How do I use Zipped files?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I use Zipped files?

I have a question regarding zipped files. I went to a website that had free alphabets so I downloaded them and extracted them and when I went to use them in my embellishments the file showed a picture of the whole alphabet but I couldn't use the letters individually. I tried opening the file and saving the file when it prompted me to and the same thing happened both time. What am I doing wrong? I appreciate the help in advance.

Andi

Hi Andi....

Most files out there are in layer format. In order to get the individual letters, you must either crop the letters, or have the program they were done with. Was the alphabet done in Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro, Photo Impact? If you go to the site, they will tell you what format they use.

Can you tell me what format they are in, or the extension at the end of the file, and I can try to help you from there.

Granny
    sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

Thanks Granny...

Hi Granny, thanks so much for the reply. I was downloading from the site
      freedigitalscrapbooking.com and the alphabets are a .zip file and when you go to download any one of the alphabets it asks you to open or save.

Andi

Comment

When they are all on one page like that, you can open the file in your image editor (photoshop, paintshop pro, digital image pro, gimp, etc.) Once you have the file open, use the lasso tool to extract the letter you want to use and then drag it onto your scrapbook page or save it as a new file. The ones that come with each letter in a separate file are so much easier to use! That's the only way I know to do it. Maybe someone else out there will let you know if there's another way.
        sigpic

Comment

You can also crop the file from within Scrapbook MAX! Right click on the embellishment/font you are using and go to Effects > Crop. Then put your mouse on the bounding box (the dotted lines) and crop out the part you want to use.

Did that help?

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
            You can also crop the file from within Scrapbook MAX! Right click on the embellishment/font you are using and go to Effects > Crop. Then put your mouse on the bounding box (the dotted lines) and crop out the part you want to use.

Did that help?
            Great suggestion Sandy. Thats what I do when I download things that are like that. It's easier and less time consuming this way. I do cropping from sbmx. It's great. I love this tool.

Visit my blog
            Visit my section of the store here

Comment

Thanks, NanaC95565, that is one of my favourite effects too...

Comment

Working...
              X