X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JoJo
    started a topic Photo Embellishment.

Photo Embellishment.

Thanks to Corey i made my grandaughter into an embellishment, I watched & followed your video on making your own embellishments, can't believe i did it, but it worked, little rough around the edges though.
    I used adobe photo shop elements a little different to the one you used but i got there,thanks again Corey.
    JoJo.
    Attached Files

• Corey
    replied
    Well said. And that's a good reminder, Windows paint is definitely a perfectly good image editor for quite a few common tasks...

Leave a comment:

• Granny
    replied
    Sorry, JoJo, I don't know. I only use PS Elements for the Wow effects, which are out of this world. I have never searched for tuts for it.

And Corey, you're so right. I wish I had the patience to really learn PS, but allas!, the old brain is to decrapitated... Ops, sorry, I meant decrepit.

And truth be told, I use about 10 different programs, including the little old Windows Paint. They all have something peculiarly great that the others don't.

So there! Viva la difference!

Granny

Leave a comment:

• Corey
    replied
    They're all good programs. Anything you can get your hands on is good IMO. The main thing is to find something you like and enjoy using. PS is definitely not for everyone, and all those other programs have ample strong points too. You definitely don't need to spend a fortune to find what you need.

Leave a comment:

• JoJo
    replied
    Thanks Granny.
    Do you know if there are tutorials for photo shop elements 4.0, guess i could just go to google, might do that, thanks anyway. I'm ok if i can write easy steps down but if it gets to tech i'm lost
    JoJo

Leave a comment:

• Granny
    replied
    Wow, those are terrific. Yes, Photoshop is definetely the Cadillac of image software, but, like Corey said, it would take forever to master. And the price is no joke! I have PS7, but...

I started working with Paint Shop Pro instead, because there are so many sites with tutorials. I'm the type of person that learns best by doing. I used to read those huge manual from cover to cover, but I must be getting too old, because I can't do it any more. But I find that doing tutorials from the net it's a lot more fun. You see results instantly, and the repetition helps to retain the knowledge.

My humble suggestion... If you would like to make your own graphics, embellishments, etc., try PSP. Or, PhotoImpact.

Granny

Leave a comment:

• Corey
    replied
    One? What a great age to be. She's got it made in the shade.

Leave a comment:

• JoJo
    replied
    I visited the link you sent in Corey, that ia amazing it looks just like a photo, don't think i could ever get that good ever. Like i've said before i'm not real puter lit, so i probably would never touch the tip of the iceburg even, but i'm trying.
    That's not a bad idea about doing a course, think i would enjoy that if i could take it all in, the old memory is a bit vague at times, but thank you sdth & yes she is georgous isn't she. she just turned 1 the other day.

JoJo

Leave a comment:

• Corey
    replied
    Yes Jessica, that's Bert's knack. For fun, check out these other pieces of his, again 100% Photoshop:
    http://www.photoshopsupport.com/insp...hamburgers.jpg
    http://whereisben.blogs.com/photos/u...ed/oakland.jpg

I love Bert's work.

Leave a comment:

• sdth
    replied
    Jojo you have a gorgeous grandaughter! This is coming from a grandmom of 5, 3 boys and 2 girls! If you plan on doing much with PhotoShop you might consider taking a Community College class in its uses. I did, and am very glad I did!! I couldn't do with out that knowledge now! You did an awesome job on that page, just think what you could do with some formal education on PS behind you!!!

Leave a comment:

• Jessica
    replied
    wow, I checked the link... it looks just like a picture ! amazing !

Leave a comment:

• Corey
    replied
    Yes Photoshop is amazing. The things one can do... It's enough to make your head spin.

Way back in the day I became an Adobe Photoshop Certified Expert (ACE) and for about 6 months before that my entire life revolved completely around Photoshop 5.0, night and day. In fact, no lie, I had to wear an eye patch (alternating) sometimes to rest my eyes because I was working so many hours. Long story short, even way back then, and even as keen a type as I am, it was still extremely apparent that one could spend their entire life using Photoshop and still not know every single aspect of it 100%. Photoshop is my #1 all time favorite piece of software because of that.

Check out the fine artist Bert Monroy for example. Here's one of his pieces which took over 2,000 hours, and it's 100% Photoshop: http://www.bertmonroy.com/home_img/images/hm_damen.jpg

For the record Bert is one heck of a nice guy too. A real class act. Anyhow my point being that Photoshop is very special. The totality of what it can do is not reproduced by any other tool on earth. The magic extractor is just the tip of the iceberg.

Leave a comment:

• JoJo
    replied
    I did this with photo shop elements 4.0, & with the magic extractor, what a great invention, & a lot of help from corey.
    JoJo.

Leave a comment:

• only1lovesublime
    replied
    Hey how would I do that? please tell me

Leave a comment:

• Corey
    replied
    Cheers.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X