Font Management

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Font Management

After receiving the free gift from the weekly challenge (Thanks!), I noticed after loading it that one of the fonts wasn't on my system. Naturally I had to run out and find it right away. It got me to thinking about how new folks keep track of the fonts on their system so I thought I would share this link.

This is an old program but still works very well for me. I find I'm winding up with quite a few different fonts on my system and this program helps me to keep track of them. It's also great for when I'm looking for "just the right font" in a layout as I can easily browse through all my fonts and look at them at various sizes by adjusting a simple slider or adding my own sample text.

AND it's free. The Font Thing

I'm curious if anyone else uses anything similar. I'm a software junkie and I love to try different stuff!
    -=poppabob=-
    If I slip and fall please get a hold of crops2dawn or OnieRN to pick me back up!

The Font Thing

I just got the Font Thing - it came installed on my new computer! It's wonderful! I've been collecting fonts for so long - I have over 800 and the program keeps them organized and easy to install and uninstall. How did I ever live without it?!

Where did you find the font in the template? I already used the template without the font Julie used and have forgotten the name of it. I would love to add it to my over 800 fonts (LOL)!
    Last edited by MaggieMae; 09-08-2006, 08:47 PM.
    Julie

Comment

Found it here. The name of the font was CoolDots.
      -=poppabob=-
      If I slip and fall please get a hold of crops2dawn or OnieRN to pick me back up!

Comment

Thank U!

Thanks for the info! I'm glad you posted something about The Font Thing - most scrapbookers collect fonts and it's invaluable!
        Julie

Comment

I got this long ago (from one of the message boards I frequent) and yeah, it's a great little program with a great price

Comment

Question.... I'm getting this message when I run Setup:

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.

If I proceed with the installation, is this going to run on my system (XP)???
            God determines who walks into your life... It's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

Kathie

Check out my goodies in the SBM store

Comment

Hmmm...I'm not sure. I didn't use the setup file. I downloaded the second one on that link and then just unzipped it into it's own directory and ran it from there.

I'm on XP too and it's running fine.

Wish I could be more help.
              -=poppabob=-

Comment

I use mine on xp also, should work, try again

Marion

Comment

i :heart tft

Please visit my SBM store!

Comment

I just downloaded it. I will let you all know how I like it.. :-) thanks
                    Binkey

Comment

Okay..... I downloaded the one without the install file and just ran the program.... it works fine! Thanks!!!
                      God determines who walks into your life... It's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

Kathie

Check out my goodies in the SBM store

Comment

Question with downloading this

When I went to the download, it has 2 options. Under each option it has 3 parts. Do you have to download 1 option then all 3 parts below that? I saved the first one and when I openned it, it has a bunch of folders. Not real sure where to start. LOL......... It has been one of those mornings! I've had lots of questions.

nie
                        sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
                        !

nie

Comment

Originally posted by OnieRN View Post
                          When I went to the download, it has 2 options. Under each option it has 3 parts. Do you have to download 1 option then all 3 parts below that? I saved the first one and when I openned it, it has a bunch of folders. Not real sure where to start. LOL......... It has been one of those mornings! I've had lots of questions.

nie
                          It's not three parts dear. It's just three alternate places you can download from. My recommendation is to grab the second one and then just upzip it into it's own folder and then create a shortcut from there.
                          -=poppabob=-

Comment

Need Help With This Program

PoppaBob, the system requirements do not include Window's XP. Did I get the wrong one or does it not work? I also was looking around and could not see how to install my current collection of fonts into this software. Am I out of luck with this software?

nie
                            sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
                            !

nie

Comment

Originally posted by OnieRN View Post
                              PoppaBob, the system requirements do not include Window's XP. Did I get the wrong one or does it not work? I also was looking around and could not see how to install my current collection of fonts into this software. Am I out of luck with this software?

nie
                              It runs fine on my XP system. I didn't mess with the setup version. I got the other one. It's the second one on the website. Unzip it into it's own directory. I used Program Files\The Font Thing. Just run it from there and it will show all the fonts that are currently installed. What I do when I get a new font is put it in the Windows\Fonts directory, open up The Font Thing and then find the new font in the list, right click on it and install.

The help file has some good information in it. Be aware that if you uninstall a font it goes to the Recycle Bin. ALWAYS like anything else make a BACKUP of your font directory before messing around in there.

Hope this helps.
                              -=poppabob=-

Comment

Working...
                              X