Scanning pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scanning pictures

I have only had my digital camera for a little over a year so I have a lot of "old fashioned" pictures (film). I have not had much success scanning them into my pc. When I resize them they turn out grainy. Does anyone have any tips?
    Stacey

Hello, Sawing, welcome to the forum...

I'm not an expert on scanning, but I think the secret is to scan at the highest resolution possible, then resize down to the size you need. The will make the pictures sharper.

But like I said, this is not one of my strong points. Hang around, and one of the experts will help you. They are really super helpful!

Granny
    sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

I usually hit the size to page button at review time of the scan. Then it enlarges it to the window. Still need to lighten or sharpen or whatever on the old pictures.

My Buddies - pkdoll, Marion and CraftyScraps

&

Comment

You would usually scan photos at 300 dpi. If you want to resize to a much larger size then the usual 4x6, you can scan at 600 dpi. I usually find that 300 dpi works well. Your scanner may have the option to lighten or darken the photo before the scan.

I have had a digital camera for 6 years now, but I scanned in all my old photos for the previous years and digital scrapbooked them.

Comment

Working...
        X