X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • juliescraps
    Layout Whiz
    • Aug 2007

I wanted to let you know that my pictures, elements, backgrounds and paperscraps are again doing that flashing as it loads for me to pick an item. It did this once before and stopped as quick as it started (it did stop doing this on the Acer computer), it is now doing this again.

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/forums/t...15-I-need-help!

This is the thread of when I had this same problem before. The funny thing is I am now running on a different computer. My last computer was an acer and this computer is an HP.

My computer specs are:
    HP Pavillion
    Windows 7 64 bit
    virus software is McAfee
    Scrapbook Max version 2.0.7.0

My computer is updated automatically and so is my virus software. So everything should be up to date.

I hope this information will help find the problem.

Thank you,
    Julie
    Last edited by juliescraps; 11-29-2012, 06:52 AM.

Comment

• Karin
      • Jan 2006

Thanks, Julie. I've sent this info to our developers as well.

Comment

• KapiScrap
        Scrap Guru
        • Jun 2010

Hi!

I have Windows 7 Pro 64 bits.
        I also have McAfee.

I believe that there's a conflict with something... the thumbnails aren't immediately loaded... so they're blinking when they're loading... Could it be a conflict with the antivirus? or Scrapbook MAX wouldn't like the real time data analysis made by the antivirus which guarantees to secure the PC?

I have encountered this issue during the summer... the only important event on my PC was that a McAfee technician had secured my machine... with new configuration properties.

Let me make a try.

Sandrine
        Last edited by KapiScrap; 11-29-2012, 11:20 AM.
        KapiScrap ScrapbookMAX store

Comment

• KapiScrap
          Scrap Guru
          • Jun 2010

EUREKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I deactivate the data analysis in real time in McAfee... That doesn't blink!!!

If I activate it, that blinks AGAIN!

Good point! The SBM tech support can probably reproduce the issue now. I'm going to email them my settings for the real time data analysis.

From my side I can't turn off this feature as it guarantees to secure my PC.

Sandrine
          Last edited by KapiScrap; 11-29-2012, 11:38 AM.

Comment

• Saviscrap
            • Nov 2011

I have no idea what you are all talking about lol, but Sandrine I hope it solves everyones blinking problems

Comment

• KapiScrap
              Scrap Guru
              • Jun 2010

Originally posted by wench View Post

I have no idea what you are all talking about lol, but Sandrine I hope it solves everyones blinking problems
              Oh!!!! Only about an issue with the thumbnails... They are blinking. That kills the eyes. LOL.

Seriously... to everyone who is encountering this issue.

PLEASE CHECK THE SETTINGS OF YOUR ANTIVIRUS even if you aren't using McAfee... and try to disable the real time data analysis. If the issue continues to occur, try to disable your antivirus BUT for security purpose turn off your internet connection.

Hope that it will help you.

Keep in mind that when your PC is connected to Internet your antivirus should always be activated... There are only a few cases for which you could disable temporarly your firewall.

That'd be interested to know with which antivirus and version of the antivirus it occurs.

Sandrine

Comment

• juliescraps
                Layout Whiz
                • Aug 2007

I did as Sandrine suggested and turned my real time scanning off and that did stop the blinking (I use McAfee virus software), when I turned it back on it started to blink again.

I hope this helps.

Thank you,
                Julie

Comment

• KapiScrap
                  Scrap Guru
                  • Jun 2010

Great!

In fact I have launched another scrapbooking software product to check if we have a similar issue with the thumbnails in the dialogs... And yes. In fact, it isn't obvious because you don't have the blinking effect... but the thumbnails aren't dynamically displayed... you have to wait for minutes and minutes... depending of course of the number of files inside a same folder... When I turn off the scanning, the thumbnails are displayed faster but it requires more time than with Scrapbook MAX. But that's more reasonable :-)

FYI - It's better to have folders with a small amount of files. So they can be loaded faster.
                  And of course, my photos folders are... HUGE!!!!!!!!!!! I'm good for giving advices. LOL.

And when you think to the issue, it's quite normal as there's a real time scanning... so somewhere all the applications are not so fast as they should be.

In the past I have also noticed that the issue didn't occur even if the realtime scanning was running when your files were located on a DVD or CD or an external drive... Why? Now I know why :-) Because the external drive is scanned once, when I insert it or plug it (because of my own antivirus configuration).

Hope that it helps.

Sandrine
                  Last edited by KapiScrap; 11-29-2012, 03:18 PM.

Comment

• judifa
                    • Apr 2012

Hello, I have McAfee on my computer and have found that the real time data analysis is causing the problem. When you turn it off everything is fine. When it is turned back on everything blinks again.I can't turn it of from my side as it secres my computer. Hope Scrap Max can help . Now that I know the problem ... what is the solution. Anyone!!!!!!!!!! Help!!!!!!
                    Last edited by judifa; 11-29-2012, 06:54 PM.

Comment

• Monkey Toes Too
                      Mad Scrapper
                      • Feb 2010

Wow! This explains a lot. I too have McAfee and when I temporarily turned it off the blinking stopped. When I turned real time scanning back on the blinking started up again. Of course this can't be done if I do a speed scrap as I don't want to me on the internet without protection.
                      Kim Goodman

Proudly CT for Kapiscrap & Art and Digi Cyber Scraps

Comment

• KapiScrap
                        Scrap Guru
                        • Jun 2010

Really happy to know that the problem has been identified!

Sandrine

Comment

• Karin
                          • Jan 2006

I'm very glad that you have figured out what is causing the problem on your systems.

Karin

Comment

• judifa
                            • Apr 2012

I have contacted McAfee through my internet provider. I stayed on the phone from 8:00am until about 10:30 trying to get the problem solved. They are aware of what is happening in Scrap Max 2.0. They re-installed McAfee but that did not help. The tech said he would have to take it to a higher elevation and they are suppose to call me tomorrow. What I don't understand is why is this not happening in my other Scrapbooking programs. It only happens in Scrap Max.
                            Thanks for all help.
                            Hope this issue can be resolved as I enjoyed working in Scrap Max .
                            Have a good day everyone!
                            Judy aka Judifa

Comment

• judifa
                              • Apr 2012

A representative from McAfee just called me back and did a scan. He said the problem was that I had a lot of Malware on my computer and needed to talk to someone from Micro soft. Of course there would be a charge. I told him to forget it. What next!

Comment

• KapiScrap
                                Scrap Guru
                                • Jun 2010

Hi!

I have no malware. My PC has been cleaned and secured by a McAfee tech last summer.

Install and run McAfee Virtual Technician to check your PC. Then go on the McAfee forum... you could find some help.

I'm almost sure that you're encountering issues with some other scrap software products if the embies/papers/photos are loaded on a dialog with the thumbnails... but the issue isn't so obvious as you don't have the "KISS COOL EFFECT"... oups! Blinking effect :-) Send me a PM to tell me which scrap software products you also use... Don't name there. No need to advertise the competition. LOL.

Sandrine

Comment

Working...
                                X