New Computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Computer

I have been using Scrapbook Max since 2009. I love, love, love Scrapbook Max, but I am so afraid that when I change to my new computer I will loose everything I have purchased and saved in Scrapbook Max on my old computer. I'm talking about hundreds of scrapbook pages. I have not saved the many add-ons, kits, etc. that I have purchased through the years. What am I going to do? Does anyone have any advice for me?

Hi Janice,

By default, your Scrapbook MAX! projects are saved to the following location: My Documents> Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 > Projects

You can make a copy of all the folders you find in this Projects folder (on your current computer), save them to an external source (like a CD-R or memory key), and then, once you install Scrapbook MAX! on your new computer, copy those folders to the exact same location on your new system.

A better/easier option for transferring over the projects and content you currently have access to in Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 on your old computer over to your new one: simply locate My Documents > Scrapbook MAX 2.0 on your old computer and make a copy of that entire folder (i.e., the folder called Scrapbook MAX! 2.0). Then, after you've installed Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 software on your new computer, you can simply copy that whole folder (the one called Scrapbook MAX! 2.0) to My Documents on your new computer. This should bring over not only your projects, but your published files, etc.

As for the add-ons that you mention, are these Scrapbook MAX! Mega Expansion Packs or individual kits purchased in our former Scrapbook MAX! store? Please let me know so that I can give you the solution that best fits your question. Thanks!
    Last edited by Karin; 03-20-2017, 08:11 AM.

Comment

I've had the same problem too. I saved my SBM to an external, brought it back in on the new computer. I don't have all the individual kits I've bought FROM SBM over the years. That is, they did not load into the SMB 2.0. They are on the computer, but I have to go to "photos" at top of page, then outside the SBM they show up. Before they were inside the SBM software. I went to gallery and images and it shows to download the embies (they DID download into program) but the templates did NOT. So how do I go about getting them into SBM?
      God bless you all,
      Fredrica

My wonderful buddy is Wolvsie 35: Michelle

Comment

Hello Frederica!

Can you please clarify a bit so I can try to help - are you saying that you are now able to get the embellishment kits imported into Scrapbook MAX!? If so, what exact steps did you take to do this?

As for your individual templates, what steps have you tried to import them into the program? (Please note that when individual templates are imported, they go to a Templates folder, not the Gallery folder. So, if they've imported correctly they go to My Documents > Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 > Templates. If they imported correctly, you'll be able to see them after choosing Create a New Scrapbook when you start up the program.

Hope I've understood and that helps - but if not, please provide more information about the exact steps you are taking to get your content into Scrapbook MAX!, and what is or is not happening for you. Thanks!

Karin

Comment

Thank you for your help on the above. I DID get all my templates into the program. One more thing. I reinstalled SBM 2.0. I went to use it today and noticed that the "eraser" is missing. That is a biggie for me---use it alot. Was it part of an update to 2.0 that wasn't on the original disk? Thanks again.
          God bless you all,
          Fredrica

Comment

Glad to hear about your templates!

The eraser has not been removed from the program. It is only 'highlighted' when you have an object selected that is able to be erased. Is it possible that it's there but just looks greyed out because you haven't selected anything on the page?

Or, it could be that you don't have the right toolbar view selected. Open up a project in Scrapbook MAX! and go to View, and select Toolbar from the dropdown menu. Make sure that you have the "Common" toolbar selected - that's where the eraser feature is located.

Hope that helps - let me know!

Karin

Comment

I checked and its not there---whether gray or highlighted. I selected several things that I've used to "erase" part of before, and still nothing comes up. I also went to the toolbar and have the common toolbar selected. Its still not there. I also checked every other feature in the tool bar and don't see it. I know I had it in my old computer before reinstalling.
              God bless you all,
              Fredrica

Comment

I suggest that you go back to View, then under Toolbar make sure that all the Toolbars are selected.

If you still don't see it, can you please tell me what version of the software you are using? I'm wondering if it's possible you reinstalled version 1.0 when getting set up on your new computer? That could explain the absence of the eraser since it only came out with version 2.0.

To see the exact version number, go to Help > About Scrapbook MAX! in the menu -- the number will be in the upper right corner of the About screen that comes up. Thanks!
                Last edited by Karin; 09-23-2018, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Sorry I have delayed in replying. I did all the above...I have the common toolbar checked, I went to help and the version I have shown is 2.0.0.0. I also saw on forum to go to help, and click update. Under my "help" I see no "update". I really need my eraser!! Thank you for your continued help
                  God bless you all,
                  Fredrica

Comment

YEAH! I got it figured out. I was looking at "help" on the website instead of my software program. Have the eraser function now. Thanks for previous help
                    God bless you all,
                    Fredrica

Comment

Working...
                    X