Copyrighted Embellishments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copyrighted Embellishments

What steps need to be take to turn a picture/embellishment that you see into your own, and so that it is no longer copyrighted. Redrawing and painting it? What if you pull something out of a picture and create a embellishment? Taking an embellishment from somewhere else, and erasing the background so that it's .png? Just wondering if I'm on the right track or not? Thanks!

Originally posted by GrandmaDee View Post
    What steps need to be take to turn a picture/embellishment that you see into your own, and so that it is no longer copyrighted. Redrawing and painting it? What if you pull something out of a picture and create a embellishment? Taking an embellishment from somewhere else, and erasing the background so that it's .png? Just wondering if I'm on the right track or not? Thanks!
    I'll take a stab at this question:

If you see it somewhere else it is not your own and altering does not make it your own, it is still copyright to the original creator. The only items that are your own are those that YOU create from scratch using a graphics program or by scanning an actual item in with your scanner such as a spoon for example.
    You must still be cautious with scanning things in with patterns on them like fabric, someone else designed the image on that fabric so that image theoretically belongs to whomever created it.
    Have a great day!!! ..........Wendy
    Come see my kits in the ScrapbookMax! Store!!

Comment

Well said, Wendy...... just because you have "played" with an image does not make it "yours".....
      God determines who walks into your life... It's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

Kathie

Check out my goodies in the SBM store

Comment

Thank You Both:

That sure clears up a lot of what I have been thinking! Thanks so much!!

Comment

Well put... Wendy

Just an additional note, you should not post embellishments or fonts to this or any other forum that YOU personally didn't create!
          sigpic
          Visit my aisle in the SBM store!
          My buddies are Granny, Moonbeam and Wolvsie35!

Comment

Working...
          X