• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Helen Miller
    Mad Scrapper
    • Jun 2006

Help back up directions

I can not find the directions to back up my sbm projects. and the ones I have backed up I can't seem to pen in the new sbm download????????????Help please help
    [email protected]

Mickey (Helen Miller)
  • Helen Miller
    Mad Scrapper
    • Jun 2006

I do not have aol instant message. I do have facebook. Helen Miller

Mickey (Helen Miller)

Comment

• SBM Diane
      Digi Sage
      • Sep 2010

Hi Mickey,

This is what I do. I purchased an external hard drive for all my digital scrapbooking supplies and for backing up my projects. Create a new folder on your drive labeled Scrapbook Max and open it. You will be dragging your files over to it. Then go to the PC Start Menu and My Documents, double click on the Scrapbook Max Folder and you will see your projects folder. For the first back up, simply drag this folder to your Scrapbook Max folder on your external hard drive. Once that is completed you are backed up. You may do this with your other folders as well. When you are done with this you can simply manually drag your completed project over to your external drive each time you complete a layout. You may want to consider placing your important projects on a CD/DVD also just in case your external drive decides to stop working for you. I found this out the hard way.

Some external hard drives come with a computer back up feature right in them. You can set them to back up your entire computer when your not using it.

For the files you have already backed up, they need to be inside the projects folder on your PC in order to open them while in Scrapbook Max. It sounds like you may do what I do. I take my old projects that I am no longer working with and store them in my projects folder on my external hard drive and take them out of the projects folder on my PC. This saves alot of space on my PC. You will find after you do this hobby for awhile that your PC hard drive fills up fast, and when it gets too full your PC may crash or freeze do to low space. If I decide later on to use that project again I simply drag that file back to my PC Scrapbook Max Project folder. When you have the software open just click on File/Open and your projects will come up in a box; then you can choose the one you want to work on.

If you have additional questions don't hesitate to ask. There is always someone here at the forum to answer questions.

Have a wonderful day!!
      Diane
      Last edited by SBM Diane; 04-11-2013, 12:33 PM.

Comment

• Helen Miller
        Mad Scrapper
        • Jun 2006

Thank you for helping. I will try this step one step two. and see if I can do it. I have stuff on the external hard drive from the old SBM and can't seem to get into the new one and when I am traveling, I can not get the files to open when I am using someone elses computer. they also have SBM. any help on that one? I just feel really dumb, and have been using SBM for quite a while. so I should know, thanks for any help I can get. in the meantime, i will try again using step one , step two etc.

Mickey (Helen Miller)

Comment

• Helen Miller
          Mad Scrapper
          • Jun 2006

It didn't work. what am I doing wrong. to put them back into the new SBM

Mickey (Helen Miller)

Comment

• Karin
            • Jan 2006

Hi Helen!

Is your question about using Scrapbook MAX! 1.0 content in Scrapbook MAX! 2.0? Are you also trying to transfer Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 projects to a second computer when traveling? I'm trying to follow your question so we can help you with the best info - thanks!

Comment

• Helen Miller
              Mad Scrapper
              • Jun 2006

sorry , I have out of town company but I really need to know these. I have saved both 1.0 and 2.0 projects,to the external hard drive, and I can not get either to open in my SBM on my pc. or if I am traveling on anyone elses computer. even those that have bought SBM after seeing mine. I think i now understand how to copy projects to a jump drive. although I have not had time to do it. My company will be leaving tomorrow, then it will take a day or two to get back on track. and I will give it another honest hard try. thank you again for the time and patients for trying to figure this out for me. maybe a step one , two, three would help. thanks again. Mickey

Mickey (Helen Miller)

Comment

• Karin
                • Jan 2006

Hi Helen!

As for opening projects in Scrapbook MAX!, it is possible to work on Scrapbook MAX! 1.0 projects in Scrapbook MAX! 2.0, however they will become unusable in Scrapbook MAX! 1.0 after you do that. If you have Scrapbook MAX! 1.0 already installed on your computer, they should by default be available in Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 once you installed it. If they aren't, you can go to Edit > Preferences in the Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 menu, then choose Content and select to show Content From Previous Versions. You'll then be able to view and work with your Scrapbook MAX! 1.0 projects in Scrapbook MAX! 2.0.

Once you open and save them (i.e, your Scrapbook MAX! 1.0 projects in Scrapbook MAX! 2.0),the project folders will be located under My Documents > Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 > Projects. You can copy the folders found there and transfer to a USB etc. which you can then use to get them onto your other computer where Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 is also installed. Be sure to copy them in that exact same location on your second computer, so once again to My Documents > Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 > Projects (Also, just so you know, you can't use Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 projects in Scrapbook MAX! 1.0.)

I'm just trying to give you all the information I can think of to answer your question - not sure if it is all relevant to your case - but let us know if this helps and/or if you need other help. Thanks!
                Last edited by Karin; 04-17-2013, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X