Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questin: Why is it that when I ..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questin: Why is it that when I ..........

Question: Why is it that when I upload an .smt file to my website does it download as a .zip file. Is there something I should be doing to make it auto install where it's supposed to?
    sigpic

Granny, MaggieMae and Moonbeam are my buddies!!!

MMmm ? No help yet on this question Ladybug - maybe a bit of clarification on what the problem is .
    In our Exclusively for Scrapbook Max section in our new webstore the files are made in Scrapbook Max and are for Scrapbook Max users - they are uploaded to the site as .smt files .. but when we test downloaded them they do not auto install and they now appear as .zip files???
    How do we get them to Auto install when downloaded?
    Can't figure out why the file extension changes..any help would be appreciated

Comment

Hi Guys & Girls,

I've notice this problem for quite a while as well and had posted a couple of threads months ago... I believe it is has something to do with "mime" type on the host server. Technically, the smb & smt files are "zip" files, so the server (at least mine anyway) interprets them that way. Unfortunately, the only workaround at the moment is to download the "zip" file and rename the file extension to ".smt" or ".smb".

The only place I've seen the templates/booster packs come down intact in on this forum... Anyone else got anything different?

Maybe we can get Desmond or someone else at IR to look into this problem for us.

Dud you get all that? They'll be a test next Tuesday...
      sigpic
      Visit my aisle in the SBM store!
      My buddies are Granny, Moonbeam and Wolvsie35!

Comment

I just gave it a try on my website and they download and install correctly

You could put your smt files in zip format Before you upload them to your site and the person downloading them would have to unzip them before the install.....give that a try

Bobby Bear

Here are the two versions for you to try.
        The first is the .smt file
        and the second is the same file in zip format.

http://www.tinytotbooks.com/Download...d%20Poster.smt
        http://www.tinytotbooks.com/Download...d%20Poster.zip
        Last edited by Bobby Bear; 09-28-2006, 08:23 AM.
        [My newest websites]

Comment

As Steve suggests, the issue is that your server is not passing the correct MIME types back to the browser, and is defaulting to a generic binary file, like a ZIP. It's really easy to fix, but it needs to be set up in your web server software, so you'll need to discuss that with your web hosting company.
          Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 is here!. It's simply better digital scrapbooking software!

Comment

Thanks Guys for all the input.
            We gathered it was something to do with the web site but needed to make sure. thanks again for your help

Comment

Originally posted by Scrapbook MAX! View Post
              As Steve suggests, the issue is that your server is not passing the correct MIME types back to the browser, and is defaulting to a generic binary file, like a ZIP. It's really easy to fix, but it needs to be set up in your web server software, so you'll need to discuss that with your web hosting company.
              Can someone forward me the easy server fix? I'd like to try it on my server, but not exactly sure what to change...
              sigpic
              Visit my aisle in the SBM store!
              My buddies are Granny, Moonbeam and Wolvsie35!

Comment

Ok, thanks for your answers. Another question - if it is changed to be able to read them as they are intended - .smb or .smt will it affect the .zips that we have to download?

Thanks,
                Ladybug
                sigpic

Comment

If someone has the server fix I sure could use it also.

Thanks
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X