SBM became EXTREMELY slow...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBM became EXTREMELY slow...

This is addressed to the computer geeks (I say that in a good way!). I've been using SBM for about 3 months. I've done about 20 layouts. I noticed the program was rather slow, but now this weekend, it's almost come to a grinding halt. It takes 5 minutes to open a page, 5-7 minutes to move an element, you get the picture.

My computer is only 1 1/2 yrs old, is a Pentium 4 at 2.8GHz, has 512 RAM, Windows XP, and an 80 GB hard drive (which is about 75% full). I've run check disk, run an anti-virus program daily, ran Ad-Aware, SpyBot, and Ewido. I uninstalled and re-installed SBM. I also deleted most of my layouts (after backing them up, of course). None of these things has made any difference. I've been downloading elements from the internet, but I put them into a separate folder, not under SBM.

When the program bogs down, I look at Task Manager, and here's what concerns me: The Memory Usage shows that SBM is using anywhere from 280,000 to 370,000, while the next biggest program is using about 7,000. Why is SBM using so much? Is this normal? It's also showing that there's only about 6,000 to 13,000 physical memory available, and the page file usage shows 959 MB. A computer friend told me this indicates not enough RAM, but I've been running the program for 3 months, so I don't know why I would suddenly not have enough RAM.

Any suggestions? I can't use my program at all. I have PSE2, but SBM is so much easier to use, that I don't want to abandon SBM.

Thanks very much.

Pat
    Last edited by PatH; 09-18-2006, 07:20 AM.

I'm interested to hear responses to this too because mine is running very slow too and I have a brand new kick butt Dell desktop so it is not my pc.

Comment

It seems faster now that I downloaded the upgrade that was released on 09/11/06.

Comment

Working...
      X