Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Digital Pen & Tablet

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Digital Pen & Tablet

    After watching Corey's Video on making Embellishments in FAQ, I was wondering what a Digital Tablet was. He didn't use one, he just mentioned it. So I started researching (I love new gadgets!). Now I'm thinking of getting a Wacom 6" x 8". Do any of you have feedback on this? They also have a smaller one, a 4" x 5", but people reviewed it saying, they liked it even if the space was a little small. If you have one, what kind, how big, what do you use it for? Thank You so very much!

  • #2
    I've asked for one of these for my birthday!


    Please visit my SBM store!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by juliehclark
      I've asked for one of these for my birthday!
      The same one that I mentioned? What are you going to use it for? Thanks!!

      Comment


      • #4
        I'll proably go for the small one because of price.

        I'm looking forward to making lots of doodles and word art. I know there are TONS of uses for it - I'm sure I will figure it out when I get it!


        Please visit my SBM store!

        Comment


        • #5
          Hi... I got one of those, and is the small one. I figure I would try it out, and if I used it enough, I could always get a more expensive one. Well, this one is just great, I bought it to trace some shapes. Making a background transparent is not always the answer, so I trace the shape. PSP can trace shapes , but I like using the tablet better for some things. Also, for word art, if you have pretty handwriting and want a personal touch, this is the way to go.

          And, or course, if you're an artist, then drawing with the pen is much easier than using the mouse. I would do a search on Google and find sites where they share their work or have tutorials. I don't use my tablet a lot, but it's nice to have it around for when I do need it.

          Granny
          sigpic

          Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

          Please visit my Max Store

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Granny
            Hi... I got one of those, and is the small one. I figure I would try it out, and if I used it enough, I could always get a more expensive one. Well, this one is just great, I bought it to trace some shapes. Making a background transparent is not always the answer, so I trace the shape. PSP can trace shapes , but I like using the tablet better for some things. Also, for word art, if you have pretty handwriting and want a personal touch, this is the way to go.

            And, or course, if you're an artist, then drawing with the pen is much easier than using the mouse. I would do a search on Google and find sites where they share their work or have tutorials. I don't use my tablet a lot, but it's nice to have it around for when I do need it.

            Granny
            Thanks for all the Info. I went ahead and bought the bigger one. I got it on Ebay today at about $50 less than they sell it in the stores, so it's good deal! I'm looking forward to playing with it. I have PSP too. I'm trying to learn how to do more than adjust the coloring and cropping! I want to learn more about creating embellishments, changing/removing backgrounds, and today I did figure out how to remove a background and make the remaining picture a .png file, with the background transparent!! Thanks for the idea to go out to google and research! I'll be sure and do that.

            Comment


            • #7
              Hey, I was just kidding.... You don't have to do it!!!!

              Granny
              sigpic

              Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

              Please visit my Max Store

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Granny
                Hey, I was just kidding.... You don't have to do it!!!!

                Granny
                You are too funny!!! I love going out and researching things! LOL!!! If you wouldn't have wrote I would have any ways!

                Comment


                • #9
                  I have the Wacom Sapphire - a small one 4 x 5. I bought it because the 12" x 12" Wacom I have is just too large to handle and most things I work with are on a smaller scale. Wacom is top of the line and I would suggest it to anyone who wants to draw on their computer. It takes a little getting used to because your hand is on the tablet while you are looking up at your computer.

                  Like granny said, it's great for tracing and doing freehand objects. You won't be disappointed if you get one.
                  sigpic

                  Granny, MaggieMae and Moonbeam are my buddies!!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I have the same one......I could not do half of the graphic work I do with out it!!!!
                    Have a great day!!! ..........Wendy
                    Come see my kits in the ScrapbookMax! Store!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by WendyG
                      I have the same one......I could not do half of the graphic work I do with out it!!!!
                      I'm so glad to hear that! I'm looking forward to getting mine!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Ladybug
                        I have the Wacom Sapphire - a small one 4 x 5. I bought it because the 12" x 12" Wacom I have is just too large to handle and most things I work with are on a smaller scale. Wacom is top of the line and I would suggest it to anyone who wants to draw on their computer. It takes a little getting used to because your hand is on the tablet while you are looking up at your computer.

                        Like granny said, it's great for tracing and doing freehand objects. You won't be disappointed if you get one.
                        Thanks! I can't wait to get mine!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Some useful tablet features

                          Just about any serious photographer uses a graphics tablet. I have several different models and sizes (all from www.wacom.com) so here are some features you might want to look for.

                          Size - The smallest might cramp your style but the biggest will just get in the way unless you have a large dedicated workspace. I like the 6x8 tablet best.

                          Programmable Keys - VERY useful. You'll still find moments when mouse buttons are needed. Some tablets have buttons built in so you don't have to reach for a separate mouse. BTW, I've never used the mouse that comes with my tablets. My optical mouse is much more comfortable.

                          Bluetooth - The ultimate in depraved luxury. I'm no longer tethered to my PC but can move around w/o fear of knocking over my coffe mug.

                          Pen Pressure Levels - 512 is nice but 1024 is better. When you get better with your tablet, you'll wish you had more precise pressure levels. This detects how hard you're pressing on the pen and translates into darker/lighter or thicker/thinner actions.

                          It takes a while to get used to a pen but it's worth the effort if you're serious about photography or graphics.
                          Lee Otsubo
                          The Digital Photo Guy

                          30,000+ Satisfied Students since 2001

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Toots if you are looking for a site with PSP info try http://tricks.onigo.net, there are lots of 1 and 2 minute lessons on it. I just found it last night and am very excited! I found several things there that I didn't know! Lots of fun!

                            stephanie

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X