anti virus and all!
                        I am blessed in that respect!
                        Patty:

Comment

I love this program too. I haven't had any problems with freezing, but sometimes my memory gets low when I do a layout with lots of elements etc. I have 512mb ram, but I think I'll have to upgrade soon. Maybe you have another program installed that is in conflict with SBM, I've had this problem before with other software. Good Luck!
                          Carol

Comment

I just added some extra ram, upto 2GB now, Love it! I always have multiple programs open.

Marion

Comment

Locking and freezing

Hi,
                              I'm new here but I've experienced the same things with Windows Movie Maker. My husband keeps saying not only does the resolution and memory have to be just right but the graphics card plays apart of the freezing also. If your computer is having a hard time generating the graphics it can freeze and lock up also. Just thought this might help you out also.

YolandaS
                              Yo

Comment

Working...
                              X