Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sbm slowed to a crawl

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • sbm slowed to a crawl

    HELP!!! Last night i ordered two template kits from the sbm store. Now my
    sbm takes forever(over 2 minutes at times to load a template)..Someone mentioned putting unused items in a folder. How do i do this. Love the program and all the goodies butprogram needs to be faster at handling all the stuff on it. Help please.

  • #2
    Originally posted by msbobbitt View Post
    HELP!!! Last night i ordered two template kits from the sbm store. Now my
    sbm takes forever(over 2 minutes at times to load a template)..Someone mentioned putting unused items in a folder. How do i do this. Love the program and all the goodies butprogram needs to be faster at handling all the stuff on it. Help please.
    It is very slow. The more you download then it slows down but I guess it is worth the wait. You are not alone.we all feel the same.
    sigpic
    My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst



    Comment


    • #3
      mines slow but im just dealing with it at the moment, im getting a laptop, and will then dedicate my normal computer to scrapbooking

      Mell
      Mummy2Skye-Leigh
      Australia

      My buddy is nanwu


      Comment


      • #4
        I have been cleaning my C Drive very often to clear my temporary files about once a day to make it go a little faster especially since my pictures are such big files....
        Start:All Programs:Accessories:System Tools:Clean Up:Choose Drive you use for your Hard Drive!!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by babylicious36 View Post
          mines slow but im just dealing with it at the moment, im getting a laptop, and will then dedicate my normal computer to scrapbooking
          I do it the other way round!
          My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

          Comment


          • #6
            Got A Question on this.....

            I was looking at the area where you clean up the disk and noticed the option to back up...... What exactly will that back up or do? Is that something we can do to save our goodies to another location? nie
            sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

            My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
            !


            nie

            Comment


            • #7
              Hi Onie... Backup does just that, it backs up all the files in your computer to another drive, so that if your computer crashes, you can restore it. I don't like using it cause then you have to use the restore options. I just backup my files to cds. I think it gives me more control, but it's a matter of preference. The main thing is to backup your files, no matter how you do it.


              granny
              sigpic

              Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

              Please visit my Max Store

              Comment


              • #8
                Thanks Granny

                So, if I use an external drive or connect to the USB port, I can do BACK UP and it will back up everything I've saved! (embellishments, projects, pics, etc) That sounds pretty useful because I thought I would I had to copy to a another place, one file at a time!

                The problem I have run into with saving to a CD is it's too small for all my files and the CD-R is only a one time only. Needless to say, you end up with a bunch of CD's. I considered using CD RW but was told that I would have to erase the disc then save all the files again. Maybe I do not have a clear understanding of the best way to back up! I just know that every option I have explored appears to be complicated. Do pass on your suggestions to myself and to the many others with the same concerns!

                nie
                sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

                My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
                !


                nie

                Comment


                • #9
                  I tried using dvd's since they whole more data, but that doesn't seem to work. I agree with you, it's a pain to have to back up to cds, but I don't know what else to do.

                  Maybe someone else has a better idea.

                  Granny
                  sigpic

                  Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

                  Please visit my Max Store

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by OnieRN View Post

                    The problem I have run into with saving to a CD is it's too small for all my files and the CD-R is only a one time only. Needless to say, you end up with a bunch of CD's. I considered using CD RW but was told that I would have to erase the disc then save all the files again. Maybe I do not have a clear understanding of the best way to back up! I just know that every option I have explored appears to be complicated. Do pass on your suggestions to myself and to the many others with the same concerns!

                    nie
                    You can use CDRW just like you use CD's. Use your burning software to burn onto CDRW's. Then, next time you want to backup, just use the same CDRW disk and the software will erase it for you and burn your files again.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X