replied
    Font Manager

Here's another FREE font manager

Web site: http://www.ampsoft.net

Leave a comment:

• poppabob
    replied
    Originally posted by OnieRN View Post
    PoppaBob, the system requirements do not include Window's XP. Did I get the wrong one or does it not work? I also was looking around and could not see how to install my current collection of fonts into this software. Am I out of luck with this software?

nie
    It runs fine on my XP system. I didn't mess with the setup version. I got the other one. It's the second one on the website. Unzip it into it's own directory. I used Program Files\The Font Thing. Just run it from there and it will show all the fonts that are currently installed. What I do when I get a new font is put it in the Windows\Fonts directory, open up The Font Thing and then find the new font in the list, right click on it and install.

The help file has some good information in it. Be aware that if you uninstall a font it goes to the Recycle Bin. ALWAYS like anything else make a BACKUP of your font directory before messing around in there.

Hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• OnieRN
    replied
    Need Help With This Program

PoppaBob, the system requirements do not include Window's XP. Did I get the wrong one or does it not work? I also was looking around and could not see how to install my current collection of fonts into this software. Am I out of luck with this software?

nie

Leave a comment:

• poppabob
    replied
    Originally posted by OnieRN View Post
    When I went to the download, it has 2 options. Under each option it has 3 parts. Do you have to download 1 option then all 3 parts below that? I saved the first one and when I openned it, it has a bunch of folders. Not real sure where to start. LOL......... It has been one of those mornings! I've had lots of questions.

nie
    It's not three parts dear. It's just three alternate places you can download from. My recommendation is to grab the second one and then just upzip it into it's own folder and then create a shortcut from there.

Leave a comment:

• OnieRN
    replied
    Question with downloading this

When I went to the download, it has 2 options. Under each option it has 3 parts. Do you have to download 1 option then all 3 parts below that? I saved the first one and when I openned it, it has a bunch of folders. Not real sure where to start. LOL......... It has been one of those mornings! I've had lots of questions.

nie

Leave a comment:

• GrannyScraps
    replied
    Okay..... I downloaded the one without the install file and just ran the program.... it works fine! Thanks!!!

Leave a comment:

• lilbinkey
    replied
    I just downloaded it. I will let you all know how I like it.. :-) thanks
    Binkey

Leave a comment:

• juliehclark
    replied
    i :heart tft

Leave a comment:

• Marion
    replied
    I use mine on xp also, should work, try again

Marion

Leave a comment:

• poppabob
    replied
    Hmmm...I'm not sure. I didn't use the setup file. I downloaded the second one on that link and then just unzipped it into it's own directory and ran it from there.

I'm on XP too and it's running fine.

Wish I could be more help.

Leave a comment:

• GrannyScraps
    replied
    Question.... I'm getting this message when I run Setup:

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.

If I proceed with the installation, is this going to run on my system (XP)???

Leave a comment:

• Jezza
    replied
    I got this long ago (from one of the message boards I frequent) and yeah, it's a great little program with a great price

Leave a comment:

• MaggieMae
    replied
    Thank U!

Thanks for the info! I'm glad you posted something about The Font Thing - most scrapbookers collect fonts and it's invaluable!

Leave a comment:

• poppabob
    replied
    Found it here. The name of the font was CoolDots.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X