Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mix and match elements from theme files?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mix and match elements from theme files?

There are elements in some themes that I wish to use in other layouts. For instance there is one theme that has a piece of vellum and I want to use that vellum image file in a layout I am making starting with a blank page. Can this be done?

Yeppers, it can be done. I use elements from all the embellishments and papers in sbm. You just have to be careful when sharing with others. I have separate folders for copyrighted items. That I can only post in the members gallery. I incorate different things. Like I mentioned just have to be careful not to share with others Freebies you have downloaded from other sites. Even though they are free to download, doesn't mean we can redistribute them to others to share. You'll find it's hard not to share copyrighted materials. Just some food for thought.
    I hope you enjoy sbm. We have alot of fun and crazy people here.

Visit my blog
    Visit my section of the store here

Comment

Can you tell me how it is done? I am not looking to use the elements for anything more than just making my own layouts. When I get better at PSP and PSE I will share things that I make but so far all I managed to make on my own were a few papers and tags.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoutLady View Post
        Can you tell me how it is done? I am not looking to use the elements for anything more than just making my own layouts. When I get better at PSP and PSE I will share things that I make but so far all I managed to make on my own were a few papers and tags.
        Once you have opened the program and start a new scrapbook or layout page, for backgrounds you can choose one with the papers scraps etc. or with the different themes that come with it or ones you have downloaded just select by double clicking the individual file(s) and place them.Also I didn't realize it for a long time is you can also select a background just by clicking on your blank page and select image and scroll through till you find one you like. The heart is for your embellishments. There are many different things in there and they can be incorperated into many different layouts. You can also angle your elements. and place them at different angles. Hope this helps. I am sure others will chime in as well to help you out more. Once you learn the program it's a breeze, and very easy to use. I know you'll be hooked in no time. Would love to see your work. Can't wait.

Visit my blog
        Visit my section of the store here

Comment

Also if you have a particular item you want to add to your page from another theme. Just go to add page, you will be able to choose from all the pages in the program, then select the page with that item. copy and paste the item onto your page and then delete the page with that item again.

Does that make sense?

Marion

Comment

Originally posted by Marion View Post
            Also if you have a particular item you want to add to your page from another theme. Just go to add page, you will be able to choose from all the pages in the program, then select the page with that item. copy and paste the item onto your page and then delete the page with that item again.

Does that make sense?

Marion
            I'm going to try that, I'll have to follow your instructions. I need instructions by me, even they need to be as simple as paiting by numbers!
            My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

Originally posted by Marion View Post

Does that make sense?

Marion
              YES Marion, this is what I do also.

Comment

Working...
              X