Print shop for photo editing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Print shop for photo editing

I have not been on this forum for long, and it could be that the Print Shop has been discussed here before.

I have been using Print Shop for photo editing for a long time. It is much less expensive than other photo software, and it does what I need it to do. It is easy to use and easy to learn.

I have used it as a kind of make shift digital scrapbooking software, but it has its limitations for that. It is really meant to be a way to print brochures, flyers and newsletters. It will handle many different types of papers from greeting cards to transparencies.

Before digital scrapbooking, I was into altered art, collage and decoupage. In doing altered art, digital is frowned on. Texture that can be felt, layering and 3-D was highly prized. Before digital scrapbooking I had never heard of a PNG file.

Since digital scrapbooking, I have found a new use for Print Shop, it does save files as PNG! I have been playing around with it. I scanned in a greeting card and used the freehand crop option to remove the background and other bits that I didn't want. Saved the file to 'my pictures' in my scrapbooking embellishments folder and as easy as that, I have a PNG embellishment with no background around it.

By the way, if any of you have not explored altered books, Artist trading cards and collage, you might want to look into it. You can learn to make some great backgrounds and embellishments. I have made some lovely backgrounds using stamping ink, shaving cream and cardstock. They can me scanned into your Print Shop to use as backgrounds in digital scrapbooking.

If I knew how to do it, I would share some of my backgrounds here. They are defininatley copyright free since I made them myself. I know how to move files into other forums, just not how to do it here.

I have created what I consider to be great layouts since I have Scrapbook Max, but they are not totally using Scrapbook Max embellishments and such, I am not sure if I can share them here since they are Scrapbook Max created, but not 100% Scapbook Max elements. ????

Also, in altered books, a layout using two adjoining pages that flow together is called a spread. Is that correct terminology here? I once did a altered book round robin called 'one picture". Everyone in the group was to make a spread using a picture chosen by the owner of the book. I chose a picture of my daughter as a baby. Each participant made a spread using that picture and thier inspiriation.

Sandra F

Hi there, I dont know about all the paint shop info, I dont have that, but I have shared my layouts in the gallery, and lots of my elements and papers etc are not scrapbookmax ones. I generally add at the bottom where I got the bits, just to credit who made them, or where I bought them, and a lot are free from the kind scrapbookmax members on the forum if you check it out under templates or embellishments in the sharing corner.
    Please go ahead and share your layouts to the gallery, it's great to check other's work out!
    Cheers, and Happy New Year!
    Susan

Comment

Sorry, that was Print Shop, not Paint Shop wasnt it? Dont know anything about that either though! Excuse me, I'm english!

Comment

Working...
      X