Transfer problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer problems

I am attempting to transfer my project to my new laptop but when I open them, I have errors with missing embellishments....... Why? nie
    sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
    !

nie

Hi Onie.... I might be wrong, but I think that until you publish your template, the embellishments are not really saved with the file, there is just a pointer there, making a reference to where the embie actually resides in your puter. At least, other programs do that. So you need to transfer the embies you used to the new location along with the template.

But, I'm sure one of the gurus will help you with a more accurate answer. So why did I put my worthless 2 cents in? Cause I miss you and wanted an excuse to give you a hard time!!!

Granny
    sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

Oh Granny

I miss you too!!! I will hope to get a better explaination. I'm really not sure about my markers being there. Does that mean I need to publish all my books before I move them? Or need to start re inserting stuff into the other place markers???

Onie

sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
      !

nie

Comment

No, Onie, I'm sorry, I was not clear. And I don't want to keep talking, because I may be wrong, and I will get you even more confused. Let's wait for the developers to splain... Who knows, they might even explain it!

Hey, Onie, don't you think is way too quiet here lalety? We need to do something to rile up this bunch!

Granny
        sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Granny View Post
          No, Onie, I'm sorry, I was not clear. And I don't want to keep talking, because I may be wrong, and I will get you even more confused. Let's wait for the developers to splain... Who knows, they might even explain it!

Hey, Onie, don't you think is way too quiet here lalety? We need to do something to rile up this bunch!

Granny
          Rile, rile, rile.....

How's that Granny. feel better now?

Marion

Comment

All of your Scrapbook MAX! projects are stored in:

\My Documents\Scrapbook MAX!\Projects\

Simply burn that folder (or any individual folder inside there) to a CD-ROM or DVD-ROM to create a permanent backup.

To transfer them to a new computer, install Scrapbook MAX! on your new system and then copy your projects back to the same location. That's it!
            Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 is here!. It's simply better digital scrapbooking software!

Comment

Thanks Marion.... I feel like a new person... You've made my day!

Max.... Was I correct in my assumption. I would like to know in case this comes up again, and because I use an image editor that does this. Textures are not saved with a project. So I wonder if in Max, embellishments are not really saved with the project, the software simply makes a reference to its location to save it when exported? Thank you for your help.

Granny
              sigpic

Comment

Hi Granny

I'm new to scrap-booking; but I know graphics making.

From a graphics perspective it's a matter of file types. Let me explain:

Scrap-booking from what I can tell uses .jpg and .gif file types for the base of the project. These are singular image file types.

However there are other file types that allow layering. (.psd's, .psp's, .pngs, .ufo's, etc.) In those file types you can save it all in the same file as seperate layers/objects/images without the images merging into one solid image. (You need an advanced paint program for access to those file types- the above file types are used in Adobe PS, Paint Shop Pro and Photo Impact.)

You can't do that with a .jpg or .gif ... think of it this way... Say you have a piece of cellophane and you add ten other layers of cellophane (each one with a different image) you can save those and get to each of the layers later. That would be a file type that allows you to save using layers. Since cellophane is clear when you put them on top of each other it looks like one image; it's actually several layers.

But if you melt those layers into one piece of cellophane you can no longer have access to each layer. A .jpg and a .gif is like that melted piece of cellophane. The project is saved using a singular file type (.jpg and .gif), if you were to save it you merge all the images as one. So instead of melting the project together the program saves the project and inserts markers where the remaining images will be after they are melted as one. (Because they are using .jpg and .gif for the project base).

Not sure what the programmers will say- but that's my best guess from a graphics perspective. (Eight years of making graphics). It's hard to explain layers so I hope I did okay.

Persidio
                Last edited by Persidio; 04-12-2007, 06:38 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X