How do I....PSP and embellishment related question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I....PSP and embellishment related question

I have been trying for a couple hours now to make an embellishment for a page...well, the embellishment is made actually. Here's the problem...when I try to use it on the scrapbook page in SBM, it refuses to stay transparent. In ANYTHING else (on a webpage, in my printshop program, etc., etc.), it is perfect and wonderful. But, nooooooooooo, it has to throw a fit when I try to use it in SBM. You'd think my son and I could figure this one out, being web developers an' all (he's been trying to help me figure this one out, bless his heart), but the doggone thing (the embellishment, not my son, haha) is driving me nuts -- ARG! Oh! And we have tried it both as .gif AND .png but no go either way.

We use Paint Shop Pro...anyone know what in the world the problem might be between the two programs?

Thanks in advance!

knzus
    Diana

Be good to your favorite designer (I used to be one!) by LETTING THEM KNOW how much you appreciate their work!

hi

open the embellishment in psp and then open an image with transparency, use the clone tool to copy your embellishment over onto the transparent image, crop and then go file > export > png optimiser > go colour tab & make sure colours are set to 16.7 (24 bit) . click transparency tab > make sure alpha channel transparency is checked and existing image or tranfere layer is also checked > save to the file you wish it in

it should work fine if you do that

angel xxx

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
    , Check out my store
    Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

Here's how I do it:

Transparent background using Paint Shop Pro:

1. Open your image
      2. Click on image- palette- set palette transparency
      3. Export as png optimizer
      4 Save where you want it.
      sigpic

Comment

Woo-hoo! Yippeeee!

Okay, the one that worked was angelwithin's answer...I had tried Linda's (which is my normal way of doing this), but for some odd reason, the "easy" way wasn't working out. Thank you Linda - thank you angelwithin! I'm a happy camper...er, scrapper!

*dancing the embellishment jig*

Ya'll join right in.

Diana

Be good to your favorite designer (I used to be one!) by LETTING THEM KNOW how much you appreciate their work!

Comment

Boy do I know that feeling. I was going through the same thing. I was using Photo Explosion Delux. It is very nice but it does take up a lot of space on the hard drive. But no matter what I tried I couldn't get the transparency to hold when I moved it to SBM. So frustrating. I was trying everything I could think of. Then I discovered I had an old version of Photo Shop Elements. So I tried it. Like Magic it worked. It is really involved trying to learn the proram though. But I am having fun while learning.

Glad you finally got it!
          [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

another program I have been using for removing backgrounds is GIMP. It is free and very easy!

Marion

Comment

Working...
            X